• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:531]What Is Wrong with "slut shaming"?

Re: What Is Wrong with "slut shaming"?

Obviously no human institution is 100% perfect.

However children from fatherless homes suffer greatly and this is indisputable. Women suffer greatly from sexual sin and promiscuity. This is indisputable as well.

There are some marriages that are toxic, this is indisputable. However a solid marriage is the best environment for both women and their children, and in the majority of cases this is true.

I would counter that a stable, loving household with sufficient income is the best environment for women and their children. Of course, a marriage can provide those things. But it also might not, and you can also provide those things without marriage.

Note, almost half a dozen responses and no one is bothering to even attempt to explain why sexual promiscuity should not be condemned.

Prove to me that it should. I am unsure why people get so wound up about what other consenting adults do with each other.

It's certainly not my job to judge people based on that, it's not my problem.

There's no law against extramarital sex. Individual freedom means being able to engage in irresponsible behavior if you want to. That's half the reason people like this country. We have the freedom to act irresponsibly.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Prove to me that it should. I am unsure why people get so wound up about what other consenting adults do with each other.

It's certainly not my job to judge people based on that, it's not my problem.

As I've said, it is damaging to the culture and society that I and my family have to live in.

And those workers enjoyed longer lifespans and a better materiel standard of living then their previous generations.

People lived longer and healthier lives farming in the countryside than they did mining coal, or being crowded into filthy tenements. What was the life expectancy in London during their many cholera epidemics?

As I've said, it is damaging to the culture and society that I and my family have to live in.

Wear a hat.

Your spurious claims of damage are not equal to the rights of others to live their lives.

00-lead-intro-tm.jpg

My stats are this that I know of.
Wife had abortion. It was not long past that that she decided sex with her male coworkers was great fun. She filed for divorce.
Step daughter called me in tears. Her boyfriend kicked her out since she got pregnant. How dare she get pregnant when this ass wanted sex.
I took her to the clinic, paid for his screw up. She waited 30 days and hopped right back into bed with this loser.

GF called me to meet. She was pregnant. I met her and wanted her to bear our child. She says no. She went to planned death hood for the abortion and I picked her up and lovingly cared for her. We broke up in 1995 over her becoming a slut. Oh, I paid half of the cost.

GF called me to meet also at a restaurant. There she told me she was pregnant. Different GF. So I was a bit more leery about her but said I wanted to marry her. She snuck off to SF to have her abortion. She never asked for money. We shortly after broke up.

Abortions kill relationships.

Sounds like there might have been a more fundamental problem.

There's no law against extramarital sex.

There's still potential grave consequences.

Individual freedom means being able to engage in irresponsible behavior if you want to.

Act freely within the law. Doesn't mean you cannot go to jail for irresponsible behavior. Missing your financial payments is a prime example of this.

That's half the reason people like this country. We have the freedom to act irresponsibly.

And yet they pay the price for it eventually.

Disagree on what? The consequences of extramarital sex, or the value of freedom?

Freedom has zero value if used to encourage degeneracy

Wear a hat.

Your spurious claims of damage are not equal to the rights of others to live their lives.

Agree to disagree again. And I'll never quit looking for ways to discourage people from having sex outside of marriage.

I would counter that a stable, loving household with sufficient income is the best environment for women and their children. Of course, a marriage can provide those things. But it also might not, and you can also provide those things without marriage.
You mean like one headed by a strong, masculine, moral husband?

I agree

Freedom has zero value if used to encourage degeneracy

"Degeneracy" is a subjective value and I cannot apply such a vague standard to a logical framework. I prefer more concrete quantifications of negativity.

Of course. But what limits do you realistically expect to be able to place on extramarital sex?

I was thinking about social (including governmental) pressures. Utilize public figures willing to speak out against it for example. And there are some. Like former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow.

Agree to disagree again. And I'll never quit looking for ways to discourage people from having sex outside of marriage.

That's a really odd obsession.

That being said, what ideas have you come up with?

If you can't abuse it, it isn't a freedom.

No offense but that is the most idiotic thing I've seen posted today.

By that reasoning you don't have the freedom to vote if you can't vote multiple times in the same election for the same person.

Back
Top Bottom