• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:468)[W:205]Three white men convicted of murdering Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

The only major difference I saw between the cases were the judges. The KR judge was clearly biased toward the defense. In this case, the judge was neutral and did not bias the case with unheard of rules.

The juries were essentially identical, KR murdered two people and injured one.

In any case, it's refreshing to see that even in Georgia three white wanna-bee KKKers can't get away with killing an innocent black man. Because they sure tried to.
You only think that because you have no idea what you are actually talking about.

KR was doing nothing wrong to the people that he shot.
Arbery was doing nothing to anyone and he was murdered.

The fact that you can’t see the difference says a whole lot about you and none of it good.

You may recall that the DA in Zimmerman's case wanted him acquitted. That is why Zimmerman was overcharged with 1st degree premeditated murder. The jury had no choice but to acquit Zimmerman of a crime he did not commit.
Zimmerman was acquitted because the prosecution sucked

Rittenhouse was guilty of many things, just not technically guilty of what the prosecution charged him with. He certainly was not innocent of being a "trouble seeker" armed with a gun, which is what the prosecution should have charged him with. They aimed high and missed the smaller target. Rittenhouse is a "a bad and disturbed young man" and one that may end up doing more bad things now that he was able to escape the consequences of his actions.
Can you site the law that makes trouble seeking illegal. And do you also feel that everyone who shows up at an antifa event should be arrested. After all going out and looking for trouble is pretty much all that group does.

And FYI open carry is legal in Wisconsin so there is that.

It's funny that all these folks who saw a Nothingburger on 1/6, are now big fans of the law.
Funny how I don’t think 1/6 was a nothingbutger and would have been fine with a lot more of those clowns getting shot by the capital police.

But I get your desperate need to try and play whatabout.

Funny how often people who really don’t know anything about the case think that.

If a kid is looking for trouble with a gun in hand - which he obviously was - self-defense is a bad argument. All he needed to do to save his life was stay home.

Can you site the law that makes trouble seeking illegal. And do you also feel that everyone who shows up at an antifa event should be arrested. After all going out and looking for trouble is pretty much all that group does.

And FYI open carry is legal in Wisconsin so there is that.
I never have stated (and you should know that from all the comments of yours I have responded to) that "legally" Rittenhouse did not get a fair trial. I have stated that the prosecution did not do a good job, starting with what they did charge him with. Nonetheless, my posts have not been about the legal side of things, they have been about the right and wrong side of things when it comes to life. We all suffer consequences in our lives when we do something wrong. In the case of Rittenhouse, he is likely to "benefit" from the wrong things he did. I criticized Trump for the same thing and I will criticize Rittenhouse the same.

He is no hero...................the same as Trump was and is no hero. I personally think we should all be accountable for our actions and when it is the opposite, I think it is wrong.

Rittenhouse is now a hero to many. Look at how you have defended him.

What does that say about you?

It's funny that all these folks who saw a Nothingburger on 1/6, are now big fans of the law.
yeah, boy. Those guys with weapons disguised as flags and keys would have taken over the government were it not for the bravery of Pelosi and AOC, hui?

You make my point for me. Leftist have a double standard for justice while conservatives are consistent and uniform.
Isn't the double standard on the conservative side? They condemn the McMichaels, but celebrate Rittenhouse.

Remember folks, as long as some people have a DA prosecutor friend to make sure they arent charged, and that their friends in police departments arent investigating a crime, and they have lawyers willing to talk about the dirty feet of the black guy they just killed, there will some stupid on the internet making statements like:

WhAt SySteMic RacIzM? ThE sYsTuM worKz. WhUt aboUt ChiKaGo?
Word

Isn't the double standard on the conservative side? They condemn the McMichaels, but celebrate Rittenhouse.
Rittenhouse did nothing wrong except not allowing himself to be killed and lobbies are ballistic because he was supposed to allow BLM to do what they wanted to. Looting and burning wasn’t quite enough.

Rittenhouse did nothing wrong except not allowing himself to be killed and lobbies are ballistic because he was supposed to allow BLM to do what they wanted to. Looting and burning wasn’t quite enough.
Rittenhouse did nothing wrong?

He inserted himself into a fight that had not been brought to him. He became a vigilante and did so in an area that was not of any particular concern to him or his family.

