• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#425]Deep shit. Meadows is in it.

It's past time the organizers of 1/6 got their come uppance.

PoweRob, walk me through this, please. What is damning about his email? Besides the fact that the National Guard wasn't there, is there something wrong with saying there would be protection for the rally goers? This was before Jan 6. No one had stormed the Capitol. So what is wrong with that email?

The committee notes that in one email Meadows sent to an individual about January 6, he said that "the National Guard would be present to 'protect pro Trump people' and that many more would be available on standby," according to the report.

I'm also confused about what's damning about the states that nominated an alternate slate of electors. I know at least one did, and I think there was more than one. It was in the news. If it was illegal or something, why weren't those people arrested when they did it? (Pence just put them to one side and ignored them as he counted the votes.) It was no secret.

I think Meadows is up to his neck in his crook boss's dealings, but this stuff the committee is saying isn't even news. Help me understand why he's in deep shit.

These are the same people who lied about Russia collusion. I'm afraid they'll need some solid evidence for this to be believed.
Weak deflection attempt is weak.

The goal of the power structure seems to be to foment angst, hysteria and division, but never to resolve anything; let it fester like everything else. Do you think this will end differently? Who's being held "accountable"? The rubes who showed up alone?
I certainly would not blame or even charge the viewers who were there on Jan 6th. They didn't go so far as to put their feelings into action.
Your thoughts are certainly relevant but I also wonder where all this is going. I have no answers, just thoughts, and questions. :)

The 1/6 commission reading Meadows' email is weak sauce? :LOL:

You are extremely desperate.
Your blather about it is. Fact is BLM and Antifa thrive on violence and destruction. Protecting peaceful Pro-trumper demonstrators is a smart move.

Last edited:
Adam Schiff is the same guy who lied about having proof that Trump colluded with Russia...lol.

;)

DVt23h-WXk-AAyg-Js.jpg

_92861496_flynn.jpg

3ba1fbffa62e45dbff878a60da990a0f6538f5e4.jpg

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Russia interfered in the 2016 election for Trump's benefit.

Do you believe that statement is true or false?
False. Putin interfered in the election because Hillary interfered in his election. Putin could care less about Trump. Putin does not help any president of the US. He wants Russia to be the world leader and will do everything in his power to achieve it. Trump was the beneficiary of collateral damage when Putin got even with Hillary. Nothing more. Hillary crossed swords with a very dangerous and vengeful leader who will do whatever it takes to get even. Hillary even said it right after the election. She knew exactly why Putin did whatever he had to in order to cause her to lose the election. He was getting even for her sticking her nose in his election. Putin is a vengeful dangerous person who should be dealt with carefully as Hillary found out. If you cause trouble for Putin like Hillary did he will return the favor and did.

False. Putin interfered in the election because Hillary interfered in his election. Putin could care less about Trump. Putin does not help any president of the US. He wants Russia to be the world leader and will do everything in his power to achieve it. Trump was the beneficiary of collateral damage when Putin got even with Hillary. Nothing more. Hillary crossed swords with a very dangerous and vengeful leader who will do whatever it takes to get even. Hillary even said it right after the election. She knew exactly why Putin did whatever he had to in order to cause her to lose the election. He was getting even for her sticking her nose in his election. Putin is a vengeful dangerous person who should be dealt with carefully as Hillary found out. If you cause trouble for Putin like Hillary did he will return the favor and did.
Wow. This post is sadly uninformed.

Meadows said in an email about January 6th "the National Guard would be present to 'protect pro Trump people' and that many more would be available on standby,"

That is his email. It is not in doubt.

Are you OK with that? I can't imagine how any patriot could be, regardless of political affiliation.

Sounds like he is plotting a coup.
You object to the NG projecting the President?

Wow. This post is sadly uninformed.
Is it? I don't think that Putin gave any heed to Trump initially, viewing him as a dupe and buffoon, and then a convenient one after the election. Putin had a grudge against Hillary as she had called out the 2011 Russian parliamentary elections as illegitimate. Cyber attacks and social media trolling are exactly the kind of thing the Russians would do (and were shown to have done). Putin understood Hillary as a staunch foe, and Trump as a manipulatable non-threat to his expansionist plans.

PoweRob, walk me through this, please. What is damning about his email? Besides the fact that the National Guard wasn't there, is there something wrong with saying there would be protection for the rally goers? This was before Jan 6. No one had stormed the Capitol. So what is wrong with that email?

