• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

RINOs, not RHINOs, Republicans in name only, like you for instance.

ROFLMAO! My rates if I had excepted an Obamacare qualified policy would have been an immediate 300% uptick in the premiums and 500% uptick in the deductible. And that was just in the first year.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! Flattening out is misleading. They continued to rise dramatically, just at a slower rate. And tgey are still rising.

There are two problems with that statement. One, it reeks of authoratarianism, ands two Obamacare violates the 10th amendment to the US Constitution.

If you want to take that silliness a bit further, let's include all Obamacare policies as well. They don't truly take care of all catastphic cases. They have limits and they don't make you whole if you cannot work during a long or permanent illness.

I would not give any dangerous individual bail, rich or poor. However any bail amount should be based both on income and flight risk. You on the otherhand seem to have a soft spot in your heart for the people who commit violent crimes as long as they are low income.

So provide the original cultures and we can talk.

No, I am influenced by science, common sense, and the ability to thinl for myself. I appreciate the experts, but I don't sit back in the corner and taker everything they say as bible. They have been wrong before.. Dr Fauci is a very bright individual, however he is a meglomaniac who has been popliticized.

Nop, you are just following whatever comes out of the liobrul smoke filled rooms

So it was either caused by a lab worker infected and traversing through the wet markets or there is a host animal. Neither can be proved at this point. You have you opinion and I have mind.

You are cherry picking so-called new studies. I am not getting into a google war with you
1. And again if the majority of the party are RINO'S ( spellchecker stopped)..
That would mean they represent the majority of the party!
2. Possible because you had a crap policy that didn't cover crap..and if you had gotten seriously ill...the rest of us would have foot the bill.
3. No just factual. Of course they will rise..why would you expect they wouldn't rise with inflation?
4. 1. Nope..it reeks of being personally responsible. Now if you want to change the law so if your grandchild comes into the hospital with a ruptured appendix and the hospital can send him away to die because they don't think he can pay..
Well we can talk.
But the hospitalegally is forced to treat him regardless ...and I don't see you screaming " authoritarianism " at that.
Oh..and the supreme Court found obamacare constitutional which it is.
5. Actually ..way more so than a catastrophic policy. And the fact is..getting that care is often what prevents a person from having to become disabled.
Take you. Let's say you had a degenerative disc problem that caused sciatica down your leg.
Your insurance being a catastrophic coverage wouldn't cover the surgery and aftercare.
So you would be unable to work..and eventually apply for disability and spend tge rest of your if on the public dole.

Meanwhile a person on obamacare..can afford tge surgery and aftercare..gets surgery
.and goes back to work for the next 20 years.

I saw this play out before and after obamacare.

6. Bail is not set by income. So wealthy people get out even though being wealthy means they are more of a flight risk.

7. Provide ANY evidence that it came from the lab.!!!
You see your disconnect right? You are convinced it came from the lab with zero evidence.. yet discount tge AVAILABLE EVIDENCE that it came from the seafood market.

8. No. Frankly you have demonstrated that you are against science and against evidence over your own personal belief.
9. Nope I provide actual independent evidence whe you do not.
10.. actually I have the best available evidence..while you have belief.
11. See above. You claim to be influenced by science..but you deny that very science and cannot provide any evidence of your own and actually pointedly REFUSE to even study the matter. .

Proof is in the pudding..either you can provide evidence to back up your premise or you can't.
You can't.

Interesting mask have proven to be ineffective relative to preventing transmission of confirmed cases of the flu.

=============

A document published by the World Health Organisation in 2019 framed the results of these studies in no uncertain terms:

“there was no evidence that face masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza”.

It’s unsurprising, then, that when the CDC briefed reporters on the pandemic in February of 2020, masking was not even mentioned among the NPIs that might be deployed.

The UK government, too, stated early in 2020 that there was no evidence to support masking.

After the CDC and other agencies revised their guidance in April 2020, Dr. Anthony Fauci, by then a staunch advocate of masks, claimed that he and other officials had discouraged the public from obtaining masks to ensure there were adequate supplies for health care workers. Ever since, promoters of masking have cited Fauci’s “noble lie” to account for the abrupt reversal of prior guidance.

But as Miller notes, it was not just during the early months of the pandemic that officials said masks were ineffective. They had said so for years, and Fauci had advised against masks not just in public statements but in private emails in early 2020.

Interesting mask have proven to be ineffective relative to preventing transmission of confirmed cases of the flu.

=============

A document published by the World Health Organisation in 2019 framed the results of these studies in no uncertain terms:

“there was no evidence that face masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza”.

It’s unsurprising, then, that when the CDC briefed reporters on the pandemic in February of 2020, masking was not even mentioned among the NPIs that might be deployed.

The UK government, too, stated early in 2020 that there was no evidence to support masking.

