• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:51]New Zealand Women Covering Their Hair for Solidarity with Muslims- How do You Feel About This?

How do You Feel About NZ Women Covering their Heads for Solidarity with Islam?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Zealand Women Covering Their Hair for Solidarity with Muslims- How do You Feel About This?

Start a thread then about it but stop derailing this one.

Pointing out hypocrisy is hardly derailing a thread, it is simply pointing out hypocrisy.

Re: New Zealand Women Covering Their Hair for Solidarity with Muslims- How do You Feel About This?

It is extremely insulting. A non-Muslim dressing in a Muslim costume claiming this shows solidarity with Muslims is no different that if a white man wore black face to show support for blacks.

It is extremely insulting. A non-Muslim dressing in a Muslim costume claiming this shows solidarity with Muslims is no different that if a white man wore black face to show support for blacks.
Sadly for you, the Muslim women in NZ were very touched by the solidarity if the gesture.
In this situation, your opinion has zero relevance and zero value.

"As an Iranian who was beaten & jailed for opposing mandatory Hijab,I'm appalled to see Hijab celebrated in the West.
I have a dream for all women to be free oneday. Free to choose what to wear, how to live, and what to think. Celebrating hijab destroys that dream. During my detention I’ve been tormented when they keep yelling that even in the West they praise the hijab & I'm a disgrace to the society!
In the west unintentionally they help fundamentalists to supress women like me when they glorify the hijab & make it the symbol of harmony!"

- Maryam Shariatmadari

Thanks for blowing it again liberal white guys.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Maryamshariatm

Except nobody is helping fundamentalist suppress women, they are showing one time support of the muslims in that country after a tragedy. Nothing more and nothing less. And they are not wearing hijabs, they just had a scarf loosely over their heads. A hijab normally covers ever single strand of hair. That to me, wearing hijabs would have gone too far. But the NZ women were not wearing hijabs. They had scarfs on for 1 day out of respect. Just like people had t-shirts on with "I am Charlie" after the killing of the cartoonists in Paris. This was a one time show of support. Not glorifying anything. This lady is trying to create an issue that does not exist.

It's heartwarming to see the majority of New Zealand citizens coming together as one in powerful symbol of unity to denounce such a heinous act.

I can't comprehend why anyone would actually have a problem with that. The ones that do have a problem with it are clearly only looking at ways to go out of their way to divide us.

I saw ISIS savages cut the heads off 30 Christian men in Libya. In what way can we show solidarity with Christians against the ISIS murdering Muslim morons?

I saw ISIS savages cut the heads off 30 Christian men in Libya. In what way can we show solidarity with Christians against the ISIS murdering Muslim morons?

You saw? You were there? Gosh. How did you escape!

IS are savages. They go after anyone, not just Christians, who doesn't hold their extremist views. I stand with ALL of their victims, and would offer help and support if the situation arises. I stand in solidarity with them all, I don't just pick and choose.

Fascinating.
How were you able to see the offeeshall Christian membership cards of all 30?
Gosh, you must have seen all of the ISIS membership cards of the bad guys, too!
ISIS must now have a stop and provide ID step in all of their actions.
I was unaware that ISIS routinely allows unaffiliated, unscathed witnesses take notes during their massacres.
Fascinating!

Go one step better.Have their genitals mutilated to comply with Sharia Law.

Really?

Firstly it is incorrect. Neither Shariah law, the religion of Islam, the Quran nor the Hadiths demand FGM. Some tribes and regions have a history of it and some of those that are Muslim falsely claim their religion requires it: they are wrong. Therefore so is anyone who repeats it.

Secondly it is repeated here presumably to slur an entire community or religion, and of course people of color, because most Muslims are from developing countries. It is especially low since they have just been the victims of a horrific, racially motivated attack, by someone who no doubt shares the same misguided sentiments as the post I am quoting.

It also suggests most Muslim women are 'forced' to cover their heads. While in some societies or strict families that is indeed true, in many places - including NZ - they do it as a custom and a choice, nothing more. Old Italian widows do it too, and Russian grandmas, boohoo.

IMO there is nothing wrong with showing solidarity with a community that has been senselessly attacked and has done nothing to provoke it, by wearing similar clothing.

People wear T-shirts with causes on them (or red trucker hats for that matter) this is no different. In fact it is considerably different in some cases when the attire is a symbol of hate.

Last edited:

If Jews were murdered here would the liberals wear yamakas?

**** no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You saw? You were there? Gosh. How did you escape!

IS are savages. They go after anyone, not just Christians, who doesn't hold their extremist views. I stand with ALL of their victims, and would offer help and support if the situation arises. I stand in solidarity with them all, I don't just pick and choose.

The murdering Muslim ISIS morons filmed a lot of their brutal savage barbarian atrocities for viewing on the web. I also stand with victims of violence and recognize the movement in NZ does focus on one small group of victims of violence. Do New Zealanders also stand against murderous Muslims who commit violence? They may end up having to wear something to represent a host of nationalities, ethnicities and religions.

Fascinating.
How were you able to see the offeeshall Christian membership cards of all 30?
Gosh, you must have seen all of the ISIS membership cards of the bad guys, too!
ISIS must now have a stop and provide ID step in all of their actions.
I was unaware that ISIS routinely allows unaffiliated, unscathed witnesses take notes during their massacres.
Fascinating!

Some people refuse to believe any factual news without first waiting for 'great minds' like Rachel Maddow to give the 'acceptable' leftist narrative about the news story.

