• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:531]What Is Wrong with "slut shaming"?

Re: What Is Wrong with "slut shaming"?

Why is this in the abortion sub-forum?

Please explain why you posted this here.

I thought it should be at least in a forum where it is related to the general range of topics. Abortion opponents are frequently accused of "slut shaming" (again I hate he term "slut" with a passion but I didn't know how else to introduce the subject).

promiscuity is not "responsible sex".

So why are women who do it "sluts", but men who do it "studs"?

Are there similar words glorifying/encouraging women who do it and shaming/disparaging the men?

I personally think the problem people have with this is that it is a glaring example of misogyny in our culture.

So why are women who do it "sluts", but men who do it "studs"?

I've made it clear that I condemn men just as much as I have women.

What makes you think you have the right to condemn anyone?

What makes you think you have the right to condemn anyone?

I don't think in terms of whether I have the right to do something.

I don't think in terms of whether I have the right to do something.

Ok so this thread is about nothing but your personal and unjustified sense of moral superiority

Ok do cigarettes cause cancer then? By your logic cigarettes have no health consequences because the majority of smokers will die of old age never getting cancer
Cigarettes cause health problems to 99% of those who smoke longterm, and to those around them as well. Smoking is still legal though, limited, but legal.

Smoking is also not natural, sex is.

The majority of people who have sex outside of marriage do not get a major STD or experience an unwanted pregnancy. A little over half may get an STD such as HPV, including those who waited, but their spouse didnt. The vast majority of sexual encounters outside of marriage does not result in negative consequences.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

This is not an argument. All you are proving is that Donald Trump was engaged in Mortal sin, not that his behavior was right

I never said it was right. Another failure in reading comprehension on your part. I said he paid no penalty for his promiscuity. He was never called a slut. Will you now call him a slut? Do you support this slut as president?

Last edited:

Well then I think the problem most people have is just the phrase "slut shaming". If you can come up with a good similar disparaging word/phrase for the men who do it, then I think we would be all good.

Ok so this thread is about nothing but your personal and unjustified sense of moral superiority

Well I consider my sense of moral superiority fully justified. As I'm not condemning anything I've ever done. My hands are clean.

Well I consider my sense of moral superiority fully justified. As I'm not condemning anything I've ever done. My hands are clean.

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone", huh?

"Judge not lest ye be judged", huh?

You should read the Bible once in a while. There are some good things in there occasionally. You should listen up.

Are you serious, or are you just trolling us now?

I bet you if we start pointing out your flaws, like your suffocating pride and arrogance, you are all of a sudden going to start telling us how we are all sinners, huh?

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone", huh?

"Judge not lest ye be judged", huh?

You should read the Bible once in a while. There are some good things in there occasionally. You should listen up.

I read the Bible daily.

The Bible does not condemn making judgements. It condemns making hypocritical judgements. Which I do not do. As I pointed out, I haven't condemned anything I'm guilty of.

Are you serious, or are you just trolling us now?

I bet you if we start pointing out your flaws, like your suffocating pride and arrogance, you are all of a sudden going to start telling us how we are all sinners, huh?

I haven't condemned suffocating pride (whatever that is) or arrogance.

Cigarettes cause health problems to 99% of those who smoke longterm, and to those around them as well. Smoking is still legal though, limited, but legal.

Smoking is also not natural, sex is.

The majority of people who have sex outside of marriage do not get a major STD or experience an unwanted pregnancy. A little over half may get an STD such as HPV, including those who waited, but their spouse didnt. The vast majority of sexual encounters outside of marriage does not result in negative consequences.

The risk factor for STDs out of married relationships is way below that of people who are promiscuous.

Smoking is very natural, tobacco is a plant that combusts when lit.

You are merely trying to justify behavior that you yourself probably regret. I seriously doubt you actually think your life is better because you gave your virginity to someone other then your husband. At best it is no different

I never said it was right. Another failure in reading comprehension on your part. I said he paid no penalty for his promiscuity. He was never called a slut. Will you now call him a slut? Do you support this slut as president?