The committee notes that in one email Meadows sent to an individual about January 6, he said that "the National Guard would be present to 'protect pro Trump people' and that many more would be available on standby," according to the report.

I'm also confused about what's damning about the states that nominated an alternate slate of electors. I know at least one did, and I think there was more than one. It was in the news. If it was illegal or something, why weren't those people arrested when they did it? (Pence just put them to one side and ignored them as he counted the votes.) It was no secret.

I think Meadows is up to his neck in his crook boss's dealings, but this stuff the committee is saying isn't even news. Help me understand why he's in deep shit.

Agree. Nice summary.

Am sharing the same confusion on this particular new "outrage".

Meadows said in an email about January 6th "the National Guard would be present to 'protect pro Trump people' and that many more would be available on standby,"

That is his email. It is not in doubt.

Are you OK with that? I can't imagine how any patriot could be, regardless of political affiliation.

Sounds like he is plotting a coup.

A National Guard committed ONLY to protecting "pro-Trump people" is no longer a National Guard, it is a praetorian death squad masquerading AS a "national guard".
Shocking to see this fly over so many heads.

Agree. Nice summary.

Am sharing the same confusion on this particular new "outrage".
Maybe someone will be kind enough to explain. But I've just been reading about that Power Point Meadows turned over to the committee, so this stuff doesn't matter much.

A National Guard committed ONLY to protecting "pro-Trump people" is no longer a National Guard, it is a praetorian death squad masquerading AS a "national guard".
Shocking to see this fly over so many heads.
Ah hah! Is that it?

I'm also confused about what's damning about the states that nominated an alternate slate of electors. I know at least one did, and I think there was more than one. It was in the news.

No, there aren’t ‘alternate electors’ who can vote for President Trump.

Since the Electoral Count Act was enacted in 1887, a situation akin to “dueling electors” has happened only once, when Hawaii was in the throes of a close recount in 1960. The governor of Hawaii signed off on a Republican slate of electors for Richard M. Nixon before the recount was completed; when it was finished and showed John F. Kennedy ahead, the governor had to send a new Democratic slate to Congress. The Democratic slate was accepted.

Ah hah! Is that it?

Well? 🤷‍♂️
I was laboring under the impression that the National Guard, like the military, is supposed to swear an oath to uphold and serve The Constitution, not the whims of a man (or woman) and that's what supposedly sets us apart from nations where the military serves a king.

Declaring a branch of the military as committed to protecting only one CLASS of citizens automatically creates a second class, the unprotected.
It's not as if the Guard was dispatched to ATTACK the other (second) class, but rather, to protect the pro-Trump class...yes?

PROTECT FROM WHOM? Or WHAT?
The Capitol Police?
DC Police?
Any other state police agency?
Other state National Guard deployments?

Remember, all of the above options were talked about as the insurrection was happening, and in fact, The Pentagon, which is in charge of the DC Guard, was told to order all of the above to STAND DOWN, and specific instructions were handed to DC NatGuard BY Christopher Miller, the "pro-Trump SecDefBot", and here it is.

SecDef Miller Capitol NatGuard smoking gun.jpeg

So WHO WERE the DC Guard supposed to protect the pro-Trump people FROM exactly...it's not as if there was another a three or four thousand COUNTER demonstrators armed and ready to hit the Capitol.

No, there aren’t ‘alternate electors’ who can vote for President Trump.

Since the Electoral Count Act was enacted in 1887, a situation akin to “dueling electors” has happened only once, when Hawaii was in the throes of a close recount in 1960. The governor of Hawaii signed off on a Republican slate of electors for Richard M. Nixon before the recount was completed; when it was finished and showed John F. Kennedy ahead, the governor had to send a new Democratic slate to Congress. The Democratic slate was accepted.
I know it wasn't 'official,' but it was done openly. It was one of Trump's farflung plans. If I got it right, it's the reason Trump got so mad at Pence, because Pence wouldn't accept them.

I just don't get why Meadows talking about this halfbaked plan is such a big deal? The Republicans who tried it in 5 states didn't get in any trouble. Why would Meadows? Just asking. Not defending Meadows.

Georgia Republican legislature put up their very own seat of 16 Electors for President Donald J. Trump setting the stage for dueling slates of electors going into January 6th where Vice President Mike Pence decides to accept or reject!” claimed one Facebook user. “HERE WE GO!”

The conservative website The Gateway Pundit also reported on Republicans casting so-called procedural ballots in Arizona, Georgia, Nevada and Pennsylvania, claiming the swing states were still being contested.

Back
Top Bottom