• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:51]White House orders end to COVID-19 airport screenings for international travelers

Genuine question: if trump was using the pandemic as an opportunity to cripple the nation, would it look any different than everything he's done?

White House orders end to COVID-19 airport screenings for international travelers

Mr. Trump asked around and he couldn't find anyone in the White House who had caught COVID-19 in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, or Asia so he made a Presidential Finding that since no one had caught COVID-19 in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, or Asia that meant that those areas were COVID-19 free and America could open up for travel to and from them again.

God help me since NEVER have I treated you remotely as rude and angry as you are over a mild and non threatening question.

You do mean "other than when I simply made up stuff that totally misrepresented what you had actually said and castigated you for my own out of touch with reality imaginary reality", don't you?

Biden shall not be inaugurated.

You forget to add the "not even if he gets 60+% of the popular vote in the highest percentage turnout of any American election ever and wins 70+% of the Electoral College vote" bit?

Genuine question: if trump was using the pandemic as an opportunity to cripple the nation, would it look any different than everything he's done?

White House orders end to COVID-19 airport screenings for international travelers

That makes sense. The initial goal of the screening was to keep Covid-19 out of the country, or at least limit it's spread to the country. Too late for that now.

The screenings have limited effectiveness anyway, and passengers are screened on the departure end. It makes sense to allow airports to return to their normal configuration, and spend that money elsewhere.

That makes sense. The initial goal of the screening was to keep Covid-19 out of the country, or at least limit it's spread to the country. Too late for that now.

The screenings have limited effectiveness anyway, and passengers are screened on the departure end. It makes sense to allow airports to return to their normal configuration, and spend that money elsewhere.
So, inviting even more potentially infected individuals into a country already ravaged by a killer virus is a good idea? There's a reason US travellers are banned from the EU; it's precisely that variety of Trumpist stupidity.

So, inviting even more potentially infected individuals into a country already ravaged by a killer virus is a good idea? There's a reason US travellers are banned from the EU; it's precisely that variety of Trumpist stupidity.
How is this 'inviting more potentially infected individuals into the country'? Are you suggesting we ban international flights all together?

These people are already in the country. The place to screen them is before they got on a plane - and that was done at the home country. I would be surprised if these screenings caught many people at all.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with hating politicians. Why not I mean you obviously hate the left.

I love freedom. Most realize that true freedom is not with government making more laws, but government seeking to remove laws.

This is old news.
USG resources will instead be dedicated to more effective mitigation efforts that focus on the individual passenger, including: pre-departure, in-flight, and post-arrival health education for passengers; robust illness response at airports; voluntary collection of contact information from passengers using electronic means as proposed by some airlines to avoid long lines, crowding and delays associated with manual data collection; potential testing to reduce the risk of travel-related transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19 and movement of the virus from one location to another; country-specific risk assessments to assist passengers in making informed decisions about travel-related risk; enhancing training and education of partners in the transportation sector and at United States ports of entry to ensure recognition of illness and immediate notification to CDC; and post-arrival passenger recommendations for self-monitoring and precautions to protect others, with enhanced precautions, including staying home to the extent possible for 14 days for people arriving from high-risk destinations.

I love freedom. Most realize that true freedom is not with government making more laws, but government seeking to remove laws.
Sure it hurts Trumpters feeling to assert that one hates Trump, but hey I love freedom.

The fact is that Donald Trump is a worthless traitor, who does not love freedom. I hate Trump because he wishes that one day America might try what China has: a Dictatorship. I hate Trump because he hates America; its only fair.

This is old news.
USG resources will instead be dedicated to more effective mitigation efforts that focus on the individual passenger, including: pre-departure, in-flight, and post-arrival health education for passengers; robust illness response at airports; voluntary collection of contact information from passengers using electronic means as proposed by some airlines to avoid long lines, crowding and delays associated with manual data collection; potential testing to reduce the risk of travel-related transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19 and movement of the virus from one location to another; country-specific risk assessments to assist passengers in making informed decisions about travel-related risk; enhancing training and education of partners in the transportation sector and at United States ports of entry to ensure recognition of illness and immediate notification to CDC; and post-arrival passenger recommendations for self-monitoring and precautions to protect others, with enhanced precautions, including staying home to the extent possible for 14 days for people arriving from high-risk destinations.
Ah. Another necro-thread. I wish DP would lock threads down after a period of time - at least on the breaking news sections.

Sure it hurts Trumpters feeling to assert that one hates Trump, but hey I love freedom.

The fact is that Donald Trump is a worthless traitor, who does not love freedom. I hate Trump because he wishes that one day America might try what China has: a Dictatorship. I hate Trump because he hates America; its only fair.

You never read Republicans discussing presidents as the Democrats so. Democrats love hate..

You never read Republicans discussing presidents as the Democrats so. Democrats love hate..
No, of course not. I mean, I have never seen Republicans discussing Obama, except in the most respectful terms. Ever. I never heard them call him 'Obummer' or his wife, Moochelle. No, I also never heard them accuse Obama of being a communist Muslim Kenyan, illegally occupying the White House after a rigged election. I mean, how ridiculous would that be? I'm sure you would agree.

So, would your idea of "a country that has perfect freedom" be "a country that has no laws"?

So, would your idea of "a country that has perfect freedom" be "a country that has no laws"?

One can get that impression for sure. But no I am not anti law, I am anti Democrats laws for the most part.

No, of course not. I mean, I have never seen Republicans discussing Obama, except in the most respectful terms. Ever. I never heard them call him 'Obummer' or his wife, Moochelle. No, I also never heard them accuse Obama of being a communist Muslim Kenyan, illegally occupying the White House after a rigged election. I mean, how ridiculous would that be? I'm sure you would agree.
Actually none of that came from me nor was it common place. But trump hate has lasted since at least Jan 20, 2017. Did you see million woman marches against Obama? Did we try to pull a coup on Obama either?

Nice story but I am not a Democrat. In fact I agree with George Washington that political parties will destroy this nation. That includes Republican, Democrat and any other faction that wants to disenfranchise non members of their representation. Of which President trump is the best example of a hyper-partisan hack ****ing up our nation.

So no your partisan attack on Democrats will not work with me since I oppose the existence of political parties in our Government. The US Constitution makes no mention of political parties or our supposed two party system.

No, I've been reading your posts.

I see that, not only does Mr. Trump want to stop screening incoming people for COVID-19, and not only does Mr. Trump want to stop testing Americans for COVID-19, and not only has "Team Trump" (at least tacitly) acknowledged that (under the leadership[?] of Mr. Trump) America has lost the fight against COVID-19 (and there is nothing to do but lie back and enjoy it), but also that Mr. Trump doesn't want to see any reporting about COVID-19 and its effects on America.

We have made tremendous progress with the China Virus, but the Fake News refuses to talk about it this close to the Election. COVID, COVID, COVID is being used by them, in total coordination, in order to change our great early election numbers.Should be an election law violation!​

Back
Top Bottom