• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:43] Recall New York governor Cuomo?

Should Andrew Cuomo get recalled for his pathetic covid response and his lies about the death count?

• I am from New York state, and hell yeah, recall his lying behind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, he should not be recalled

• Cuomo? Isn't that the guy from CNN? Who cares about a television talking head.

• Total voters

Peter King

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The story keeps getting worse and worse, besides the now known reality that New York dealt with the pandemic very poorly (or relatively poorly) it is now known that the number of deaths in nursing homes was seriously under reported by as much as 50%.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/andrew-cuomo-nursing-homes-covid-19/index.html

This is utterly disgraceful and as a leader of such a lying administration the governor has to take his responsibility and step down. However, if he is shown not to have a backbone or a moral fiber in his body, the people of NY state should do the only responsible thing to do and remove his ass from power with a recall.

I say the sheep deserve what they got. If we start removing leaders for lying we will not have any leaders. The only leaders who get in trouble for lying are those that buck the rich and powerful who own our government and use the media to lead the sheep..

The story keeps getting worse and worse, besides the now known reality that New York dealt with the pandemic very poorly (or relatively poorly) it is now known that the number of deaths in nursing homes was seriously under reported by as much as 50%.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/andrew-cuomo-nursing-homes-covid-19/index.html

This is utterly disgraceful and as a leader of such a lying administration the governor has to take his responsibility and step down. However, if he is shown not to have a backbone or a moral fiber in his body, the people of NY state should do the only responsible thing to do and remove his ass from power with a recall.
It was known last March that Cuomo was trying to kill old people in nursing homes. Not sure why this is a big story now.

I say the sheep deserve what they got. If we start removing leaders for lying we will not have any leaders. The only leaders who get in trouble for lying are those that buck the rich and powerful who own our government and use the media to lead the sheep..

In my country, if the lie or the wrong doing is large enough the government will resign of their own accord. Like we have now, an investigation into the governments disastrous actions in which thousands of citizens were brought into huge problems because of the Dutch IRS misdoings with regard to being officially labeled as tax defrauders showed the pathetic performance of our government in this case, the prime minister took his responsibility and has resigned.

Now he can be re-elected but that is the choice of the voters, for now the government has fallen and will remain this way until the elections in a few weeks, but this is not the first time that a government has fallen for failing their duty. And it is not uncommon (also not a regular event) that a leader of a government department steps down due to failings in his/her department (even if this happened prior to them becoming leaders of that department). It is called ministerial responsibility.

The leader of the political party I supported was once vice prime minister in the government in power at the time where the IRS made their mistakes, so he has resigned his role as party leader.

Taking responsibility matters often IMO.

Trump supporters belong in prison or kicked out of the US along with Trump.

It is attitudes like this, that one must rally around the flag and support the leader because the other side is pure evil and is coming to devour our children and kill grandma, that allow men like Donald Trump and Andrew Cuomo hold onto power and get away with murder,

So much for the President Coumo thingy that caught fire in the summer.

A suprising number of people have been knocked off their pedestals over the last few years under the radioactive fallout cloud of Donald Trump, I must say.

In hindsight his government was hiding stuff like it was going out of business. He needs to be dunzo.

I voted other. I'm not from New York, so I really don't care much one way or the other.

The poll shouldn't just be for NY State voters.

Especially when the Democrat machine had him on national television trying to influence the national politics of Covid for weeks on end.

He was propped up as the Covid savior while the media was ridiculing anything not in line with Cuomo's policy's.

Am amazed if anti Semite Andrew Cuomo can still walk the streets unguarded .

It is nothing short of remarkable that extremists within the Jewish community have not found a permanent solution to this problem person .

His amazing good fortune or their admirable self control .Both perhaps .

Let alone anybody over 70 who is still alive and resides in a nursing home and believes in an eye for an eye .Or , many thousands of them , to be more accurate .

It is nothing short of remarkable that extremists within the Jewish community have not found a permanent solution to this problem person .

