• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#389: 420, 790]Texas elementary school reports 'active shooter' on campus

Anyone live in Texas and know the families?

It's simple yes or no, hypothetical question. Would you give up your guns to save 18 children's lives? As I said, answer it, or not. I don't really care.
Enjoy your evening.

While everyone is arguing, the death toll just went up... 21... EIGHTEEN CHILDREN and three adults..

Dead is dead and the left doesn't care about children deaths unless it fits their political agenda.
The swimming pool comparison bullshit is older than the hills. And the state (maybe some enlightened states) make laws about fencing, and other safety features of swimming pools. So if you like the comparison, perhaps you would like the state to pass some safety laws about your guns?

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Do away with every gun in the United States and people will still find a way to kill people. Bombs are very effective and thanks to the Internet easy to figure out how to make.
Of course guns kill people. Just like the Bible kills people. Guns and the Bible are tools to justify people's actions.

Remove those and people can't use them as a reason.

First, you have to convince us that peaceful people giving up their means of protection will stop child killing. The people you need to convince to give up their guns are the gang bangers and losers like the yahoo who killed these children. Millions of peaceful gun owners giving up their guns will not stop one loser from killing.
I don't have to convince you of anything. I said I'd give up my guns to save 20 children. Would you?

Will that stop the killing? What if a criminal knows you have a registered gun and decides to steal it from you. Then what?
I never said it would stop it.

Making cars get registered, licensed and insured doesn’t stop hit and runs, but it sure helps minimize them and bring the perp to justice.

Wouldn't outlawing drinkable alcohol accomplish this?
Why are you trying to make my question more complicated? It's simple. If someone came to my house and said, "GIve up your guns and 20 kids' lives would be saved", I'd do it in a heartbeat. How about you?

2 mass shootings in the past week Buffalo, NY and Texas.

Unfortunately once again GOP head to your corner with your absolutely nonsense a about guns are not the problem its the people.

Democrats head to your corner with your weakness and inability to connect with any idea with the American people on a personal level.

Independents just throw up a white towel. This is just normal part of American life as equal to Apple Pie.

What a sick sad world.

Why are you trying to make my question more complicated? It's simple. If someone came to my house and said, "GIve up your guns and 20 kids' lives would be saved", I'd do it in a heartbeat. How about you?
I sure would if I owned a firearm. In a heartbeat.

Moderator's Warning:
Fewer people can post in this thread, and I will happily increase that number. If your post is off topic, makes personal insults no matter how light, is general trolling, or just looks at me wrong, I will thread ban you in a heartbeat.

Let’s be honest, we’ve had a bit of a slow couple of decades when it’s come to major political reforms in general. It’s like we can’t get anything significant done.

I never said it would stop it.

Making cars get registered, licensed and insured doesn’t stop hit and runs, but it sure helps minimize them and bring the perp to justice.
What does cars have to do with a right to own a gun per the 2nd amendment?

Btw I thought the left hates rights taken away?

Of course guns kill people. Just like the Bible kills people. Guns and the Bible are tools to justify people's actions.

Remove those and people can't use them as a reason.

What does cars have to do with a right to own a gun per the 2nd amendment?

Btw I thought the left hates rights taken away?

Do you register to vote?

2 mass shootings in the past week Buffalo, NY and Texas.

Unfortunately once again GOP head to your corner with your absolutely nonsense a about guns are not the problem its the people.

Democrats head to your corner with your weakness and inability to connect with any idea with the American people on a personal level.

Independents just throw up a white towel. This is just normal part of American life as equal to Apple Pie.

What a sick sad world.
It absolutely can be. Especially on days like this.

Enjoy your evening.
Actually, I won't be able to because I am heartsick about the dead children. And nauseated that human beings on this board won't even consider giving up their guns to save children's lives. It's disgusting.

You really don't know that. Your guns could be stolen, or used by a disturbed family member. Most of the children who committed school shootings used the guns that belonged to someone else. Of course some parents bought weapons for their disturbed children also.
"Might". That's not the premise. The vast majority of guns never hurt anyone.

You really don't know that. Your guns could be stolen, or used by a disturbed family member. Most of the children who committed school shootings used the guns that belonged to someone else. Of course some parents bought weapons for their disturbed children also.
Rule one in life. You don't have to live your life to prevent others from committing crimes. When I drive down the street and have a green light, I have every right to believe that the people coming up on the red light will stop. If they don't it is on them not me. Same with everything else. If someone steals my car and uses it to commit crimes or kill, it is not my fault. I am not going to ride a bicycle so I can't contribute to car theft. I own and use my guns legally. That is all anyone can expect from me. That is as far as my liability goes.

Back
Top Bottom