• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

So what? Limiting how far your breath goes doesn't do anything when we all share the same airspace.
Could you show a study on the precise location and density of exhaled air, masked and unmasked, in a room of given size with OCHA required air changes over specified time? You know - to prove your point?

I countered the reputation with underdeniable points
Did you now......? Is that your reputation or the mask's reputation?

..or did you me repudiation?

How under deniability were these reputations?

Correlation does not equal causation. All your studies can do is determine correlation.

Case in point ice cream sales at the beach increase as do shark attacks but ice cream sells do not cause shark attacks.

I don't understand why you people aren't capable of thinking.
First of all, no.. all the studies did not just determine correlation.

If you are not capable of understanding the research... stop talking and let people who ARE capable of understanding speak.

So what? Limiting how far your breath goes doesn't do anything when we all share the same airspace.
Of course it does. Sweet baby jesus. Are you really going to claim that if you just as likely to be infected by an infected person if they are 1 foot from you versus 1 mile away? LOL

Just stop.

Should I listen to them when they're telling me to wear an amulet to protect me from evil spirits?
Name the licensed physicians in the CDC, or pretty much anywhere that are telling you to wear amulets to protect yourself from evil spirits.

Lets see your list. Show me that even 50% of licensed healthcare workers are telling people to wear amulets to protect yourself from evil spirits and you will have a point.

Otherwise.. stop talking. OR do you go to your mechanic for healthcare advice because he is just as likely to give you good healthcare advice as someone with a degree and training in healthcare?

Of course it does. Sweet baby jesus. Are you really going to claim that if you just as likely to be infected by an infected person if they are 1 foot from you versus 1 mile away? LOL

Just stop.
No it doesn't your breath traveling 3 ft or 20 ft doesn't mean anything. If we're creatures that are capable of moving around. What you would need for that to matter is a box built around you to contain your air.

Quit begging me to stop it's pathetic. I know you don't desperately don't want me stating facts because it destroys your religion. That's why I do it you're begging me to stop because truth destroys lies.

Less people share a limited airspace. Is this really that difficult?

How does wearing masks equal less people?

What you said makes no kind of sense it's not difficult it's insane to believe that.
I think you are Trolling, but I will say it once. If there is one person every yard for ten yards and and your cough affects 8 yards/8 people out, and if wearing a mask reduces that to 3 yards/3 people out... then the mask limited the number of people affected...

I think you are Trolling, but I will say it once. If there is one person every yard for ten yards and and your cough affects 8 yards/8 people out, and if wearing a mask reduces that to 3 yards/3 people out... then the mask limited the number of people affected...
People don't walk in formation so chances are you're going to be closer than 8 years.

You can claim whatever nonsense you want to believe about your mask. There is nothing to support it outside of your feelings.

Also you say the most ridiculous thing in the thread and I'm trolling?

I am old enough to remember the beginning of the pandemic when the experts told us there was nothing we could do to stop the spread or prevent 2 million people from dying. The only thing we could do is mitigate the demand put on our hospitals by locking down and social distancing. Later they addedwearing masks out in public to the list. It turns out they were largely correct.

People don't walk in formation so chances are you're going to be closer than 8 years.

You can claim whatever nonsense you want to believe about your mask. There is nothing to support it outside of your feelings.

Also you say the most ridiculous thing in the thread and I'm trolling?
I figured you were...

so it was a lab controlled experiment where they had a control group that they purposely exposed people to covid?

Are you really the ignorant about science?
Actually at least a couple of studies a controlled experiment in which people who were infected were quarantined with uninfected people in their household.
The households were there was masks worn by the infected person had statistically less infection rates among tge other members.
Don't even try to question me on science. Come now.

No it doesn't your breath traveling 3 ft or 20 ft doesn't mean anything. If we're creatures that are capable of moving around. What you would need for that to matter is a box built around you to contain your air.

Quit begging me to stop it's pathetic. I know you don't desperately don't want me stating facts because it destroys your religion. That's why I do it you're begging me to stop because truth destroys lies.
Of course it does.
You should stop because you are embarrassing yourself.
The farther infected droplets in your breath carry ..the greater the likelihood that you will infect someone. It is really that simple.

INHALE THIS!

UPDATE

Japanese study on the nastiness of mask. Oh, and guess what?

They don’t work.

Bollocks! You are deeply MISINFORMED!

From the World Health Organisation, here: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: When and how to use masks

Can masks prevent the transmission of COVID-19?

Masks should be used as part of a comprehensive strategy of measures to suppress transmission and save lives; the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to provide an adequate level of protection against COVID-19.

If COVID-19 is spreading in your community, stay safe by taking some simple precautions, such as physical distancing, wearing a mask, keeping rooms well ventilated, avoiding crowds, cleaning your hands, and coughing into a bent elbow or tissue. Check local advice where you live and work. Do it all!

Make wearing a mask a normal part of being around other people. The appropriate use, storage and cleaning or disposal of masks are essential to make them as effective as possible.

They are only part of the strategy, but more a key part than anyone might think. If you don't wear a mask in all situtations of relatively high population numbers is being a damn-fool. You are "asking for it"!

The stupidity of it is all is that those who promote the notion that "masks are unimportant" are the damn fools who don't know the data and thus the risk. Simply, they don't like the encumbrance of a"rag" across their face. Well, too bad! Either you accept the rag or open yourself to a well-qualified threat of Covid intoxication.

Anyone who does not wear a mask whilst in a high-density population is (1) a damn fool because the mask is the ONLY protective measure commonly available and (2) without a mask they are helping to spread the viral-disease since they are likely exhaling it because they got Covid and didn't know? Each Covid-afflicted individual reacts differently - some can die almost immediately whilst others have no notion whatsoever that they have Covid.

'Nuff said? Probably not. The dunces abound ...

Actually at least a couple of studies a controlled experiment in which people who were infected were quarantined with uninfected people in their household.
The households were there was masks worn by the infected person had statistically less infection rates among tge other members.
Don't even try to question me on science. Come now.
That establishes correlation.

Higher ice cream sales does not cause more shark attacks.

Of course it does.
You should stop because you are embarrassing yourself.
your projector I'm embarrassing you.

The farther infected droplets in your breath carry ..the greater the likelihood that you will infect someone. It is really that simple.
well you see we live in a dynamic reality where a person doesn't stand in the same spot for their entire life.

In fact a person can exhale and if I'm beside them or behind them or walking 10 feet behind them I'll walk through their exhale within a second or two if I'm slowly strolling.

It would be like I was standing uncomfortably close to them there's not this magical proximity since her that the virus has.

I don't need to see you all I need to know is what kind of mask it is. I've worn safer masks dust masks and respirators of All sorts for work I've done. Your little costume piece doesn't seal against your face.
nobody was recommending nor was anybody using such a mask.

Text you from arisolized particulate. Go into a chamber where they're stirring up uranium dust and take a deep deep breaths.

Changing the direction the virus doesn't do anything it's still in the air. You didn't do anything.
I was against regulations on wearing costume masks.

Just because you not in agreement with everything you hear from approved sources doesn't mean that everyone is as blind to follower As You Are. Strange that that's your frame of reference
When you cough it prevents your aerosols and spit from going everywhere. That's how it works. For the first time in my life I haven't had the flu and I'd say it's likely due to mask use and extra precautions. I didn't get the flu shot in the past few years either. I have gotten the Covid vax x2 plus both boosters

Back
Top Bottom