Let alone anybody over 70 who is still alive and resides in a nursing home and believes in an eye for an eye .Or , many thousands of them , to be more accurate .

Your mask is slipping....

I prefer polls to ask less slanted questions.

Example :

Yours: recall his lying behind, people like that should either resign or be kicked out at a recall

Mine: Recall him based on poor performance on COVID,

That being said I think recall should be attempted and I voted that way.

The story keeps getting worse and worse,
-snip-
it is now known that the number of deaths in nursing homes was seriously under reported by as much as 50%.

This is utterly disgraceful and as a leader of such a lying administration the governor has to take his responsibility and step down.
-snip-
the only responsible thing remove his ass from power with a recall.

Trump took no responsibility and chose the most corrupt, criminal campaign and administrative "actors" in U.S. history.
NY politics are a cesspool, Trump and his father injected the money to help keep it that way.
Those supporting Trump are attacking Cuomo, who is corrupt, but not anywhere near to the degree he is accused,..

A new broom sweeps clean. No more corporate stooges, please!

Progressives reject "just another" former prosecutor and servant to wealthy private practice clients as suitable Biden judicial nominee...

Biden Pulled Left in Quest for Judges Outside Corporate Law (1)
https://news.bloomberglaw.com › us-law-week › biden-...

1 day ago 02/12/21 — ... Her accomplishments include being named as the Hispanic National Bar ...
...The Democrat’s judicial push follows four years in which President Donald Trump appointed 234 federal judges, including three Supreme Court justices. ... Now a partner in Denver with the international law firm WilmerHale, Rodriguez worked for seven years as an assistant U.S. attorney, including three as head of the office’s civil division. ...

A study last year by the liberal C.A.P. found that only 1% of federal appeals court judges had spent most of their careers as public defenders or legal-aid lawyers, and none had worked ..for a nonprofit civil rights group. More than 70% had spent most of their careers in private practice or as federal prosecutors,.."

Jan 25, 2021
"... Silver was convicted again after the Supreme Court stiffened the threshold for proving corruption with a 2016 ruling .. Per its custom, the Supreme Court gave no comment in rejecting Silver’s latest appeal Monday. Justices Gorsuch and Thomas did note, however, that they would have granted certiorari to consider whether extortion and bribery are conflated in Hobbs Act cases where the defendant is a public official.

..said even Justice Breyer has questioned the judgment of the 1992 case..which ruled demands of public officials were not elements of extortion. Breyer did not issue any comment Monday..."

Sheldon Silver (born 1944) is a former Democratic Party politician, former Speaker of the NY State Assembly, former attorney, and convicted felon from NY City..the Speaker of the Assembly; he held that position for two decades. ..known as one of the most powerful politicians in the state....
Criminal proceedings[edit]
..2015, Silver was re-elected Speaker of the New York State Assembly for the 11th time, with almost unanimous support from the Democratic majority despite an ongoing federal probe into his outside income.

.. The federal inquiry, which followed the state's abrupt disbandment of its Moreland Commission to Investigate Public Corruption, focused on large payments that Silver received for years from Goldberg & Iryami, a law firm that specialized in seeking reductions of New York City real estate taxes for real estate developers. Silver was alleged to have persuaded developers who had business with the state to use the firm, which in turn generated $700,000 in referral fees to Silver. ...Similar charges were also filed involving millions of dollars in referral fees that Silver received from the law firm Weitz & Luxenberg....."

It is, like Calif., TX, FL, as corrupt as any large state with actors of and representing great wealth.

Monica33, have you resided in NY?

"..Silver.. sentenced to 12 years .. (.. just since 2000, 23 members of the NY state Senate and Assembly have been arrested and/or sentenced to prison..) .."

Cuomo is no more, "anti Semite" than is necessary, appearance wise, to balance all of the powerful interests..

This "village" votes in a block and operates in an "all cash" economy. Its inhabitants cannot be audited, the Feds have no leverage..

