• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:468)[W:205]Three white men convicted of murdering Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

Yes, we just had multiple leftist talking heads telling us of the racist verdict in the Rittenhouse case. It was all set up to let the white people go, because that is the way the system is set up to work. Of course, we knew they were fools already, this just hammers it home.
History has shown that the probability is high that a black man running through the streets during a protest and in possession of an ar-15 would have been killed.

History has shown that the probability is high that a black man running through the streets during a protest and in possession of an ar-15 would have been killed.
Thanks for that random, useless left wing talking point. Do you care to make an intelligent contribution to the conversation instead?

This is literally what BLM is all about.
I am Canadian, we do not have a 2 A as the US does. I am also referring to open carry and such as people at riots with weapons that many in Canada are completely out to lunch
Yet from early in my posting here, I stated, could see from the political climate that things like this would boil over. Not if, just when, and sadly more will come.

I am not saying we up North are Saints in this, far from it. The Kelowna 215 unmarked graves of children at Residential Schools for First Nations, finally brought the majority of Canadians together, people saw that race relations needed a massive reset. So it has started, we will see how it goes

As to the US, honestly ask yourself the question, if the US as a country cannot have a massive divide over wearing masks in a pandemic, will the US address have the ability to address these issues, or will they remain in the culture wars for the next 20 years.

How many people have been freed from Death Row. How many cleared after serving 20, 30 years there. Mistakes are made, and that is unacceptable, 1 reason I am against the DP
Most of those freed from death row are cleared when evidence of innocence is brought forth, and almost always the conviction was due to false identification, and almost always cross racial, we often are not able to identify specific people of other races. If we changed our laws to prohibit the death penalty based on witness identification, and required evidence to be overwhelming, such as DNA, the incidence of innocent people getting the death penalty would be eliminated.

Most of those freed from death row are cleared when evidence of innocence is brought forth, and almost always the conviction was due to false identification, and almost always cross racial, we often are not able to identify specific people of other races. If we changed our laws to prohibit the death penalty based on witness identification, and required evidence to be overwhelming, such as DNA, the incidence of innocent people getting the death penalty would be eliminated.
And from what I have seen, providing evidence after appeals are done, say request for DNA testing of old evidence, with newer testing teck is thrown out. Yet a persons life hangs in the balance

What do DA's / Prosecutors do, fight it all the way

Thanks for that random, useless left wing talking point. Do you care to make an intelligent contribution to the conversation instead?
Right back at ya. Try posting something without derogatory language.

And from what I have seen, providing evidence after appeals are done, say request for DNA testing of old evidence, with newer testing teck is thrown out. Yet a persons life hangs in the balance

What do DA's / Prosecutors do, fight it all the way
Admittedly those already sentenced to death face a difficult road to freedom, and I have no solution for them. My post addresses what I think are steps to prevent future innocent persons from going to death row. There are however some crimes to heinous that the death penalty is warranted, and in those cases we should be
able to take the life of the murderer.

I would argue this case is an example of the failures in our justice system when a victim is black.

Understand that the police let the murderers go free.

The only reason this resulted in an arrest was that an attorney they had given the video to decided to release it to a local radio station. Then the state got involved.

And then give that video to a third party whom you are not actually retaining as an attorney.
They certainly weren't the best and brightest in the community, (I hope ).

Me neither. I used to be against the DP in all cases but now see it’s possible deterrence effect for people who are already serving life without parole and kill someone else.
Another benefit frequently used is to get accused killers to reveal the location of their victims body by taking the death penalty off the table, a great source of closure for the families, and one that would not exist if the accused knew he wasn't getting a death penalty.

Admittedly those already sentenced to death face a difficult road to freedom, and I have no solution for them. My post addresses what I think are steps to prevent future innocent persons from going to death row. There are however some crimes to heinous that the death penalty is warranted, and in those cases we should be
able to take the life of the murderer.
And there we differ - the State should not have the right outside of the police/military to take a life

Hmmm. I wonder....

If the title of this thread was: Three black men convicted of killing *insert name here*

Would that be a racist thread title?

The defense sure leaned heavily on the race card.

