• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:531]What Is Wrong with "slut shaming"?

Re: What Is Wrong with "slut shaming"?

Victorian England was a wonderful time and place to be alive. The Height of the British empire brought advanced education and philosophy to the world, what was wrong with that?
10 Fascinating Facts About Prostitution In The Victorian Era - Listverse
While history books and romantic novels from England’s Victorian Era depict people as being very uptight, there were actually more brothels than there were schools. It is estimated that roughly 80,000 women were working as prostitutes in London alone, which reveals how sex-obsessed the culture truly was.

Degrading behavior and immorality are not emotional concepts. They are very damaging to society. Take your Lib controlled states for example! LOL!

Hmm, still seems emotional to me, your personal distaste for liberal states isn't a logical argument.

Men who have sex with women they’re not married to are degenerates.

Yes men who are degenerates are condemned. What world are you living in?

You libs just make Sh!t up all the time. And plus this isn’t even an argument. The fact some men are degenerates is not an argument that women should be sluts

I'm living in a world where the President bragged about his sexual escapades till he ran for president.

Donald Trump Calls Avoiding STDs His '''Personal Vietnam''' | PEOPLE.com
“It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider,” Trump said in the interview when Howard Stern asked how he handled making sure he wasn’t contracting STDs from the women he was sleeping with.

You libs just make Sh!t up all the time. And plus this isn’t even an argument. The fact some men are degenerates is not an argument that women should be sluts

I arguing against slut shaming. Not for promiscuity. Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

Hmm, still seems emotional to me, your personal distaste for liberal states isn't a logical argument.

LOL ironic coming from the group that staunchly advocates for emotional, irrational, dangerous behavior.

I arguing against slut shaming. Not for promiscuity.

If you don't condemn it, you condone it.

LOL so you totally contradicted yourself in this statement and you have the nerve to....

Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

talk about his reading comprehension??? LOL!

Arguing logic to emotion is a near futile attempt with these Libs.

LOL ironic coming from the group that staunchly advocates for emotional, irrational, dangerous behavior.

I'm not a group, I'm an individual, and I advocate for individual freedoms, not for behavior.

If you don't condemn it, you condone it.

LOL so you totally contradicted yourself in this statement and you have the nerve to....

talk about his reading comprehension??? LOL!

I condemn slut shaming. That is the topic of this discussion. I stand by my assessment of your reading comprehension.

The folks that are ok with slut shaming.....define slut.

You advocate for lawless, irresponsible behavior. Not freedom.

There's no law against extramarital sex. Individual freedom means being able to engage in irresponsible behavior if you want to. That's half the reason people like this country. We have the freedom to act irresponsibly.

I personally hate the word "slut" with a passion but I'm using it here given everyone will know what I'm talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slut

A recurring theme for people on the right who criticize women's sexual behaviors is that they are "slut shaming". Now according to everything I've read a "slut" or "slutty behavior" involves sexual promiscuity. Though it is almost always used to refer to women it can (and has) been used regarding men as well.

My point is this:

Shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something we should treat as "shameful"? What possible redeeming and positive attribute does it have? No matter your views on abortion, or premarital or extramarital sexual morality shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something that everyone on every side of the belief spectrum rightfully condemns?

What could possibly be wrong about shaming people who engage in such behavior?

Everything is wrong with it.

My stats are this that I know of.
Wife had abortion. It was not long past that that she decided sex with her male coworkers was great fun. She filed for divorce.
Step daughter called me in tears. Her boyfriend kicked her out since she got pregnant. How dare she get pregnant when this ass wanted sex.
I took her to the clinic, paid for his screw up. She waited 30 days and hopped right back into bed with this loser.

GF called me to meet. She was pregnant. I met her and wanted her to bear our child. She says no. She went to planned death hood for the abortion and I picked her up and lovingly cared for her. We broke up in 1995 over her becoming a slut. Oh, I paid half of the cost.

GF called me to meet also at a restaurant. There she told me she was pregnant. Different GF. So I was a bit more leery about her but said I wanted to marry her. She snuck off to SF to have her abortion. She never asked for money. We shortly after broke up.

Abortions kill relationships.

So a wife and two girlfriends whom you impregnated have had abortions.

What do you think the common denominator is?

So a wife and two girlfriends whom you impregnated have had abortions.

What do you think the common denominator is?

Personality as a birth control method? :shrug:

Note, almost half a dozen responses and no one is bothering to even attempt to explain why sexual promiscuity should not be condemned.

Nor have you given a reason why it should.
Except you disapprove.

And 1/2 of them gave a reason for not condemning. It's none of your business what people do in their bedrooms.

Even if it affects other people?

How does two mutual consenting adults affect other people.

Is this any worse than being a gambler, golfer, fisherman, drinker, skier, etc, etc, etc?

All those things can happen with marital sex too. Or you could just use a condom ;)

Obviously no human institution is 100% perfect.

However children from fatherless homes suffer greatly and this is indisputable. Women suffer greatly from sexual sin and promiscuity. This is indisputable as well.

There are some marriages that are toxic, this is indisputable. However a solid marriage is the best environment for both women and their children, and in the majority of cases this is true.

Shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something we should treat as "shameful"? What possible redeeming and positive attribute does it have? No matter your views on abortion, or premarital or extramarital sexual morality shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something that everyone on every side of the belief spectrum rightfully condemns?

1. No.
2. It's FUN. If it wasn't, people wouldn't do it.
3. No.

Sure, it's a choice.

"Do I want to eat today?"

And those workers enjoyed longer lifespans and a better materiel standard of living then their previous generations.

Back
Top Bottom