I don’t use the term slut directed at people. It’s tacky. And we’re not talking about merely calling a woman “a slut” feminists insist that any form of criticism of female promiscuity is “slut shaming” “slut shaming” is not merely the use of the word “slut” which should not be used because it’s something that’s extremely tacky.

I called his behavior mortally sinful which it is.

My support for him as president is unconnected to his *alleged* (and disputed) behavior 15 years ago.

No woman has been run out of office for being a “slut” that I am aware of, since your concern is equality

I read the Bible daily.

The Bible does not condemn making judgements. It condemns making hypocritical judgements. Which I do not do. As I pointed out, I haven't condemned anything I'm guilty of.

The Bible says "let him who is without sin cast the first stone". It doesn't say anything about only things which you're not guilty of.

Isn't it also a sin to make things up about what the Bible says? A little shame is not a bad thing sometimes. Do you have any?

I haven't condemned suffocating pride (whatever that is) or arrogance.

Suffocating pride and arrogance is reading "judge not lest ye be judged" and judging anyway because you think you are as pure as the driven snow. Jesus would not be happy with you, even if you keep saying you believe, I am sure.

I don’t use the term slut directed at people. It’s tacky. And we’re not talking about merely calling a woman “a slut” feminists insist that any form of criticism of female promiscuity is “slut shaming” “slut shaming” is not merely the use of the word “slut” which should not be used because it’s something that’s extremely tacky.

I called his behavior mortally sinful which it is.

My support for him as president is unconnected to his *alleged* (and disputed) behavior 15 years ago.

No woman has been run out of office for being a “slut” that I am aware of, since your concern is equality

So what is the insulting equivalent of "slut" for a promiscuous man?

So what is the insulting equivalent of "slut" for a promiscuous man?

What does that matter?

That’s merely a deflection from the thread topic.

Suffocating pride and arrogance is reading "judge not lest ye be judged" and judging anyway because you think you are as pure as the driven snow. Jesus would not be happy with you, even if you keep saying you believe, I am sure.

You clearly need to spend more time reading the Bible.

It’s amazing how every left wing atheist has the one verse out of context memorized and is ready to throw it out whenever their libertine degeneracy is questioned

The risk factor for STDs out of married relationships is way below that of people who are promiscuous.

Smoking is very natural, tobacco is a plant that combusts when lit.

You are merely trying to justify behavior that you yourself probably regret. I seriously doubt you actually think your life is better because you gave your virginity to someone other then your husband. At best it is no different

No, smoking is not natural. We are the only species that does it without human intervention (humans provide cigarettes, smoking to any other animals that do it). Almost all animals have sex, have some drive to have sex. A human raised separately from society would not think to burn tobacco and breathe it into their lungs to get a chemical buzz from it.

I don't regret my previous relationships. I learned and grew from them. I would have been, be even less confident without such relationships and realization that I can choose who I have any intimate relations with and at what level.

And yes, being married is a lower risk factor for STDs, in general. But being promiscuous also doesnt mean you will get an STD or get pregnant. I didnt. Neither did my husband. And we know because we were in the military and tested regularly.

You clearly need to spend more time reading the Bible.

It’s amazing how every left wing atheist has the one verse out of context memorized and is ready to throw it out whenever their libertine degeneracy is questioned

So since you know the Bible so well, tell us what it says about who should throw stones first at a promiscuous prostitute?

What does that matter?

That’s merely a deflection from the thread topic.

It has everything to do with it. This is all really about misogyny, not promiscuity. I want to know the equivalent term you use with promiscuous men.

Note, almost half a dozen responses and no one is bothering to even attempt to explain why sexual promiscuity should not be condemned.
Why should it be condemned?

If it's done safely and consensually, who cares?

Back
Top Bottom