"...Whether explicitly or obliquely, attorneys for the accused brought up race several times, both to delegitimize the social-justice movement outside the halls of the trial and to play up the alleged threat that Arbery posed to neighborhood security. Laura Hogue, the defense attorney for Gregory McMichael, described Arbery as a sinister figure who lurked inside “a home drenched in absolute darkness,” with no socks and long, dirty toenails. Arbery was one of several people who were seen, over the course of several months, on surveillance footage entering a partially built home in the neighborhood. The home’s owner gave conflicting accounts about whether anything had been stolen, but the trespassers’ presumably nefarious intent inspired McMichael’s pursuit.

Kevin Gough, the defense attorney for William Bryan Jr., was more blunt. “We don’t want any more Black pastors coming in here or other Jesse Jackson, whoever was in here earlier this week, sitting with the victim’s family trying to influence a jury in this case,” he said to the judge last Thursday, when the jury was out of the courtroom. The next day, after his remarks inspired a protest led by Al Sharpton outside the courthouse, Gough filed a motion for a mistrial, claiming the crowd was a “woke left mob” set on “a public lynching in the 21st century.”

Link

Often, when whites get away with killing blacks, Officer Wilson in the Michael Brown case comes to mind, they are able to successfully portray the victim as a vicious brute. The defense was apparently unable to do that in this case.

No, you POS, it's three men.

Not sure on your context, but....did those three men follow any white people around the neighborhood? Because the only talk about things being stolen was suspicion on the the white couple.

History clearly shows that without protest demanding justice no charges would have been filed against these white men who murdered the black one. After all, the fix was in until the prosecutor got dumped.

Systemic racism is real.

Hmmm. I wonder....

If the title of this thread was: Three black men convicted of killing *insert name here*

Would that be a racist thread title?

White grievance ^

I didn't follow the case. How did the driver kill the other guy? Ran over him? Was speeding? What did the driver do that was illegal?
Just another reason why your posts on the topic have been so vapid.

Remember folks, as long as some people have a DA prosecutor friend to make sure they arent charged, and that their friends in police departments arent investigating a crime, and they have lawyers willing to talk about the dirty feet of the black guy they just killed, there will some stupid on the internet making statements like:

WhAt SySteMic RacIzM? ThE sYsTuM worKz. WhUt aboUt ChiKaGo?

@Argent has made several worthwhile posts in this thread, in stark contrast to the stupidity you bring to this and every other subject.

Remember folks, as long as some people have a DA prosecutor friend to make sure they arent charged, and that their friends in police departments arent investigating a crime, and they have lawyers willing to talk about the dirty feet of the black guy they just killed, there will some stupid on the internet making statements like:

WhAt SySteMic RacIzM? ThE sYsTuM worKz. WhUt aboUt ChiKaGo?

It's pretty amusing to go back and read the threads on here from when this was breaking...

It's pretty amusing to go back and read the threads on here from when this was breaking...

You think some of the SE Cupp and Malcolm X wouldn't have voted for no Democrat types will ever admit they were salivating at the thought of this ending up like Trayvon Martin and Zimmerman? What do you think are the odds that the people who made that comparison also think the confederate flag is about heritage? Lol, remember my guy, someone can be the aggressor, but if you woop their ass, get the upper hand, and they kill you, you're the aggressor.

😃

You think some of the SE Cupp and Malcolm X wouldn't have voted for no Democrat types will ever admit they were salivating at the thought of this ending up like Trayvon Martin and Zimmerman? What do you think are the odds that the people who made that comparison also think the confederate flag is about heritage? Lol, remember my guy, someone can be the aggressor, but if you woop their ass, get the upper hand, and they kill you, you're the aggressor.

😃

They liked the good ole days when good ole boy network worked and you could kill a black man without all this hollerin... That's why they didn't want none of them black preachers in the courtroom riling up all the locals...

And

Go to post #4882 on this thread (a few above this post) and read it. It shows you who the people Rittenhouse shot and the reasons they were there.
People who chased him, one hit him in the head the other pointed a gun at him.

Back
Top Bottom