• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:435]*******Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

What happened is the false narrative was blown up by the truth. This exposed the leftwing press and media, along with the Democratic Party, again as viciously and deliberately untruthful, exposed their support of bullying and harassing peaceful people minding their own business including school kids on a field school field trip, and the extent of their pro-active hatred of Catholics and Christians.

Maybe in your shrinking Trumpian world giving the "Tomahawk chop" to a Native American is acceptable behavior, but not for the majority of Americans.

Native American elder Nathan Phillips, in his own words

Because....they didn’t?

Unless you mean the right wingnut websites that claim that the high schoolers were the victims and the kid was ‘silently praying’ as the NA drummer got in front of him.

I watched the full 4 videos, the media lied.

I watched also. The kids acted like spoiled MAGA puds.

Directing "tomahawk" chops at a Native doing a chant didn't exactly reflect well, either.

But we can't talk about that, see, because the media reported that the one kid specifically walked to block him, when in fact he was walking back and forth before the group surrounded him. And...yes....there were black Israelites. So if we want to talk about something else, it has to be about black Israelites.

As everyone knows (and as Renae knows so dearly), if anyone in the vicinity of a situation in which a MAGA pud does something wrong also themselves do wrong, the MAGA pud is actually on base and cannot be criticized.

Clearly, the Catholic school has been secretly compromised by Obama liberal infiltrators, who tricked them into condemning the bad, and for some racist, actions of the snot-nosed MAGA brats.

Directing "tomahawk" chops at a Native doing a chant didn't exactly reflect well, either.

But we can't talk about that, see, because the media reported that the one kid specifically walked to block him, when in fact he was walking back and forth before the group surrounded him. And...yes....there were black Israelites. So if we want to talk about something else, it has to be about black Israelites.

As everyone knows (and as Renae knows so dearly), if anyone in the vicinity of a situation in which a MAGA pud does something wrong also themselves do wrong, the MAGA pud is actually on base and cannot be criticized.

Clearly, the Catholic school has been secretly compromised by Obama liberal infiltrators, who tricked them into condemning the bad, and for some racist, actions of the snot-nosed MAGA brats.

As if the crappy behavior of the black Israelites excuses the crappy behavior of the MAGA misfits.

Maybe in your shrinking Trumpian world giving the "Tomahawk chop" to a Native American is acceptable behavior, but not for the majority of Americans.

Native American elder Nathan Phillips, in his own words
It's no different than squinting your eyes in front of an Asian American, gesturing to your nose in front of a Jewish American, or puffing your lips out in front of an African American.

It's disgusting racism, pure and simple, and no who approached who changes that.

It's no different than squinting your eyes in front of an Asian American, gesturing to your nose in front of a Jewish American, or puffing your lips out in front of an African American.

It's disgusting racism, pure and simple, and no who approached who changes that.

I don't know if it's racism, but by every definition it's bigotry and ignorance.

The people who are acting like those kids did nothing wrong are being dishonest. Lots of people did wrong in this story. I've seen some clips of the black Israelites and how horrific their behavior was.

But to pretend the kids were being little choir boys is a lie. They weren't. They were acting like others who put on MAGA hats. Vulgar obnoxious little hate mongers.

The kids did nothing to this guy. He's simply been shown to be a liar. He had no need to approach them at all.

Re: Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

I just saw your message and had already posted the two afterwards, which I was not looking at this thread other than had quote reply box open as I was working on, writing my messages on word pad and searching out past messages. While I was careful to try not to post messages that violate the rules and don't think in did, in light of your message I would not have posted them and would delete the two following messages if I could. I intensely oppose physical violence against children in the most real ways and do not see all the messages, not just by Azgreg, calling for violence against that teen as trivial. I'm surprised they are even allowed to be candid.

If you think my messages should be deleted, do so.

Moderator's Warning:
Do not quote and reply to mod boxes. If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod or use the Contact Us button.

Re: Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

LMAO sweet irony
hey look a failed and retarded strawman that has ZERO facts in it that impact what i said and my stance. Sorry as usual your dishonest reframing completely fails . .

NOTHING you posted matters to my stance and what I said and actually everything you said is irrelevant to my stance and what i said. Why quote me if you are just going to make stuff up?
the video shows the kids chanting and mocking which is what i commented on. The article says the school condemn their behavior which i support and also commented on . . any other meaningless strawmen you want to discuss as usual dont matter and just fails.
so here we are in the same spot . . if you disagree with that by all means PLEASE share what factual reality you speak of that should change my stance and anything i actually said id love to read it . .thanks!
Dishonest and wrong as usual, all the while failing to refute what was pointed out.

And the school responding immediately to the false allegations being published means not a lick to the information I posted, because it showed what was being published was not entirely accurate. You are unable to see that because of your own arrogance and bias.
The fact that I already pointed out to you the NA's approaching the kids and then the NA man approaching the individual male and getting in his face shows that the kid is not responsible. Again it is your arrogance and bias that fails you here.