..2008 census, the village has the highest poverty rate in the nation. More than two-thirds of the residents live below the federal poverty line, and 40% receive food stamps. It is also the place in the U.S. with the highest % of people who reported Hungarian ancestry, as 18.9% of the population reported Hungarian descent in 2000.

..On July 1, 2018, Gov. Cuomo signed a bill to create Palm Tree, triggering elections for the first governing board.,.."

No one in this village has IRS reportable ..1099 or earned income. Do you find that a bit unusual, Monica33?

Another example :

The Poorest Parts of Brooklyn Are...In Williamsburg ...
"In fact, ..part of Williamsburg has poverty rates that climb up to as high as 67.5% of the pop., ..higher than anywhere in notoriously poor neighborhoods like Brownsville or East New York. ...9 Jan 2014"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...0New%20York.&usg=AOvVaw2VjPaHaAyrBT8xtnWNbrxh
"..I grew up in a satellite community of this sect called Kiryas Joel, and the NY Times tried to delve into this question.. In “A Village with the Numbers, Not the Image of the Poorest Place” the Times writes:

“The poorest place in the U.S. is not a dusty Texas border town, a hollow in Appalachia, a remote Indian reservation or a blighted urban neighborhood. It has no slums or homeless people. No one who lives there is shabbily dressed or has to go hungry. Crime is virtually nonexistent.”

Thus the paradox: on paper..very poor. But .. it does not give a holistic picture of a situation.
2. A factor that decreases poverty: There is a lot more “spreading the wealth” in this community than elsewhere. ..– see the article about $2.5 billion dollars in Brooklyn Real Estate that is owned by Hasidic Williamsburg individuals. These are men who strike it rich and ..spend and hire within the community. ..."

Imagine being a politician in NY having to navigate the deceit of Trump, thousands of other identical wealthy, influential scammers,
.. and still maintain a functioning government providing essential services.

It was known last March that Cuomo was trying to kill old people in nursing homes. Not sure why this is a big story now.
In my state PA the lying left ran adds blaming Trump for the deaths in the nursing homes. Even though it was the local left sending infected patients back to our overcrowded conditions that already existed. I have been to these nursing homes and seen how they are 2, 3 or more to a room with nothing but a curtain between beds. Social distancing and isolation is a joke. I cannot believe after killing our most vulnerable they had the nerve to blame Trump who had nothing to do with the deplorable conditions these poor people are living in. I guess sending infected patients back to the nursing homes is one way to alleviate the overcrowding. This sounds like something out 1945 Germany.

I prefer polls to ask less slanted questions.

Example :

Yours: recall his lying behind, people like that should either resign or be kicked out at a recall

Mine: Recall him based on poor performance on COVID,

That being said I think recall should be attempted and I voted that way.

and for that I created the option "other".

Well if the current reports are true, Cuomo Withheld public information for fear of an investigation by the department of justice. Now I’m no lawyer but that sounds like a crime.

Well if the current reports are true, Cuomo Withheld public information for fear of an investigation by the department of justice. Now I’m no lawyer but that sounds like a crime.
Of course! To the US government, murder is not a problem. Falsifying records however . . .

Of course! To the US government, murder is not a problem. Falsifying records however . . .
I mean, I don’t think that Cuomo’s policies constitute murder in any legal sense of the word. When you are making high-level policy involving health and safety, any decision you make will lead to some suffering by someone. Making bad policy (which can be very subjective) Is not in and of itself a crime. I would say however that falsifying records, and withholding public information, and miss leading the state legislature are at the very least unethical. When Cuomo’s aide, is saying that they did it because they thought the Trump justice department would investigate them, that sounds a lot to me like obstruction of justice. As much as the Covid patients in nursing homes was a bad policy, I don’t think that constitutes a crime nor do I wanna set the precedent that questionable policy is criminal.

It is a big story.

What you have to ask yourself since it was known since March, why is it a big story now?
The only answer is that the election is over. That the so called 'news' media (political propaganda in actuality) has awakened from their Republican bashing and Democrat caressing to now report on all the ill deeds of Democrats, getting ahead of the re-reporting / detailed reporting of this story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom