• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

I don't have to they didn't control the variables they just surveyed people that only gives you correlation I'm sorry you don't understand science.
there isn't a problem with the science. The problem is with your conclusion. You have concluded because two things are correlated that one must cause the other. You are saying shark attacks are caused by ice cream because the two things correlate.

That is not science that is your superstition because you really want your mask some sort of magical barrier. Just like stoneage people really wanted to be able to think that getting on their knees and wailing caused rain to fall and they came to the conclusion the exact same way you did. You did a thing and many variables happened but you don't care about them because only one holds any political currency so you forget about them and pretend it's the one that you care about.

Maybe you need the virtue signal, maybe you need an excuse as to why you're such a subordinate. I can't begin to guess at your reasoning but it isn't based on science not in the least you don't even know why correlation does not equal causation and that's so incredibly basic we just call it logic.
Yeah no.
First yes the studies did control for intervening variables.
Second correlation is used all the time in science . It can be very powerful evidence especially when intervening variables are controlled for.
ITS WHY ITS USED IN SCIENCE IN THE FiRST PLACE YOU RIDICULOUS DUDE.
Lmao.

But thank you for proving why no one should listen to you.

I will leave you with this parting thought.
I mean I know you won't understand it. But most everyone else will.

" show me the randomized double blind controlled studies proving that jumping out of an airplane at 2000 feet is deadlier than jumping out using a parachute. "

It's a point I make to my students regarding research and best evidence.

Have a nice day.

Yeah no.
First yes the studies did control for intervening variables.
to control for variables you must have a control group people you purposefully infect with covid they didn't do that you are lying.

Second correlation is used all the time in science .
again the problem is not with the science it's with your conclusion that the correlation is there for the causation.

to control for variables you must have a control group people you purposefully infect with covid they didn't do that you are lying.

again the problem is not with the science it's with your conclusion that the correlation is there for the causation.
1. Ha..no you don't. Wow. Seriously .
2. If correlation is useless for evidence please explain why it is used so often in science as evidence??
Is science " superstition to you"?
Certainly it's a mystery to you. Lol.

1. Ha..no you don't. Wow. Seriously .
2. If correlation is useless for evidence please explain why it is used so often in science as evidence??
Is science " superstition to you"?
Certainly it's a mystery to you. Lol.
1. Yes seriously. You most certainly do have to have a control group to isolate a variable.

2. I didn't say correlation is useless. Why are you resorting to the dishonest tactic of strawman fallacies?

I said correlation isn't causation.

Me either. I'm not saying people should or shouldn't I'm talking about the science people keep referencing that proves whatever position they've connected to right or wrong.
Like you did...

But what did I but what did I reference what science am I using for my argument?

I'm arguing about what the science says but I'm not referencing any to support my argument.
Too late... you moved the Goal Posts...

Too late... you moved the Goal Posts...
I didn't reference any science there is no goal posts to move you just found where I said something about it.

I didn't present a study that concluded the opinion that I hold so there's nothing I'm too late for and there's no goal posts that have been moved.

1. Yes seriously. You most certainly do have to have a control group to isolate a variable.
Yes. And these studies used a control group. You don;t have to purposely infect people to have a control group.
2. I didn't say correlation is useless. Why are you resorting to the dishonest tactic of strawman fallacies?
You made claims that it was akin to superstition.
I said correlation isn't causation.
Okay then,. if its not useless.. then detail exactly what it means. Using your extensive knowledge of scientific research.

Yes. And these studies used a control group. You don;t have to purposely infect people to have a control group.
so how do they control for variables
You made claims that it was akin to superstition.
That was you.
Okay then,. if its not useless.. then detail exactly what it means. Using your extensive knowledge of scientific research.
you don't have to have extensive knowledge to understand correlation doesn't equal causation all you have to have is the bare minimum you don't even have that.

so how do they control for variables
they used a control group comprised of similar people with similar demographics.
That was you.
I never said that correlation was akin to superstition. Thats on you.
you don't have to have extensive knowledge to understand correlation doesn't equal causation all you have to have is the bare minimum you don't even have that.
You keep repeating that "correlation doesn;t equal causation".. without understanding what that means.

The better the correlation, the greater the evidence that there is a causal link. thats why correlation is used in science.

they used a control group comprised of similar people with similar demographics.
how did they control for variables you can say they use the control group all you want but if you can't explain how you don't know.
I never said that correlation was akin to superstition. Thats on you.
I never said that either. Why do you have to be dishonest?
You keep repeating that "correlation doesn;t equal causation".. without understanding what that means.
You pretend everybody is as ignorant as you.
The better the correlation, the greater the evidence that there is a causal link.
explain.
thats why correlation is used in science.
Explain how.

Yeah people need to quit being Karen's you don't get to control anyone else.

And if you try they should defy you.
If I get covid I will not change my routine. I will go to work, shopping, dining out, and etc.

If I get it I'll stay away from people. But if I don't have it I'm not going to wear costumes to make simpletons feel safe.
If I have it I am going about my business as usual.

That is their problem. If they are vaccinated they will be ok and not get real sick.
And that's just irresponsible and inconsiderate. It's also why the virus spread like wildfire to begin with and continues to persist.

I still say it's unwise, it will still spread the virus it doesn't matter who's problem it is that really doesn't factor into what I said.
I do not want to stop what I do in life.

Back
Top Bottom