• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

These vaccines are clearly running out of steam…like your arguments. Most people that die ,die of something else. Even the group most at risk of death from Covid ( the over 85’s) are 87% more likely to die of something else…but you don’t give a **** about them . Polio is easier to vaccinate against than Coronavirus …that much should be obvious even to you lol.

Just to reiterate for you…the vaccines are starting to fail and your hope in them is about to be dashed on the rocks of reality …just watch Israel , they have chosen the road you want to take.

Starting to fail by helping prevent serious illness, hospitalizations and/or death.

That’s just not the case…in the UK the disease itself was far less of a problem than the mitigations against it …the fat that Covid overspill hospitals were closed proves that. 13,000,000 people have missed treatment here.

Why do you blatantly lie?

That’s just not the case…in the UK the disease itself was far less of a problem than the mitigations against it …the fat that Covid overspill hospitals were closed proves that. 13,000,000 people have missed treatment here.
You ridiculous dude...your hospitals were overwhelmed..

Exactly…the vaccines are shit.

Congratulations for stupidest post of the day.

Thanks for confirming.

Thanks for lying.

I’ve also seen sly ways in which vaccinated people are being counted as non vaxxed when they are dying in intensive care…it’s all very interesting.

If they aren't fully vaccinated they aren't fully vaccinated. How hard is that to understand?

And, have you EVIDENCE to back your claim?

In the U.K. it has become clear that people enjoy not going to work if they have the option to do it from home…it is not necessarily indicative of fear of covid …the same people would get on a plane to fly off tomorrow if they were given the chance. The feeling in the U.K. was that middle class white collar people basically sat on their arses whilst poorer people brought them things…guess it was the same in Sweden too.

It is also clear that the Swedes never isolated ( as far as possible) their old people from Covid …that is a mistake that they have acknowledged. When you look at deaths in Sweden it is clear that the vast majority of people were very old, Covid did not really impact on young people. The first wave was 50% people in care homes, their care homes are really about palliative care, so it’s hardly surprising that Covid was serious for them. The second wave still involved mainly people in their old age…I have been unable to find if that was still a care home situation or whether it was more about old people outside the care system…but it is almost certain that for most people Covid takes weeks or months off life, not years.

As for people ignoring the pandemic, that is completely understandable … most of us don’t know anyone that has died of it and those that do know very old and ill people that have died with it. Virtually no one knows a young person that has died of it.

Still yammering about the Swedes who failed miserably in containing COVID.

Good job.

It is rather strange that there are 10 times more Covid deaths this summer in the U.K. than last summer…same in Germany …given we’ve had a massive vaccine roll out…strange.

Strange how it is predominately the UNvaccinated suffering in both countries.

strange.

Congratulations for stupidest post of the day.

Thanks for lying.

If they aren't fully vaccinated they aren't fully vaccinated. How hard is that to understand?

And, have you EVIDENCE to back your claim?
Of course he hasn't-although I guarantee the ultra-conservative Daily Mail and youtube are in there, somewhere...

In the U.K. it has become clear that people enjoy not going to work if they have the option to do it from home…it is not necessarily indicative of fear of covid …the same people would get on a plane to fly off tomorrow if they were given the chance. The feeling in the U.K. was that middle class white collar people basically sat on their arses whilst poorer people brought them things…guess it was the same in Sweden too.
That is an oversimplification and inaccurate considering the comparable productivity experienced throughout much of the corporate world throughout the pandemic. I suspect this might have been the sentiment among some, but if you were working from home, you were working nonetheless. One of the challenges has been people not setting boundaries and working longer hours because the lines between work and home were blurred early on.

As for poorer people bringing things to white collar workers, the pandemic didn't change that dynamic since deliveries were always part of that workflow. The increase in deliveries and quotas on how many people could go into shops helped make it a bit safer for workers as well. That demand for deliveries also helped keep businesses afloat who in turn kept people on the payroll.

It is also clear that the Swedes never isolated ( as far as possible) their old people from Covid …that is a mistake that they have acknowledged. When you look at deaths in Sweden it is clear that the vast majority of people were very old, Covid did not really impact on young people. The first wave was 50% people in care homes, their care homes are really about palliative care, so it’s hardly surprising that Covid was serious for them. The second wave still involved mainly people in their old age…I have been unable to find if that was still a care home situation or whether it was more about old people outside the care system…but it is almost certain that for most people Covid takes weeks or months off life, not years.
That COVID 19 impacts the elderly and those with co-morbidities was never a question or a point no one understood or understands. What differs is how risk is calculated, and thus far you have focused narrowly without including the factors which make it risky for those particular groups. One simple can't isolate those at risk because if we start with obesity as a criterion, you're talking about 1 in 3 people in the US and 1 in 4 people in the UK having to isolate. The disease depends on people carrying it, so while the young may not die, they're spreading it to those at risk. Sure, it would be easy to just grab all the vulnerable and place them on Quarantine Island to keep them safe, but that just isn't realistic.

As for people ignoring the pandemic, that is completely understandable … most of us don’t know anyone that has died of it and those that do know very old and ill people that have died with it. Virtually no one knows a young person that has died of it.
I don't know of any children dying, but a co-worker lost his 39 year old sister recently. The people who I knew who passed were in their late 50s, not overweight but had heart issues. Not knowing anyone who has died from a disease is a pretty poor metric in determining gravity or prevalence. I never knew anyone who died of AIDS or Ebola, but they're deadly diseases I'd feel better about if I knew health agencies were doing everything in their power from them spreading.

That is an oversimplification and inaccurate considering the comparable productivity experienced throughout much of the corporate world throughout the pandemic. I suspect this might have been the sentiment among some, but if you were working from home, you were working nonetheless. One of the challenges has been people not setting boundaries and working longer hours because the lines between work and home were blurred early on.

As for poorer people bringing things to white collar workers, the pandemic didn't change that dynamic since deliveries were always part of that workflow. The increase in deliveries and quotas on how many people could go into shops helped make it a bit safer for workers as well. That demand for deliveries also helped keep businesses afloat who in turn kept people on the payroll.

That COVID 19 impacts the elderly and those with co-morbidities was never a question or a point no one understood or understands. What differs is how risk is calculated, and thus far you have focused narrowly without including the factors which make it risky for those particular groups. One simple can't isolate those at risk because if we start with obesity as a criterion, you're talking about 1 in 3 people in the US and 1 in 4 people in the UK having to isolate. The disease depends on people carrying it, so while the young may not die, they're spreading it to those at risk. Sure, it would be easy to just grab all the vulnerable and place them on Quarantine Island to keep them safe, but that just isn't realistic.

I don't know of any children dying, but a co-worker lost his 39 year old sister recently. The people who I knew who passed were in their late 50s, not overweight but had heart issues. Not knowing anyone who has died from a disease is a pretty poor metric in determining gravity or prevalence. I never knew anyone who died of AIDS or Ebola, but they're deadly diseases I'd feel better about if I knew health agencies were doing everything in their power from them spreading.
My point about Swedes working from home is simply that the motivation to do so need not be fear of Covid…most people are not scared of Covid, but a lot of people like the idea of working from home.

As for risks to younger people , thus far the numbers are low. For instance around 3500 people in their 50’s died of or with Covid in the first year of the pandemic in England and Wales... almost all of them obese or already ill. Around 1% of the population dies each year…around 500,000 people for England and Wales…so again perspective is required.

My point about Swedes working from home is simply that the motivation to do so need not be fear of Covid…most people are not scared of Covid, but a lot of people like the idea of working from home.
Except it's hard to avoid the sharp increase during pandemic times, since that's what drove this shift.

