• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#394]Judge rules Trump's efforts to overturn election likely criminal

The delusion is making the repeated absurd claim painting the thousands of peaceful protesters there that day as somehow tied to the intent of a handful of nutjobs who were in no way a threat to overhrow our government.
Handful? Did you say handful? You have mighty huge hands if they can hold a couple thousand nutjobs. Over 700 have been indicted/prosecuted and that is just part of the total number of thugs who attacked the Capitol and attempted to attack both Republican and Democratic congresspeople in addition to the VP.

Where do you get the “smoking gun” reference from?

The Hill's decision to sensationalize the title of their article.

Judge rules Trump's efforts to overturn election likely criminal​

He denounced it after he-or more likely his handlers-realized his earlier support for it was hurting his chances of being the Puppet in Chief

From my memory, he denounced it around the 3rd or 4th day.

Your hypothesis is just that - hypothesis; but the facts of the matter stand.

It's irrelevant. How many BLM rioters were wearing Biden shirts and rioting in his name?
don't know-when did he become the nominee compared to those riots? I believe it was at least a few weeks apart. How do you think most BLM protestors voted that fall-if they voted?

From my memory, he denounced it around the 3rd or 4th day.

Your hypothesis is just that - hypothesis; but the facts of the matter stand.
don't recall-what I do remember was him flip flopping on defunding the police. I also recall his denouncing the riots seemed a lot like some of the old IRA leaders denouncing bombings in London.

LOCK HIM UP, LOCK HIM UP, LOCK HIM UP☠️💀☠️

The delusion is making the repeated absurd claim painting the thousands of peaceful protesters there that day as somehow tied to the intent of a handful of nutjobs who were in no way a threat to overhrow our government.
Why do you keep bringing up protestors? The judge didn't say anything about any protestors.

You're free to show me where more than a handful of those 800 were charged with 'seditious conspiracy' or the like.

Your claim was to "peaceful protesters", as seen below. I'm disputing that, as 800+ have been indicted for crimes against the government.

What is the difference between that and the thousands of BLM protesters who were nonviolent? Protests, unfortunately, seem to have two factions, the peaceful protesters AND the violent, law breaking jerks. In both the events of the 6th AND the BLM protests we should all only be concerned with the actions of those who intend to do harm. They must not all, either side, be lumped into the same pile.

I completely agree with the bolded, but as I recall, you weren't exactly for the peaceful, non-violent protests of truckers and others recently in Canada...

Interesting.

I don't see the above ruling as a smoking gun...

At the end of the article the judge concluded,

"More than a year after the attack on our Capitol, the public is still searching for accountability," the judge wrote. "This case cannot provide it. The Court is tasked only with deciding a dispute over a handful of emails. This is not a criminal prosecution; this is not even a civil liability suit. At most, this case is a warning about the dangers of 'legal theories' gone wrong, the powerful abusing public platforms, and desperation to win at all costs."
That's what you find "interesting" about all this?

don't recall-what I do remember was him flip-flopping on defunding the police. I also recall his denouncing the riots seemed a lot like some of the old IRA leaders denouncing bombings in London.
You incorrectly recall Biden's opinion on "defund the police". He ever held any opinion other than fully funding police AND providing resources that would take some non-police work, like mental health experts, away from overburdened police.

I wish this administration would just get on with things, arrest Trump, charge him, find him guilty and have him hung in front of the Capitol. Then, maybe, we could move on to something more important like rounding up all his supporters and having them hung too. If we hang enough Trump supporters then, maybe, we can finally have freedom and democracy and everybody will feel good about themselves again...as long as nobody else gets out of line and has some rogue idea on what "freedom" entails.
While the hyperbole is somewhat amusing this is not a hunt for any and all Trump supporters. It is plain as day the man sought to undermine the electoral process and should be held accountable - whether that makes his fans feel ‘persecuted’ or not. This is exactly the problem with the cult mentality: any move against Trump is not a move against them all.

At the very least he ought to be disqualified from running again.

It's actually about the absurd double standard in the way the protests over the summer and the one on 1/6 were treated that's the issue but when the whole ****ing world is viewed through the prism of Trump I guess that's to be expected.
The absurd bit is your apparent inability to see the different goals of the different events.

He denounced it after he-or more likely his handlers-realized his earlier support for it was hurting his chances of being the Puppet in Chief
Please tell us more about his handlers and puppet masters. It gets really interesting when you dive into that conspiracy crap. You make some excellent points!

The judge ruled that ten of the documents in the subset were privileged and should be withheld, but ordered Eastman to turn over the other 101 records to congressional investigators.

"If Dr. Eastman and President Trump’s plan had worked, it would have permanently ended the peaceful transition of power, undermining American democracy and the Constitution," Carter continued. "If the country does not commit to investigating and pursuing accountability for those responsible, the Court fears January 6 will repeat itself."

Still a civil proceeding at this time.
Can't wait to see our trump fans come to his defense in this thread - like "it's a hoax"

The Hill's decision to sensationalize the title of their article.

Judge rules Trump's efforts to overturn election likely criminal​

“"The illegality of the plan was obvious," Carter, who was appointed by former President Clinton, wrote.”

Wow! No doubt there will be an appeal but clearly, the Judge saw something that was hugely disturbing in those documents. I don't understand how supposedly patriotic Americans are not demanding answers. Are Trumpers that far gone?
Yes, they are.

It's weird how a losing candidate can't legally attempt a coup in America. I wonder if it's like that in other countries.

I completely agree with the bolded, but as I recall, you weren't exactly for the peaceful, non-violent protests of truckers and others recently in Canada...
Well, then you recall incorrectly. I never at anytime expressed any feelings about the trucker's right to peacefully and legally protest. I happen to think protests should be both peaceful and legal. You are of course entitled to support illegal protests if you think that is OK.....

I wish this administration would just get on with things, arrest Trump, charge him, find him guilty and have him hung in front of the Capitol. Then, maybe, we could move on to something more important like rounding up all his supporters and having them hung too. If we hang enough Trump supporters then, maybe, we can finally have freedom and democracy and everybody will feel good about themselves again...as long as nobody else gets out of line and has some rogue idea on what "freedom" entails.
The Benghazi hearings droned on for 5 years. You have to give us a little more time to watch trump and his traitorous supporters twist in the wind. Fair is fair, c'mon!

Back
Top Bottom