• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:435]*******Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

Re: Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

1.) seen them and many more
2.) they factually dont change my stance because theres no logical reason for them to and nothing factually in them that matters to my stance/statements
3.) i dont lean left
4.) i factually dont dismiss them or ignore that at all theres simple nothing in them that impacts my stance and the statements i made. Like i said Im glad the school condemn these punks and i hope more school and parent punishment follows

if you disagree with that by all means PLEASE share what factual reality you speak of that should change my stance and anything i actually said id love to read it . .

As usual you provide nothing of substance in reply.
It is sad that you can see in the video that it was the NA group that approached the kids group and are thus the ones who initiated the contact, yet still want to place blame on the kids because they responded to it. Whether you like the kids response or not, and whether their response was actually meant to mock or not, is irrelevant to the point that the NA group instigated the contact, and, that the NA male getting into the kids face shows further antagonism and makes him the blame for that, not the kid. What is even more telling about that specific is that the kid was smiling in a friendly manner when the NA male approached. That smiled changed when it became apparent to him the NA male wasn't being friendly.
So even if you are correct that the kids were mocking, you could lay blame with the kids for that, but it was a response, and the NA group holds more of the blame for the contact between the two.

Re: Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

Native American Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out After MAGA Hat-Wearing Teens Harass Him

0.jpg

Little Trumpers hating on a brown-skinned US military veteran. Disgusting.

A little late to the conversation here, but if this was my kid(s) they wouldn't see the outside world, except to go to school, for a long time. It would be pretty boring inside their rooms as well.

Yes, the bolded is true. At best, they may have been mocking. That is my hope. These things always appear worse when there's a MAGA hat involved, whatever is really going-on.

True. Without the hat, this incident probably would not have been given the coverage it has.

IMO the proper way to address this is a short time out for this boy and any others identified. Then some nice required after school activities that teaches them about not only the native americans they were mocking, but also about vets.

Ironically the mother of mr smirky is making claims her son and the other students were the victims of black muslims calling them names.

The mother is just as ignorant as the son. Not surprising the kid acted that way being brought up by someone who obviously has no comprehension of personal responsibility in how one conducts themselves.

Yes, the bolded is true. At best, they may have been mocking. That is my hope. These things always appear worse when there's a MAGA hat involved, whatever is really going-on.

I do know this.. that kid was so stupid that he was yelling 'Build the wall' at a native American.

As usual you provide nothing of substance in reply.
It is sad that you can see in the video that it was the NA group that approached the kids group and are thus the ones who initiated the contact, yet still want to place blame on the kids because they responded to it. Whether you like the kids response or not, and whether their response was actually meant to mock or not, is irrelevant to the point that the NA group instigated the contact, and, that the NA male getting into the kids face shows further antagonism and makes him the blame for that, not the kid. What is even more telling about that specific is that the kid was smiling in a friendly manner when the NA male approached. That smiled changed when it became apparent to him the NA male wasn't being friendly.
So even if you are correct that the kids were mocking, you could lay blame with the kids for that, but it was a response, and the NA group holds more of the blame for the contact between the two.
LMAO sweet irony
hey look a failed and retarded strawman that has ZERO facts in it that impact what i said and my stance. Sorry as usual your dishonest reframing completely fails . .

NOTHING you posted matters to my stance and what I said and actually everything you said is irrelevant to my stance and what i said. Why quote me if you are just going to make stuff up?
the video shows the kids chanting and mocking which is what i commented on. The article says the school condemn their behavior which i support and also commented on . . any other meaningless strawmen you want to discuss as usual dont matter and just fails.
so here we are in the same spot . . if you disagree with that by all means PLEASE share what factual reality you speak of that should change my stance and anything i actually said id love to read it . .thanks!

All your doing is lying to yourself. Everyone can see what kids are doing except for you.

Translation: you got caught lying your claims were exposed and you got NOTHING else LMAO . . thats what I thought. thanks for playing!
Let me know when you have something factual, honest, integrity based and relevant that matters to what i actually said.

Exactly. The drum beater and those behind him walked directly into the group of kids which some were wearing MAGA hats on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Anyone viewing the videos posted which there are several on Twitter, it shows the kids even moved aside to allow a path for the Indian drum man and his posse to get through but that wasn't good enough. The drum man stood inches from the kid chanting and pounding his drum when there was ample room for him to walk around him. I thought the young kid handled it quite well. He didn't get physical pushing the man out of his face. He didn't retaliate in any way but instead he just stood there and for that he is accused of all sorts of things.

That does change the narrative a bit. I was not aware of the sequence of events. IF that is how it happened (I have to look) then I would support the kid in this case.

Translation: you got caught lying your claims were exposed and you got NOTHING else LMAO . . thats what I thought. thanks for playing!
Let me know when you have something factual, honest, integrity based and relevant that matters to what i actually said.