After the CDC and other agencies revised their guidance in April 2020, Dr. Anthony Fauci, by then a staunch advocate of masks, claimed that he and other officials had discouraged the public from obtaining masks to ensure there were adequate supplies for health care workers. Ever since, promoters of masking have cited Fauci’s “noble lie” to account for the abrupt reversal of prior guidance.

But as Miller notes, it was not just during the early months of the pandemic that officials said masks were ineffective. They had said so for years, and Fauci had advised against masks not just in public statements but in private emails in early 2020.

Zerohedge

🤣

=============

So the question here is.
Are you incapable of understanding WHY AND FOR WHAT masks were not recommended..

Or do you understand but you want to continue to lie anyway. ?

So the question here is.
Are you incapable of understanding WHY AND FOR WHAT masks were not recommended..

Or do you understand but you want to continue to lie anyway. ?
Is there a point to all or that^^^^^^^^^^

Is there a point to all or that^^^^^^^^^^
Of course.
Do you know the difference between using a mask for protection
And a mask for source control?

Why do doctors wear masks? Maybe because they work... here comes all the stupid shit now.
=============

I have been saying this for over a year. Plenty of examples here at DP

Mask don’t work

——-

Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19​

The first ecological study of state mask mandates and their use to include data from the winter case spike has found that widespread mask-wearing likely didn’t slow the spread of COVID-19.

The study, conducted by the University of Louisville using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, found that “80% of US states mandated masks during the COVID-19 pandemic,” but while “mandates induced greater mask compliance, [they] did not predict lower growth rates when community spread was low (minima) or high (maxima).” The study also found that “mask mandates and use are not associated with lower SARS-CoV-2 spread among US states.”

The title mistates the report's conclusions and dailywire.com is not a reputable site anyway so no surprise.

In addition to that I can vouch, speaking for myself, that a KN-95 mask did indeed work for me as I was exposed to people who had covid, yet I did not get it but others that were not wearing masks did.

I noticed the study also did not differentiate between types of masks. We now know that cloth masks were least effective and many people who were fashion conscious tended to wear those and KN or N-95 masks were the most effective

From the study:

Results Case growth was not significantly different between mandate and non-mandate states at low or high transmission rates, and surges were equivocal. Mask use predicted lower case growth at low, but not high transmission rates. Growth rates were comparable between states in the first and last mask use quintiles adjusted for normalized total cases early in the pandemic and unadjusted after peak Fall-Winter infections. Mask use did not predict Summer 2020 case growth for non-Northeast states or Fall-Winter 2020 growth for all continental states.
Conclusions Mask mandates and use are not associated with slower state-level COVID-19 spread during COVID-19 growth surges. Containment requires future research and implementation of existing efficacious strategies.

1. And again if the majority of the party are RINO'S ( spellchecker stopped)..
That would mean they represent the majority of the party!
You are not getting it. The majority of republicans are conservative. The majority of republican congress critters are the RINOs. They just give lip service to conservatism during the campaign seasons, then cozy up to the democrats.
2. Possible because you had a crap policy that didn't cover crap..and if you had gotten seriously ill...the rest of us would have foot the bill.
is just asinine projection on your part. You have no earthly cllue what was covered in my policy. I had illnesses serious enough to require surgery including having an internal organ removed. Everything was covered. 3. No just factual. Of course they will rise..why would you expect they wouldn't rise with inflation?
Yet Obamacare was touted as "The Afordable Healthcare Act". Go figure! Instead of making heathcare more affordable, it resulted in increased cost on steroids.
4. 1. Nope..it reeks of being personally responsible. Now if you want to change the law so if your grandchild comes into the hospital with a ruptured appendix and the hospital can send him away to die because they don't think he can pay..
Well we can talk.
The law where patients could not be refused service predates obamacare. Nice try.
But the hospitalegally is forced to treat him regardless ...and I don't see you screaming " authoritarianism " at that.
Authoritariansim is the government telling you one, that you must purchase health insurance , and two, how much you must buy. Prior to the ACA, I was able to effectively shop around for health insurance. Obamacare is the government telling American citizens that they are too stupid to read contracts and make their own choices.
Oh..and the supreme Court found obamacare constitutional which it is.
Yes, one rogue Chief justice on his own changed the wording to make it appear constitutional. It is still not.
5. Actually ..way more so than a catastrophic policy. And the fact is..getting that care is often what prevents a person from having to become disabled.
Take you. Let's say you had a degenerative disc problem that caused sciatica down your leg.
Your insurance being a catastrophic coverage wouldn't cover the surgery and aftercare.
So you would be unable to work..and eventually apply for disability and spend tge rest of your if on the public dole.
Just more asinine projection.
Meanwhile a person on obamacare..can afford tge surgery and aftercare..gets surgery
.and goes back to work for the next 20 years.
Bullshit. The wealthy may can afford it, not the lower middle class or poor.
6. Bail is not set by income. So wealthy people get out even though being wealthy means they are more of a flight risk.
Income is taken into account. A wealthy individual faces a much higher bail.