Some people refuse to believe any factual news without first waiting for 'great minds' like Rachel Maddow to give the 'acceptable' leftist narrative about the news story.
Much simpler - I just recognize a bull**** post when I read one.

The murdering Muslim ISIS morons filmed a lot of their brutal savage barbarian atrocities for viewing on the web.

Ahh so that's how you "saw" it. You watched Islamic State Snuff videos? That's messed up. Anyone sharing their propaganda, is playing right into IS hands. That's what they want you to do. You fell for it. Their PR strategy has been effective and elaborate for years and it’s been a key part of their initial massive rise to global infamy. Their aim is to justify the unjustifiable and to terrorise and demoralise us ALONG with attempting to recruit the vulnerable. You are assisting them.

Personally, I have no desire to watch snuff movies. I already knew that IS is really bad and a genuine threat. I don't need to see images of the latest execution victims to convince me of that fact. I'm not three years old and I don't need pictures to identify with a story.

Much simpler - I just recognize a bull**** post when I read one.

Of course you do.

Started by New Zealand's President Jacinda Ardern, women in New Zealand were encouraged to cover their heads after the Christchurch attack, in order to show support for the victims. Judging by online news sources, thousands of Kiwi women and girls have donned headscarfs, and voluntarily covered their hair.

How do you feel about this? Personally, I don't remember Muslim women dressing in Western apparel, or donning Christian religious symbols to show solidarity with non-Muslim women after 9/11, or any of the hundreds of Islamic attacks in the Western world since then. Ardern's message to the Islamic community was, 'We Stand With You'. I'm not so sure Ardern knows the significance to Muslims of seeing thousands of Kiwi women wearing headscarfs. It looks like submission to them.

If it pisses off the crazy angry right wing talibornagain gun humpers and ammosexuals, then, hell yes. Comedy gold.

Ahh so that's how you "saw" it. You watched Islamic State Snuff videos? That's messed up. Anyone sharing their propaganda, is playing right into IS hands. That's what they want you to do. You fell for it. Their PR strategy has been effective and elaborate for years and it’s been a key part of their initial massive rise to global infamy. Their aim is to justify the unjustifiable and to terrorise and demoralise us ALONG with attempting to recruit the vulnerable. You are assisting them.

Personally, I have no desire to watch snuff movies. I already knew that IS is really bad and a genuine threat. I don't need to see images of the latest execution victims to convince me of that fact. I'm not three years old and I don't need pictures to identify with a story.

I am not taken in by the Muslim morons like so many Americans who still refuse to believe the Muslim religion teaches such barbaric savage practices which are carried out by the "faithful" according to their ungodly brutal religion.

If it pisses off the crazy angry right wing talibornagain gun humpers and ammosexuals, then, hell yes. Comedy gold.

It actually pissed off an Iranian woman who's been jailed for attempting to gain women's rights in her Muslim country.

"As an Iranian who was beaten & jailed for opposing mandatory Hijab,I'm appalled to see Hijab celebrated in the West.
I have a dream for all women to be free oneday. Free to choose what to wear, how to live, and what to think. Celebrating hijab destroys that dream. During my detention I’ve been tormented when they keep yelling that even in the West they praise the hijab & I'm a disgrace to the society!
In the west unintentionally they help fundamentalists to supress women like me when they glorify the hijab & make it the symbol of harmony!"

- Maryam Shariatmadari

https://mobile.twitter.com/Maryamshariatm

You white liberals remain as clueless and pampered as ever.

Started by New Zealand's President Jacinda Ardern, women in New Zealand were encouraged to cover their heads after the Christchurch attack, in order to show support for the victims. Judging by online news sources, thousands of Kiwi women and girls have donned headscarfs, and voluntarily covered their hair.

l_446954_045606_updates.jpg

ak_nz_2203.jpg

SEI_57916608-e1553235767782.jpg

How do you feel about this? Personally, I don't remember Muslim women dressing in Western apparel, or donning Christian religious symbols to show solidarity with non-Muslim women after 9/11, or any of the hundreds of Islamic attacks in the Western world since then. Ardern's message to the Islamic community was, 'We Stand With You'. I'm not so sure Ardern knows the significance to Muslims of seeing thousands of Kiwi women wearing headscarfs. It looks like submission to them.

It's very cool.
Know that story about the Nazi's in Denmark? They said Jews needed to wear the Cross of David on their coats so ordinary Danish citizens wore the cross too.
'Course, conservatives don't understand this level of activism.

It's very cool.
Know that story about the Nazi's in Denmark? They said Jews needed to wear the Cross of David on their coats so ordinary Danish citizens wore the cross too.
'Course, conservatives don't understand this level of activism.

If you think Jews wear crosses, I can see why you're confused Mal.

It actually pissed off an Iranian woman who's been jailed for attempting to gain women's rights in her Muslim country.

You white liberals remain as clueless and pampered as ever.

You alt right fascists are snowflake as ever.

You and the brainiacs who liked your post don't even know what a hijab is! Priceless!

hi·jab
/hiˈjäb/Submit
noun
a head covering worn in public by some Muslim women.

Hijab - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What you have failed to understand is that while all hijabs are head coverings not all head-coverings as are hijabs.

A Muslim woman pleaded for liberals in the West to stop portraying the hijab as benign, and you still won't listen.

The hijab is just another stupid religious symbol...I went to catholic school, the nuns wore hijabs too, but they called them habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom