• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#48]Himalayan glaciers are melting at ‘exceptional’ rates

So just kill men? I guess that will work. We can start with all the white people and then work our way up the brown scale.
No killing. Work to reduce births.

I think for every black man that gets killed we must even that out by offing 3 whities. Do you think 3 is enough?
Why wait until a black guy gets killed? We need to save these glaciers some way so why wait?

No killing. Work to reduce births.
But if people resist not having offspring we can kill them then, right? I mean, if our goal is to have significantly less people then we need to focus on efficieny at some point or we'll never be able to save the planet...which doesn't belong to us anyway.

“Similarly, glaciers which have significant amounts of natural debris upon their surfaces are also losing mass more quickly: they contributed around 46.5% of total volume loss despite making up only around 7.5% of the total number of glaciers,” they say.

Yep. Physical debris on top of the ice will make it melt much faster.

Artficial polution. Plastics, coal soot, poisonous industrial run off, scortched earth resource collection techniques. The things that actually destroy plants, rather than the thing that causes them to grow...

AGW and associated climate change is way more complex its negatives for the human race (and the rest of the fauna of the world) than just a simplistic claim of the offset of “more plant growth”.

The rapid melt in the Himalayas is indeed related to fossil fuels, namely coal, but it is a regional issue connected to the huge amount of soot produced by dirty burning Chinese coal power plants and industry.

The issue is so bad we have long been able to see it from space.

View attachment 67409549

Now, will the world do anything to curb Chinese polution? No. Would CCP listen? No. Does CCP care? No.
I love this American simplicity...
And are there similar "studies" in relation to the United States? It seems like heavy industry makes almost 30% of your economy... or does everything work on love and tenderness there?)))
You are so funny and not once hypocrites.

AGW and associated climate change is way more complex its negatives for the human race (and the rest of the fauna of the world) than just a simplistic claim of the offset of “more plant growth”.
Right now, CO2 is no mare harmful to us that raising the bath water from 70F to 72F. It's still lower than optimum.

I love this American simplicity...
And are there similar "studies" in relation to the United States? It seems like heavy industry makes almost 30% of your economy... or does everything work on love and tenderness there?)))
You are so funny and not once hypocrites.

The US has largely cleaned up their industrial sector, and the thick smog of large cities like LA and NYC are gone now. While this is still China today:

1661889016172.png

1661889053377.png1661889076754.png

Again, Chinese air polution is so bad that you can see it from space. That isn't the case with US industry for a very long time.

The reason AGW has been such a great proipaganda tool is exactly the opposite of what you say. It is overly simplistic, reducing all climate events and environmental concerns to one single cause: CO2

Actual polution is a very complex issue with millions of causes, and for each cause a million proposed solutions and a million more counter arguments.

In other words, or in your own words, THEY CARE ABOUT THE WATER !! There is no reason to suspect China will simply continue to ignore on-going and worsening ecological disasters in their own country. Conversely, there is every reason to believe that they can, and will, make every effort to mitigate deadly problems within their own borders, because they have a history of doing so.

It is absolutely reasonable to assume they will continue to ignore it since they are where they are now because they have continued ignoring the worsening problem. They took a brief respite in order to have somewhat clean air for the Olympics, but they went right back to it.

Further supporting their need for hydroelectric power.

You realize the argument in that article is entirely self defeating, don't you? Their future claims will never be met at their current coal power growth rate. They'd need to stop increasing coal power, but they can't/won't.

Giving them credit for what they claim their goal is isn't useful when they are working against that goal. It's like crediting someone for their weight loss while they are still gaining weight.

The things you assert about China may be largely true, but they are no more true of China than they are of our own country. We know how our elected officials have pandered to polluters for generations, and until we get the money out of our politics, that sad fact isn't about to change. Our last president dropped out of the Paris Agreement, and actually went so far as to promote the use of "clean coal" - about as laughable an oxymoron as anyone has ever heard. The big difference, as I have pointed out, is that when China wants to do something, there is no political obstruction to bringing every resource to bear on the problem. For example . . . . .

So stop crediting China for its words and start holding China accountable for its deeds. The problem in the Himalayan mountains is largely due to the astronomical levels of air pollution, specifically black soot, from China. Telling the west to buy electric cars to save the Himalayan glaciers, which is largely how the green movement uses cases like the Himalayan glaciers, is abject nonsense given that most of these shiny toys going to the west are manufactured in these pollution intensive industrial sectors of China that are contributing too the glacier melt in the Himalayan mountains.

. . . . . an achievement which is nothing short of unimaginable in this country. And climateologically speaking, China has had a devastating year.

Complete with prison camps and burn pits! Quite the accomplishment!

It's amazing what you can accomplish with slave labor, eh?

The reason AGW has been such a great proipaganda tool is exactly the opposite of what you say. It is overly simplistic, reducing all climate events and environmental concerns to one single cause: CO2

Actual polution is a very complex issue with millions of causes, and for each cause a million proposed solutions and a million more counter arguments.

Paragraph 1: broad generalization (reducing ALL climate events and environmental concerns to one single cause) that is simply not true.
Paragraph 2: AGW is “actual pollution” of the atmosphere by heating it above that which it would be if there were only “natural” caused (not human-produced) CO2. We humans caused it and thus it is our responsibility to try to solve it. Is there any reason why we can’t address multiple environmental problems?

The rapid melt in the Himalayas is indeed related to fossil fuels, namely coal, but it is a regional issue connected to the huge amount of soot produced by dirty burning Chinese coal power plants and industry.

