• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#389: 420, 790]Texas elementary school reports 'active shooter' on campus

Does that mean you are going to post more bullshit, or that we are going to have more school shootings?
If you don't think terrorist are taking advantage of Biden's border and if you don't think they are watching gleefully the pain something like this causes America you are very wrong.

And they were not banned lol. And you’ve moved the goalposts again from “assault rifle” to “assault weapon”. They were just as available in 1992 as they were in 1974 and 2022.

This is what happens when you debate a topic you don’t know anything about. It’s time you put down the shovel.

LOL... Do you think the ATF was incorrect? Do you think the ATF gave a shit?

What would you suggest for the parents and grandparents who will lose their children in the next mass shooting?

Maybe it's time for something more proactive than "Sorry that's tragic I'll pray for you."

My point was that other societies, similar to ours, well acquainted with armies on their soil, see fit nowadays to control weapons.
Problem solved if you like their laws so much move there. See ya.

I'm going to guess that you have not experienced the death of your own child. I am sure that all those who have lost a child today will be thinking for the rest of their lives about this and about guns, but they have just experienced the impossible, and it will take a bit of time for them to process this nightmare that has forever changed their lives.
People who lose children in incidents like this should have no say in the matter, because they'll be biased by their own emotions over reasons and facts, much akin to other stupid people who have the self-loathe to comment on issues like this.

Just ban publicly advocating gun control, and throw the gun control advocates in prison - once they're out of the way, the remaining thinking people can have an intellectual discussion of the topic. :D

I'm going to guess that you have not experienced the death of your own child. I am sure that all those who have lost a child today will be thinking for the rest of their lives about this and about guns, but they have just experienced the impossible, and it will take a bit of time for them to process this nightmare that has forever changed their lives.
You got your answer and you’ve moved the goal posts to some nebulous and unknowable standard. If you didn’t want an answer you should have made that clear.

What would you suggest for the parents and grandparents who will lose their children in the next mass shooting?

Maybe it's time for something more proactive than "Sorry that's tragic I'll pray for you."
Just think of it as a late term abortion then you would have no problem with it. The other 60 million don't bother you.

I've never said this before but I've had enough.

This country needs a 100% ban on all guns for civilians. Everyone turns their shit in the ATF/FBI/Whoever by a certain date and after that anyone caught with a gun gets an automatic one-year jail sentence

After we go 5 years without a mass shooting maybe we can consider gun sales again.

18 innocent dead kids in one fell swoop. IDGAF about the beloved 2A
Or the 8th Amendment, or the Constitution.

By accepting guns we are accepting everything done with them, are we not?
We're going to "accept guns" whether you like it or not, and if you persist in advocating such idiocy, we're going to work to have you thrown in prison for your dangerous and antithetical views. How's that for an answer?

Just think of it as a late term abortion then you would have no problem with it. The other 60 million don't bother you.
It doesn't matter. Outlawing abortion is about criminalizing the taking of lives. Using guns to take lives is already illegal.

I knew it was Biden's fault!

It's still Biden's fault!
Biden's border is likely being breached by terrorists as we speak and it's just a matter of time until they make this school shooting look like a minor incident.

People who lose children in incidents like this should have no say in the matter, because they'll be biased by their own emotions over reasons and facts, much akin to other stupid people who have the self-loathe to comment on issues like this.

Just ban publicly advocating gun control, and throw the gun control advocates in prison - once they're out of the way, the remaining thinking people can have an intellectual discussion of the topic. :D
This comment is so dumb I almost want to 180 and advocate for banning all guns just to distance my positions from this stupidity.

And quite a few, like many of the surviving parents of Parkland, Sandy Hook, and other mass shootings beforehand, will dedicate their lives to asking politicians why nothing has been, is being, or will be done in the future to help solve this problem.

Because we elect leaders to address problems, not give empty platitudes during every crisis while doing absolutely nothing of substance.

That isn't going to happen tonight or tomorrow. You'll note that my question was about tonight.
I answered your question. As for whether it can’t happen today or tomorrow, that a choice. People have agency.

Or the 8th Amendment, or the Constitution.
Like I said, IDGAF. 18 dead kids, nahh, we don't need to do anything drastic! It will be fine. smdh.

No, it’s reality.
People have agency, unless you believe there is an omnipotent force making people manufacture and buy guns.

I agree with you but do not know what it has to do with my post unless you read my post out of context.

This comment is so dumb I almost want to 180 and advocate for banning all guns just to distance my positions from this stupidity.
Right, and hopefully we'll be able to have you thrown in prison for advocating such. :D

I've never said this before but I've had enough.

This country needs a 100% ban on all guns for civilians. Everyone turns their shit in the ATF/FBI/Whoever by a certain date and after that anyone caught with a gun gets an automatic one-year jail sentence

After we go 5 years without a mass shooting maybe we can consider gun sales again.

18 innocent dead kids in one fell swoop. IDGAF about the beloved 2A
With each new mass murder, and each ineffective and limp response from the right to them I am more inclined to agree with a ban on nearly all private ownership.

And I own a Glock and a Mossberg. This madness (and the impotent response to it) is pushing me to that opinion.

Back
Top Bottom