7. Provide ANY evidence that it came from the lab.!!!
Why don't you provide evidence of a host animal.
You see your disconnect right? You are convinced it came from the lab with zero evidence.. yet discount tge AVAILABLE EVIDENCE that it came from the seafood market.
You really don't listen well, do yo? I am not 100% convinced either way. My expressed opinion is that it most likely was an accidental leak from the lab. Prove a specific host animal, andthat opinion will change.
8. No. Frankly you have demonstrated that you are against science and against evidence over your own personal belief.
More asinine projection. I love science, probably more then you claim to. I am just not a slave to individual scientists or studies. Some are biased or polityicised and some are disproven later. I have no idea of your age, however I am old enough to have witness new studies disprove older studies.. Climate change science is quite clearly biased and politicised.

You are not getting it. The majority of republicans are conservative. The majority of republican congress critters are the RINOs. They just give lip service to conservatism during the campaign seasons, then cozy up to the democrats.

Yet Obamacare was touted as "The Afordable Healthcare Act". Go figure! Instead of making heathcare more affordable, it resulted in increased cost on steroids.

The law where patients could not be refused service predates obamacare. Nice try.

Authoritariansim is the government telling you one, that you must purchase health insurance , and two, how much you must buy. Prior to the ACA, I was able to effectively shop around for health insurance. Obamacare is the government telling American citizens that they are too stupid to read contracts and make their own choices.

Yes, one rogue Chief justice on his own changed the wording to make it appear constitutional. It is still not.

Bullshit. The wealthy may can afford it, not the lower middle class or poor.

Income is taken into account. A wealthy individual faces a much higher bail.

Why don't you provide evidence of a host animal.

You really don't listen well, do yo? I am not 100% convinced either way. My expressed opinion is that it most likely was an accidental leak from the lab. Prove a specific host animal, andthat opinion will change.

More asinine projection. I love science, probably more then you claim to. I am just not a slave to individual scientists or studies. Some are biased or polityicised and some are disproven later. I have no idea of your age, however I am old enough to have witness new studies disprove older studies.. Climate change science is quite clearly biased and politicised.
1. You made the statement the party was made up of rinos.
2. Studies show that obamacare decreased the rate of increase in premiums rather dramatically.
3. Of course ridiculous dude..that's why you were fine with a catastrophic care policy..because even if you had no policy or a crappy policy..you got treated and stuck the rest of us with the bill.
Ibamacare helped prevent that by requiring people be responsible.
4. See above. Government tells me I have to treat patients regardless of their ability to pay. I don't see you running around screaming " authoritarianism"
Nope. You scream authoritarian because gosh the law makes people be responsible.
5. It is constitutional
6. You need to look up the word projection..you use it a lot but incorrectly.
7. Yeah the poor definitely afford it vecause they get expanded Medicare in most states and the middle class get subsidies. I year tons of patients that now have insurance that didn't prior to obamacare.
At the end of the day..after obamacare the percentage of people with insurance increased...that could not have happened if Obama made insurance unaffordable.
8. Not necessary to provide a host animal.
The evidence is clear enough.
9. Sure you are. You claim lab leak with zero evidence.
10. See above. Your full of crap. You obviously haven't read a dang bit of research on cobid nor climate change. You were challenged to review studies you read and you failed.

1. You made the statement the party was made up of rinos.

2. Studies show that obamacare decreased the rate of increase in premiums rather dramatically.

3. Of course ridiculous dude..that's why you were fine with a catastrophic care policy..because even if you had no policy or a crappy policy..you got treated and stuck the rest of us with the bill.

Ibamacare helped prevent that by requiring people be responsible.

Nope. You scream authoritarian because gosh the law makes people be responsible.

6. You need to look up the word projection..you use it a lot but incorrectly.

7. Yeah the poor definitely afford it vecause they get expanded Medicare in most states and the middle class get subsidies. I year tons of patients that now have insurance that didn't prior to obamacare.
Not every state agreed to expanding Medicaid(not medicare).
At the end of the day..after obamacare the percentage of people with insurance increased...that could not have happened if Obama made insurance unaffordable.
Yet nearly 30 million are still without health insurance. Go figure!