The issue is so bad we have long been able to see it from space.

View attachment 67409549

Now, will the world do anything to curb Chinese polution? No. Would CCP listen? No. Does CCP care? No.
Other than the fact that China is north of the Himalayas and prevailing winds travel west to east your post is spot on. 🤪

It's amazing what you can accomplish with slave labor, eh?
I didn't notice anywhere in your post a reference to the fact that we have failed to do any better. It's hard to take anyone's comments seriously when they blame China, and ignore not only our own failure to address the same problem, but the efforts of the previous administration to go backward! Bitching about China is the most intellectually dishonest, and the worst kind of whataboutism, we can possibly engage in. Unless and until we get our own house in order, it's best to just STFU about China. We have no real power over what they do - only over what we do - and our efforts are nothing short of abysmal.

One thing that China does not suffer from is having a third, or more, of their nation, including their political elite, as AGM deniers. How do you see that working out for the planet in the near term? It doesn't look good to me.

Other than the fact that China is north of the Himalayas and prevailing winds travel west to east your post is spot on. 🤪

:rolleyes: Science denier... again, read the source.

Also the trade winds in China carry over India.

1661893874138.png

I didn't notice anywhere in your post a reference to the fact that we have failed to do any better. It's hard to take anyone's comments seriously when they blame China, and ignore not only our own failure to address the same problem, but the efforts of the previous administration to go backward! Bitching about China is the most intellectually dishonest, and the worst kind of whataboutism, we can possibly engage in. Unless and until we get our own house in order, it's best to just STFU about China. We have no real power over what they do - only over what we do - and our efforts are nothing short of abysmal.

One thing that China does not suffer from is having a third, or more, of their nation, including their political elite, as AGM deniers. How do you see that working out for the planet in the near term? It doesn't look good to me.

We have done far better, not the least evidence is the fact that we can't see American air pollution from space, and no American city is as bad as China.

As long as you want to attempt to gaslight to atrocious pollution in China, you are part of the problem.

I wasn't denying science, I was using it to show you are incorrect in your assessment of China's coal plants being at fault.
View attachment 67409627

Geography denier...:rolleyes:

Do you have a readable map? :rolleyes:

Also, I see you continue not to read the NASA article...

Do you have a readable map? :rolleyes:

Also, I see you continue not to read the NASA article...
The map is what it is, if the directions of the prevailing winds and the general geography is too vague...sorry. You're right, I continue not to read the NASA article. Use a pull quote.

The map is what it is, if the directions of the prevailing winds and the general geography is too vague...sorry. You're right, I continue not to read the NASA article. Use a pull quote.

Again, no. The direction of the winds change seasonally, depending on the position of the Intertropical conveyor. During the summer the conveyor moves closer to the India China border, which reduces the southerly direction, but the win still crosses from China to India. During the winter the intertropical conveyor mores to the Indian ocean and the wind direction is most definitely from China to India.

1661895152621.png

Again, no. The direction of the winds change seasonally, depending on the position of the Intertropical conveyor. During the summer the conveyor moves closer to the India China border, which reduces the southerly direction, but the win still crosses from China to India. During the winter the intertropical conveyor mores to the Indian ocean and the wind direction is most definitely from China to India.

View attachment 67409632
I take your point with one exception. Summer shows no prevailing winds moving from north to south over the Himalayas. Occasional changes does not change the prevailing winds.

We have done far better, not the least evidence is the fact that we can't see American air pollution from space, and no American city is as bad as China.

As long as you want to attempt to gaslight to atrocious pollution in China, you are part of the problem.
?? HUH ?? What pollution am I creating in China? And even more ridiculous, what on earth do you think you are doing about China's pollution? Hmm?

Never mind. I'll answer that one for you. You are doing NOTHING about China's pollution. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Your bitching about China's pollution has no effect on it whatsoever. Period. The only government policies you can impact are our own. Funnier still, you've convinced yourself that just because you can see China's pollution, that fact somehow makes us not responsible for our own pollution, most of which we cannot see. But that's OK. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

"Well .... at least we're not as bad as CHINA!"
(snore ... snore ... snore)

Moderator's Warning:
The topic is not about killing people, white or black. Stick to the topic. Thread bans have been issued.

But if people resist not having offspring we can kill them then, right? I mean, if our goal is to have significantly less people then we need to focus on efficieny at some point or we'll never be able to save the planet...which doesn't belong to us anyway.
If you want to have an intellectual conversation I am glad to do that. But if you are just trying to mess with people's minds, I am not interested in that.

I wonder: Can you please just drop the facetiousness and really talk? If not, no problem. There are plenty of others who are more pleasant to discuss ideas with.

The goal is to more equitably share the wealth of the world with the humans of the world to feed everybody and provide the basics for comfortable life.

Studies show that when people have their basic needs met they have fewer babies. The world's well-off people are not even having enough babies to be a self replacing rate. It has been learned that within a few generations of going from impoverished to having a secure life, people just naturally have fewer children. If we could achieve the stated goal, world populatino would stabilize and actually begin to decline.

I take your point with one exception. Summer shows no prevailing winds moving from north to south over the Himalayas. Occasional changes does not change the prevailing winds.

Winds around the intertropical conveyor are cyclonic. Summer has winds moving north to south through China and then turning east at the Himilayas in that region, but still depositimg soot in the mountains.

Back
Top Bottom