Im not responding anymore. You are to blinded by hate to see clearly and I'll let others judge your posts.

That does change the narrative a bit. I was not aware of the sequence of events. IF that is how it happened (I have to look) then I would support the kid in this case.
Who held the permit?

Here are two videos.
The first shows the indigenous group entering the area where the kids are.
The second shows the indigenous male moving to and then getting in the kids face.
Whether or not this information changes anything for you remains to be seen. But if you are like the others who lean left here, you will likely dismiss and/or ignore the reality of what they show.

After seeing those videos, I have to change my stance. The kid did nothing wrong.

I think the kid should have gotten out of the way regardless, but I dont blame a group of teen boys for mocking this guy. All the sanctimonious liberals on this thread denouncing these kids would have behaved in exactly the same manner had they been 15 and part of that group. A white guy dressed in lederhosen marching toward the Lincoln Memorial singing German beer hall tunes would have gotten the exact same response. It isnt racism its about kids being disrespectful. But is also about some numb skull believing that chanting and banging a drum is going to somehow advance his cause-whatever that is.

True. Without the hat, this incident probably would not have been given the coverage it has.

Had the kids worn black lives matter shirts the Indian would have been arrested

I think the kid should have gotten out of the way regardless, but I dont blame a group of teen boys for mocking this guy. All the sanctimonious liberals on this thread denouncing these kids would have behaved in exactly the same manner had they been 15 and part of that group. A white guy dressed in lederhosen marching toward the Lincoln Memorial singing German beer hall tunes would have gotten exact same response. It isnt racism its about kids being disrespectful. But is also about some numb skull believing that chanting and banging a drum is going to somehow advance his cause-whatever that is.

Personally, I don't agree with anyone mocking anyone. Especially if it's young people doing the mocking. You have the right to disagree with people, and I guess you do have the right to mock someone, but it's disrespectful regardless of that right.

I actually agree with what that one kid did. He could of done a number of things that would be wrong, imo.

The old guy getting in his face like that and just continuing to act like everyone should just move out of his way, is disrespectful as well. While I've always taught my daughter to respect and be respectful of other people, I've also taught her not to be taken advantage of or pushed around by anyone. Doesn't matter if they would be elderly, a veteran, an authority. And I would always have her back.

If he was my kid, and based on what those videos show, I would have been proud of his restraint.

I ask one more time. Who held the permit? If no one did, then everyone there needs jail time.

No, it was the man with the drum who was looking for the confrontation. It was he who went up to the boy, not the other way around. The boy stood his ground in the face of gross provocation; good for him.

And what is all this 'veteran' thing? Im'a 'veteran' of 14 years in the Royal Navy but I do not think that gives me some sort of license to behave aggressively.

Horse twaddle.

Funny, I don't remember ever going to DC for a march and then barging into another one and acting like a dick when I was a teen age kid.
You must enjoy exposing yourself as an uniformed liberal hack. The kids didnt 'barge into another march' they were standing there and a dick with a drum confronted them. He did what you liberals are trained to do, get in the faces of of people and have a camera ready to video their reactions to a confrontation you start.

It depends on the level of asshole those particular "black students" were willing to display. What the **** kind of rationalization is that?
The accusation was that these kids behaved this way because they are racists. My point was that had this guy approached a group of black teens in a similar fashion, would the reaction have been any different? And I use blacks because as you liberals love to remind us, blacks cant be racist. Now, sit back, have a cup of coffee and try to cobble together an intelligent reply.

Horse twaddle.

If you would bother to educate yourself on how this went down, you wouldnt say that.

I think the kid should have gotten out of the way regardless, but I dont blame a group of teen boys for mocking this guy. All the sanctimonious liberals on this thread denouncing these kids would have behaved in exactly the same manner had they been 15 and part of that group. A white guy dressed in lederhosen marching toward the Lincoln Memorial singing German beer hall tunes would have gotten the exact same response. It isnt racism its about kids being disrespectful. But is also about some numb skull believing that chanting and banging a drum is going to somehow advance his cause-whatever that is.

Now we are at the ‘maybe it did happen, but it’s not a crime’.

You know if that "old fart" did that to me, I think I would have taken my purse and knocked that dang drum out of his hand and while he was bent over picking it up I might be tempted to do something else. And yes the kid deserves a medal of some kind.

Spoken like a true christianist.

I have to admit, this does disturb me. That a Christian school felt the need to apologize for this behavior is abhorrent. They should have watched all the info and given a response fitting to the situation, which is "We forgive the man with the drum trying to intimidate our student. We are above falling into this trap."

The fact that you think the pictures above fit together is also pretty disturbing to me.

Back
Top Bottom