8. Not necessary to provide a host animal.
Hard to prove there is a host animal without providing such.
The evidence is clear enough.
Only a politicised individual would make such a claim.
9. Sure you are. You claim lab leak with zero evidence.
Again, you don't listen well. I never claimed 100% confidence of a lab leak. I am only expressing my belief that an accidental lab leak is the most likely scenario. It's you that is deadset that there was a host animal. I think you are afraid that the librul world will think you are stupid if you don't go along the politically accepted host animal scenario.
10. See above. Your full of crap. You obviously haven't read a dang bit of research on cobid nor climate change. You were challenged to review studies you read and you failed.
One, you are so into asine prjojection that you show no objectivity whatsoever. Two, I am not obligated to accept your challenges research or studies. I am not a climate scientist and neither are you. Whre we re different is I am not a slave to studies and research . You are. I have a filter that seperates the biased, politicized, and the outright quackery from serious scince. Much of the Climate science for instance is pure batshit crazy quackery. BTW, I am still witing for the global cooling that the quacks promised us in the 1970s.

Not every state agreed to expanding Medicaid(not medicare).

Yet nearly 30 million are still without health insurance. Go figure!

Hard to prove there is a host animal without providing such.

Only a politicised individual would make such a claim.

Again, you don't listen well. I never claimed 100% confidence of a lab leak. I am only expressing my belief that an accidental lab leak is the most likely scenario. It's you that is deadset that there was a host animal. I think you are afraid that the librul world will think you are stupid if you don't go along the politically accepted host animal scenario.

One, you are so into asine prjojection that you show no objectivity whatsoever. Two, I am not obligated to accept your challenges research or studies. I am not a climate scientist and neither are you. Whre we re different is I am not a slave to studies and research . You are. I have a filter that seperates the biased, politicized, and the outright quackery from serious scince. Much of the Climate science for instance is pure batshit crazy quackery. BTW, I am still witing for the global cooling that the quacks promised us in the 1970s.
Pooh.
Face it. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.
" not a slave to studies and research"..
Lol..
Translation " I haven't any actual knowledge about covid..climate or obamacare . Instead I just repeat what my right wing masters tell me. "..

You denigrate education and science saying . " they are biased ".. but when given the opportunity to review said research..and show where their methodology or conclusions are biased or faulty.???.
You can't do it. YOU CANT DO IT.

No you are not obligated to defend what you claim.
Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't.
Lmao.

Pooh.
Face it. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.
" not a slave to studies and research"..
Lol..
Yet more asinine projection.

Translation " I haven't any actual knowledge about covid..climate or obamacare . Instead I just repeat what my right wing masters tell me. "..
One does not need a PHD in Climate Science to recognize that There is considerable quackery in many if not most of the "man-made climate change research.

You denigrate education and science saying . " they are biased ".. but when given the opportunity to review said research..and show where their methodology or conclusions are biased or faulty.???.
You can't do it. YOU CANT DO IT.
False. I do not denigrate research and science. I just do not except 100% of all research and studies as the last word. Only an idiot would. For instance where is the global cooling e were promised in the 1970s? You do realize why they now refer to it as "climate change, don't you. It's because global colling and global warming did not quite work out.
No you are not obligated to defend what you claim.
Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't.
Lmao.
You are just butthurt that I disagree with you.

Yet more asinine projection.

One does not need a PHD in Climate Science to recognize that There is considerable quackery in many if not most of the "man-made climate change research.

False. I do not denigrate research and science. I just do not except 100% of all research and studies as the last word. Only an idiot would. For instance where is the global cooling e were promised in the 1970s? You do realize why they now refer to it as "climate change, don't you. It's because global colling and global warming did not quite work out.

You are just butthurt that I disagree with you.
Not butt hurt at all.
Just amused by your continue bs.
You've made all sorts of claims about research and covid..climate change ..obamacare..

But...you can't back up any of it.

When challenged to simply review a fee of the research you've claimed to have read..

You couldn't do it. ..it's that simple.
You sir are full of crap.

Not butt hurt at all.
Just amused by your continue bs.
You do seem to have a problem emotionally dealing with people who do not agree with you.
You've made all sorts of claims about research and covid..climate change ..obamacare..
Other then expressing my belief that Covid infections started witha lab leak, that man-made climate chsange contains alot of quackery, and Obanacare is an unconstitutional piece of shit, can you give examples?
When challenged to simply review a fee of the research you've claimed to have read..
Review a fee of research????????
You couldn't do it. ..it's that simple.
You sir are full of crap.

You do seem to have a problem emotionally dealing with people who do not agree with you.

Other then expressing my belief that Covid infections started witha lab leak, that man-made climate chsange contains alot of quackery, and Obanacare is an unconstitutional piece of shit, can you give examples?

Review a fee of research????????

Yawn..just mote of your grasping for anything to improve your lack if credibility.

Face it..you had your opportunity to defend your positions...to provide the critiques of the research you claimed to have read.
You can't do it.

Yawn..just mote of your grasping for anything to improve your lack if credibility.

Face it..you had your opportunity to defend your positions...to provide the critiques of the research you claimed to have read.
You can't do it.
With your projection and all, I'll let you have the last word. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom