• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:499, 515] Who's A Veteran?

"Millions".

OMG, you really just make up whatever you want to say, and spit it out. There have been just over 1 million killed combined in every war the US has been involved in since 1775.

The worst since these kinds of deferments went out by a huge margin was WWII. And the deferments went out because those graduates became the officers we needed as the war went on. They did indeed get drafted, and sent to OCS to lead the others who were drafted as enlisted.

But I guess to you, WWII was senseless. And every other war. No, sorry but once again, your almost nonsensical claims are rejected because they are incorrect, and inflated for some weird political purpose.
Millions of kids were subject to the draft. But only those in college could get a deferment. Nobody should have been able to put off service if others couldn't. Both the draft and volunteer military are a way of making sure the kids of the rich don't have to fight and die. It's a lot easier to send some poor kids off to war when your own kid doesn't have to go. Rich people start wars and poor kids fight those wars.

Millions of kids were subject to the draft. But only those in college could get a deferment. Nobody should have been able to put off service if others couldn't. Both the draft and volunteer military are a way of making sure the kids of the rich don't have to fight and die. It's a lot easier to send some poor kids off to war when your own kid doesn't have to go. Rich people start wars and poor kids fight those wars.

Boo-hoo.

People also got out of they were ministers, or above a certain age, or had the wrong genitals.

In case you did not notice, there is no draft. has not been for over 4 decades. Got it, you resent the military, that is obvious. And those with money, and a lot of other things. Does not mean you can push that onto the rest of us. I ain't buying it.

Boo-hoo.

People also got out of they were ministers, or above a certain age, or had the wrong genitals.

In case you did not notice, there is no draft. has not been for over 4 decades. Got it, you resent the military, that is obvious. And those with money, and a lot of other things. Does not mean you can push that onto the rest of us. I ain't buying it.
You ain't gotta buy shit. The deferment system wasn't fair. Yeah, lots of people took advantage of it.

You ain't gotta buy shit. The deferment system wasn't fair. Yeah, lots of people took advantage of it.

Got it. You are still butthurt because you had to serve almost 55 years ago, but others did not. But you apparently still like the benefits you got from that service.

Here, let me give you a quarter so you can buy a cup of coffee to cry into.

Tell you what, this is a thread for talking about who served. Not crying because they made you serve, but some did not. But hey, feel free to make your own thread if you still want to whine about that half a century later.

Stationed at Futenma which didn't allow ordnance loading on base.

Every day we had ordnance hops we had to travel to Kadena to load and download. The big treat was breakfast at Kadena.

Well, be grateful for that.

I spent over a year on Camp Schwab. And we did not only call it the "armpit of Okinawa" for its location.

568722af819bc9c83167099fd680e021.jpg

24Japan2-superJumbo.jpg

Incredible diving, but everything else about being stationed there sucked the big one.

Well, be grateful for that.

I spent over a year on Camp Schwab. And we did not only call it the "armpit of Okinawa" for its location.

568722af819bc9c83167099fd680e021.jpg

24Japan2-superJumbo.jpg

Incredible diving, but everything else about being stationed there sucked the big one.
You guys are just jealous you weren't on Torii Station. Lol.

After 99 years in, I can see why
That reminds me . . .

I met an Army Chief Master SGT (?) in his class A uniform and he had hash marks that ran from his wrist to damn near his shoulder!
I asked him "How long have you been in the Army?" He looked at me thoughtfully and replied "Hmmm . . . How long HAVE I been in the Army? Let's see . . . Well, I remember I made corporal at the crucifixion . . . "

Back
Top Bottom