As for risks to younger people , thus far the numbers are low. For instance around 3500 people in their 50’s died of or with Covid in the first year of the pandemic in England and Wales... almost all of them obese or already ill. Around 1% of the population dies each year…around 500,000 people for England and Wales…so again perspective is required.
If you're only focused on one metric then this might make some sense, but the simple fact is transmission is a way of preventing deaths and new mutations. No one in the medical field uses the calculus of "well, it's only old people dying" because it's more complex than that. The idea of comparing other death statistics doesn't work either because this is additional death added to those numbers; and a preventable one at that. Just looking at it from a US perspective, that means going forward we would just ignore 687,000 (to date) due to a novel disease with the rationale of "people die".

Last edited:
Except it's hard to avoid the sharp increase during pandemic times, since that's what drove this shift.

If you're only focused on one metric then this might make some sense, but the simple fact is transmission is a way of preventing deaths and new mutations. No one in the medical field uses the calculus of "well, it's only old people dying" because it's more complex than that. The idea of comparing other death statistics doesn't work either because this is additional death added to those numbers; and a preventable one at that. Just looking at it from a US perspective, that means going forward we would just ignore 687,000 (to date) due to a novel disease with the rationale of "people die".
I seriously think that most people that had the option of working from home did it more for convenience than out of fear…I’d say that’s definitely the case in the U.K. anyway. You can tell that’s the way people are thinking because they want to carry on working from home once all this Covid malarkey is over.

I think that the way the infections dived in Sweden after peak infection indicates that’s how this virus operates …it just looks as though Covid mandates elsewhere have bought infections and deaths down because of the correlation…but as already indicated U.K. lockdowns happened after peak infection had already passed.
Sweden clearly did better than most Western countries, not as well as their neighbours, but still much better than the U.K. and US…and most non Scandinavian countries…plus the real win for them is that they don’t have a quarter of their population missing treatment like the U.K…so they are avoiding those guaranteed excess deaths.

I seriously think that most people that had the option of working from home did it more for convenience than out of fear…I’d say that’s definitely the case in the U.K. anyway. You can tell that’s the way people are thinking because they want to carry on working from home once all this Covid malarkey is over.

I think that the way the infections dived in Sweden after peak infection indicates that’s how this virus operates …it just looks as though Covid mandates elsewhere have bought infections and deaths down because of the correlation…but as already indicated U.K. lockdowns happened after peak infection had already passed.
Sweden clearly did better than most Western countries, not as well as their neighbours, but still much better than the U.K. and US…and most non Scandinavian countries…plus the real win for them is that they don’t have a quarter of their population missing treatment like the U.K…so they are avoiding those guaranteed excess deaths.

Comparing Sweden to Western Countries as a whole ignores variables that skew results.

Even within countries there are variables.

Apples vs. Basketballs.

How did Sweden do as opposed to the countries most like her??

I wonder why the liberals are no longer yacking about maskless Florida? Could this chart be the reason?

Florida today.png

Masks don't prevent? huh.

FAHfJLaX0AMLw9h

Today is not the third of September. there were 118 deaths in Florida yesterday.
You are wrong. The chart that 99% of the world goes by and has gone by is the Worldometer chart, which Isused. There were just NINE deaths yesterday.

WHY are you always so wrong?

You are wrong. The chart that 99% of the world goes by and has gone by is the Worldometer chart, which Isused. There were just NINE deaths yesterday.
Yeah no..

WHY are you always so wrong?

The chart you show is a monthly chart ending nearly three weeks ago. why are you purporting it to be current?
Eight deaths today.

Yeah no..

My chart is the one from worldo meter and current. You know this. Regardless deaths have plummeted in the last month. Why, doctor know it all?

Comparing Sweden to Western Countries as a whole ignores variables that skew results.

Even within countries there are variables.

Apples vs. Basketballs.

How did Sweden do as opposed to the countries most like her??
I reckon the country most like Sweden is Scotland…and they did as shit as you did.

Back
Top Bottom