So you think being a vigilante is right? Perhaps you want someone from China or Mexico to come and get involved simply because they want to be a vigilante themselves?

Rittenhouse did nothing wrong?

He inserted himself into a fight that had not been brought to him. He became a vigilante and did so in an area that was not of any particular concern to him or his family.

So you think being a vigilante is right? Perhaps you want someone from China or Mexico to come and get involved simply because they want to be a vigilante themselves?
When the police refuse to protect private property I am in favor of BLACK and white people protecting that property.

As usual, the left conflates their distaste for anyone having a gun with him defending himself. He did NOT go there to kill people. Also, this isn't a racial thing. All the people were white. Except for the black thug who attacked and drop kicked him senseless. But you don't want to mention that, do you?

I'll accept that as being you don't know and agree that an idiot like Biden and Harris saying "We have more work to do" is just stoopid word salad because they imagine they and they alone can stop hatred by the left and the right. I can't stand empty platitudes.

We, as a country do have more work to do. The fact that this crime was damn near covered up should have never happened. Arbery laid there in the street taking his last breaths with absolutely no one tending to him. They let him lay there like some animal that had been shot, rather than a human being. Meanwhile his killers were treated with kid gloves and eventually sent home to enjoy their lives for another two months, before finally be arrested. Maybe you find that acceptable, but I think a large portion of people find it appalling. And it shows we still have segments of the population who think if a black man is running, he's clearly guilty of something and should be captured like a rat in a trap.

The courts ruled correctly in both cases. That's what I'm celebrating.

Reactions: lwf
We, as a country do have more work to do. The fact that this crime was damn near covered up should have never happened. Arbery laid there in the street taking his last breaths with absolutely no one tending to him. They let him lay there like some animal that had been shot, rather than a human being. Meanwhile his killers were treated with kid gloves and eventually sent home to enjoy their lives for another two months, before finally be arrested. Maybe you find that acceptable, but I think a large portion of people find it appalling. And it shows we still have segments of the population who think if a black man is running, he's clearly guilty of something and should be captured like a rat in a trap.
They were found guilty weren’t they? What more can Biden/Harris do?

I do not know why I have to keep on repeating myself. I don't "disagree" with the decision taken by the jury. He felt threatened and he responded.

Nonetheless, he would not have had to make that response if he hadn't gone there in the first place. He did not have to go. It was a decision he made. In addition, he decided to take an AR-15 with him (a weapon that is considered extra lethal and extra scary as it has been used in many mass killings) and that gun caused people to "react"even more strongly than othewise would have happened.. Last but not least, only one of the three people actually had a gun.

I think he needs to pay "something" for the wrong decisions he made. Usually people suffer some consequence for their wrong decisions. Rittenhouse is paying NOTHING for his wrong decision.

Well better than half the country knows he's a giant dick now, and otherwise he would have been anonymous. Yes it might finally get him laid, but he'll have to wear this shit for the rest of his life, even as a free man. Rather like OJ, everyone you meet is gonna "know" you did it.

The sad thing is in cases like this there's a human factor - whether you can get a jury on your side. It was easier to do with a sympathetic judge and a bumbling prosecutor in Wisconsin; in Georgia they weren't having any of it.

Perhaps Georgia has seen too much of this in the past. The McMichaels will be known as giant dicks and they'll serve a sentence for it.

The courts ruled correctly in both cases. That's what I'm celebrating.
An oddly optimistic appraisal of both cases at best. Rittenhouse got away with acting like an idiot and as a result of his actions putting himself in a situation where he was forced to kill several people in self-defense, and the McMichaels got away with chasing down and murdering an innocent unarmed man for 74 days before anyone bothered to arrest and charge them. A correct verdict in both doesn't change these extremely disturbing facts.

They were found guilty weren’t they? What more can Biden/Harris do?

They can certainly speak out to the fact it took over TWO months for the assholes to even be arrested. Just imagine what the Arbery family was going through while those clowns just walked around free as could be? Not having that happen again is the work that needs to be done. By all of us.

If a kid is looking for trouble with a gun in hand - which he obviously was - self-defense is a bad argument. All he needed to do to save his life was stay home.
You have no evidence he was looking for trouble. And definitely was looking got trouble a lot less then the rioters who attacked him.

And if you are not breaking the law and people attack you then you are allowed to defend yourself.

Sorry that hurts your feelings.

Back
Top Bottom