• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

People with more knowledge than you know more than you.
Yep..thats a fact.
But it doesn't explain your denialism..
Please explain how you have more knowledge than your community medical providers.

Yet here you are.

You should ask yourself who are you trying to convince.

Certainly not you.
You live in a fantasy world where fantasy=reality.
Ever watch the Twilight Zone?
Sorta like that.

Yep..we have gone over this many times with you..as have others. The scientific evidence has been presented to you that masks slow the rate of infection. That scientific evidence is overwhelming.
The only real question here is why you continue to persist..though proven wrong time and time again.
Why do you think that all your medical providers are recommending masks when you say they don't work? Why do you think your medical providers are part of a conspiracy?
Once you stated about some oath? But you had no clarification.
Who do we supposedly swear this oath to and for what purpose?
I find your brand of denialism ( you should look thr term up) fascinating. Does it stem from deep seated anxiety and fear. Is it due to self identity...or is it tied to group identity?
Why do you do this? You always divert. There is ZERO scienctifuc evidence that says Covid does not go straight through the large openings on the sides of people’s noses. There cannot be ad it would involve real live humans and following them around 24/7 and detailed notes taken on how and if they had masks on and if they made sure to always close those openings. You KNOW this and continue to misinform everyone here that there is scientific evidence,!

Certainly not you.
Or anybody else but you. All you do is insist. The only people that would agree with you are the ones that already did.

Your ego stifles your ability to persuade. You can throw a fit and attack me personally to cope but coming from you it means nothing.

Absolutely!!! As long as the scientific methods for selection..having a large enough N.. and criteria for valid and reliable statistical analysis is met!!!
You realize that most adverse reaction to the vaccine are the result of self reporting right?
That is not science

Why do you do this? You always divert. There is ZERO scienctifuc evidence that says Covid does not go straight through the large openings on the sides of people’s noses. There cannot be ad it would involve real live humans and following them around 24/7 and detailed notes taken on how and if they had masks on and if they made sure to always close those openings. You KNOW this and continue to misinform everyone here that there is scientific evidence,!
The dunning Kruger effect. People will hold on to their beliefs no matter what.

They say their beliefs and claim it's science.

I guess the more they say the words science, and fact the more they think it is.

Science is incisive in this issue.
Self reports now are science

Self reports now are science
Well there was research done in the efficacy of masks. It's just inconclusive.

People claim it affirms their political position because they want to be right. Science is used this way all the time.

The problem is some people recognize their bias others don't.

Or anybody else but you. All you do is insist. The only people that would agree with you are the ones that already did.

Your ego stifles your ability to persuade. You can throw a fit and attack me personally to cope but coming from you it means nothing.
I do not attack you personally other than to state with certainty that your opinion on masks is wrong. Thats just a fact. I know better than to insist that folks like you accept facts, nor would I waste my time trying to persuade you of anything. There are people here who can learn things about medicine. Unfortunately you are not one of them.

The CDC admits they are only up to 40 percent effective. So logically if they allow 60 percent of those who wear them to become infected.......they don't work!
Your statement is illogical. According to you it works but its limited in effectivity so it works. It would not work it would be 100% ineffective.

No one claimed masks by themselves was a panacea. They are part of a series of risk reduction behaviours. Common sense alone would tell you wearing a mask would prevent someone from sneezing or coughing directly on you.

As for the CDC it has issued many guidelines including this recent one that ONLY applies to those who have received a vaccine:

It has not contradicted the following guidelines for those who have NOT taken the vaccine in which it has also stated:

The reasons for why health care professionals suggested people wear masks has always been consistent with the following reasoning:

It's not denialism it's knowing more.
Ahhh..thank you..you answered my question.
Denialism seems to stem from three sources.
One is a deep-seated fear or anxiety..
For example studies find that people that are more squeamish or get upset by blood..or needles or etc..are more likely to be anti vaxxers..as they fear medical environment.
The second is an identity crisis. These folks feel marginalized in society and powerless and so they develop an identity that only "they" " really know"..
Everyone else simply doesn't know what they know. They are the believers in the outrageous conspiracy theories.
The third is identifying with a group. For example denying facts because they are incompatible with the group ideology.. like evolution and evangelical Christians.

So thank you for showing me where your denalism stems from.

Let's not forget also that people don't dispose of them every 8 hours like they're supposed to they probably wear the same one for months.
Yes, i know someone who puts his mask on his gearshift and uses it over and over.

Ahhh..thank you..you answered my question.
So my interaction isn't necessary. Everyone that disagrees with you is just in denial.

Why would you even bother posting here if you aren't interested in discussing things with anybody?

Don't bother lying I already know the real answer.

Well there was research done in the efficacy of masks. It's just inconclusive.

People claim it affirms their political position because they want to be right. Science is used this way all the time.

The problem is some people recognize their bias others don't.

No research is conclusive in medicine. Its always subject to change particularly with evolving viruses.

No one who advocates mask use has stated it is a panacea. I ask you or anyone to provide any medical information from the CDC or any medical authority that said masks would STOP the spread 100% or presented them as fool proof. I have asked many times and never have I yet to receive any proof that any scientist or doctor claimed they were "right" or claimed masks were 100% effective.

With due respect because you know I appreciate your views and I am only debating, do you have a bias projected on the science and medical community? Surely you know there job is to err on the side of caution not risk. That leads me to ask you and I say it respectfully because I totally respect your right to question and be skeptical I am just debating-do your biases prevent you from trusting authority and therefore doctors and scientists? When I say you I mean it rhetorically with anyone not you specifically. Hell I have a bias against authority of course... but are all these scientists and physicians liars?

Why would anyone think a doctor or scientist telling you to wear a mask is doing so because they have an out of control ego? Really? Hey I know surgeons who are huge with ego...of course...they swell with pride when they come up with a new technique of course...they would be the first to tell you its their egos...but a physician or nurse asking you to wear a mask? That is ego? Really? Come on. Of course some doctors are egomaniacs. Every profession has them. Hell my profession (lawyers) are nothing but egos (swollen prostates). I get it...I do....but come on.. don't we owe front line workers like police, firefighters, nurses, physicians, paramedics, workers in public domain like bus-drivers, retail workers, health care workers and orderlies, some basic courtesy and respect? Is it really that much to try work with them and not expose them unintentionally to viruses of any kind if we can help in any way to reduce that spread risk?

For me its not about being right, its just basic courtesy and respect for others.

I do get though why you and others are totally fed up with the conflicting statements.

Last edited:
No research is conclusive in medicine. Its always subject to change particularly with evolving viruses.

No one who advocates mask use has stated it is a panacea. I ask you or anyone to provide any medical information from the CDC or any medical authority that said masks would STOP the spread 100% or presented them as fool proof. I have asked many times and never have I yet to receive any proof that any scientist or doctor claimed they were "right" or claimed masks were 100% effective.

With due respect that is your bias projected on the science and medical community. There job is to err on the side of caution not risk.

That leads me to ask you and I say it respectfully because I totally respect your right to question and be skeptical I am just debating-do your biases prevent you from trusting authority and therefore doctors and scientists?

Are they all liars? Why would anyone think a doctor or scientist telling you to wear a mask is doing so because they have an out of control ego? Really? Hey I know surgeons who are huge with ego...of course...they swell with pride when they come up with a new technique of course...but telling you to wear a mask? That is ego? Really? Come on. Of course some doctors are egomaniacs. Every profession has them.

Hell my profession (lawyers) are nothing but egos (swollen prostates). I get it...but come on.. don't we owe front line workers like police, firefighters, nurses, physicians, paramedics, workers in public domain like bus-drivers, retail workers, health care workers and orderlies, some basic courtesy and respect? Is it really that much to try work with them and not expose them unintentionally to viruses of any kind if we can help in any way to reduce that spread risk?

Hey man its not about being right, its about basic courtesy and respect for others.
Yes, i have become much more libertarian. I think someone like Dr Fauci liked having power over everyone and he doesnt like giving it up. There has to be a balance with rights and safety.

Nope. I understand science and scientific research methodology..
I already explained to you that
the research includes these folks..and yet the scientific evidence still shows masks slows the spread.
The real question is where does your denial stem from?

Yes, i have become much more libertarian. I think someone like Dr Fauci liked having power over everyone and he doesnt like giving it up. There has to be a balance with rights and safety.
Interesting. What power did fauci have over everyone?

Nope. I understand science and scientific research methodology..
I already explained to you that
the research includes these folks..and yet the scientific evidence still shows masks slows the spread.
The real question is where does your denial stem from?
If it slows the spread why is the curve exactly the same in every state, masked or not?

Back
Top Bottom