Thank G_d the press are now clarifying what they previously got wrong.

US school apologises for students mocking elderly Native American

Kudos to you and beware Trumper disinformation!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxUSRXxU8AA9nb-.jpg[img][/QUOTE]Yes, kudos to the school for investigating.
Now we can only hope that they review the same information that has been revealed to us here and dismiss the liberal/leftist bs, and place the blame on the NA's were it belongs.

Which should be made a lot easier now with the press correcting the previous reports.

[HR][/HR]

[QUOTE="calamity, post: 1069570319, member: 20620"]The kid in the Maggot hat is a piece of ****. I guess it takes not being a piece of **** to see it.[/QUOTE]Liberal/leftist logic - because the NA got in the kids face and he did nothing inappropriate in response, the kid is a piece of ****. Figures.

[HR][/HR]

[QUOTE="sangha, post: 1069570134, member: 14967"]Lets, for the sake of argument, assume that the Native Americans did approach the kids [...][/QUOTE]No need to assume. They did factually approach the kids.

[QUOTE="sangha, post: 1069570134, member: 14967"]Lets, for the sake of argument, assume that the Native Americans did approach the kids and sought to pass through them.[/QUOTE]The NA's were not trying to pass through. The male mingled in different directions before selecting his target and stopping in from of him.

[QUOTE="sangha, post: 1069570134, member: 14967"]What would you do when you are in a crowd and someone wants to pass through?

I do not know about you, but I know what I would do - I move aside and let them pass.

I know what I do not do - stand in their way and stare at them and smirk[/QUOTE]While that may be what you would do under such a situation, that situation did not exist here.

Catholic school kids, big surprise.
There for an anti-women's right to choose march....equally surprising. WWJD?
Many wearing MAGA hats, icing on the cake.

Only thing more disgusting is all the supposed adults who support this kind of nonsense.

I haven't looked at this topic closely, but from what I've gathered, it turned out that the Native confronted them, not the other way around

I haven't looked at this topic closely, but from what I've gathered, it turned out that the Native confronted them, not the other way around

Yeah, that's quite dated. You're probably catching up on the thread, saw early posts , and based on information now wanted to jump in. I do that too sometimes.

I think this is largely irrelevant to national politics personally, I made very few posts on this topic since it's a non-issue to me (maybe just that one?) but I'll comment since you replied, based on what people learned after that video was posted.

My recollection is that it there was a large group of apparently male catholic middle school kids there for anti-abortion protesting wearing MAGA hats.
They were killing time waiting for their ride.

There was a group of black Islamist adults talking antagonistically towards them, likely due to MAGA hats, as this is a place to protest, it's apparently not uncommon to have various groups there like this.
The middle school boys appeared to be acting like middle school boys, enjoy their outing, heckling back some, and did what looked to be some sort of school spirit type chant, headed up by the kid who took off his shirt. It was getting loud and animated, but not really rowdy.

The Native American group coming that way, lead by Nathan, walked into that group of teens, doing their drum/chants. The kids appeared to randomly sort of spread out at this point, around the Native Americans, but it looked like they were just milling about after their "fight song" chant. Nathan banged his drum for a while, some kids heckled or were just having fun, sort of the same thing in a way... joined in a bit, but otherwise looked to be doing what most mobs of teen boys would do. Nathan turned and walked a bit and stopped in front of Nicholas. Nicholas didn't move, Nathan didn't move, and they had benign a pissing contest of sorts.

To some there and videoing it, if they caught it at this point, it certainly may have looked like MAGA-hat teens were bullying Nathan, Nathan was surrounded and they were laughing and the kid appeared to be smirking in his face.
Once a lot of videos from different angles and prior to that stand-off, one from the black Islamist's there, etc. it became clear that Nathan walked into that crowd, and walked up to Nicholas, and Nathan being the adult in the confrontation, should have done better. They key here IMO was that these were teens, and it was adults provoking them, that's just unfortunate.

You could be the a world renowned surgeon and if you behaved like Nathan in front of a middle school group of teen boys, you could expect to be treated similarly, heckled and such, no matter your race or affiliation. Overall they didn't really get out of hand as far as I could see, and were maybe above average in politeness (a school outing after all)

Nathan could have, after seeing the tension he caused, just stopped and introduced himself to Nicholas, offer to shake hands, maybe pass him his drum and see if some of them would show him their fight chant from earlier.
Then gotten his drum, and went on his merry way, setting a good example, and likely getting a good example in return. Nathan missed an opportunity, hopefully he's learned his lesson.

The media will always report on hot/trending things, videos will continue to go viral for good and bad reasons. And when people get things wrong, they should be corrected, and accept correction. Such is the case here.

Back
Top Bottom