• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#389: 420, 790]Texas elementary school reports 'active shooter' on campus

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Texas elementary school reports 'active shooter' on campus​

The district advised people to stay away from Robb Elementary School.

Authorities are on scene at an "active shooter" incident at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, the school district said.

The Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District said the shooter was located at Robb Elementary and asked people to stay away from the area.

"There is an active shooter at Robb Elementary," the school district said on Twitter. "Law enforcement is on site. Your cooperation is needed at this time by not visiting the campus. As soon as more information is gathered it will be shared."

snip

Ill try to update as I get info.

Authorities are on scene at an "active shooter" incident at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, the school district said.

The Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District said the shooter was located at Robb Elementary and asked people to stay away from the area.

"There is an active shooter at Robb Elementary," the school district said on Twitter. "Law enforcement is on site. Your cooperation is needed at this time by not visiting the campus. As soon as more information is gathered it will be shared."

snip

Jesus Christ.

Will this ever stop happening?

Yes, it will. After each one of our nation's elementary, middle and high schools are turned into fortresses with armed guards at every entrance and exit along with weapons searches and metal detectors for all entrants.

snip

Did you even read your article?
"A school official clarified to ABC News that the shooting took place off campus, but Robb Elementary School is under lockdown."

Per the updates - there was no shooting on the campus. The school is under lockdown because an armed person is there following a shooting elsewhere.

Per the updates - there was no shooting on the campus. The school is under lockdown because an armed person is there following a shooting elsewhere.
Glad to hear everything is okay. Have any of you personally have had your children under lockdown for active shooter before? I have twice now and it's a horrible experience.

snip

Oh well.
Will this ever stop happening?

it's there constitutional right to slaughter children.
probably why they are against choice in abortion matters.
This is what trumpism life is in America now. Nothing we can do.

No. But other countries seem to have gotten these events down to a few a decade at worst, instead of a couple a year. I think that is a realistic goal.
Other countries... so what are we doing wrong?

No. But other countries seem to have gotten these events down to a few a decade at worst, instead of a couple a year. I think that is a realistic goal.
The residents of other countries prefer knives over guns.

snip

It's at times like this I wish there was someone to pray to.

Did you even read your article?
"A school official clarified to ABC News that the shooting took place off campus, but Robb Elementary School is under lockdown."
Thank God. However, the kids could still be in danger by stray gunfire.

Glad to hear everything is okay. Have any of you personally have had your children under lockdown for active shooter before? I have twice now and it's a horrible experience.
I don’t remember lockdown drills being a thing until I was in high school, but bomb threats weren’t unusual in middle school and we did go into lockdown once because some creepy kid decided to plant homemade pipe bombs.

The residents of other countries prefer knives over guns.

That is why Chinese elementary security security guards are armed with man-catchers to prevent a knifeman from closing the distance between either the security guard or the children.

1653416322514.jpeg

I don’t remember lockdown drills being a thing until I was in high school, but bomb threats weren’t unusual in middle school and we did go into lockdown once because some creepy kid decided to plant homemade pipe bombs.
They made us when little to get under our desks in the case a nuke was dropped. SMH
That was the only drill and well the normal fire drills.

Thank God. However, the kids could still be in danger by stray gunfire.

If there was one thing I would want in a national infrastructure package, it would be to fortify and better-secure our schools across the country and give money to counties and municipalities to hire campus police and/or sheriff's deputies to guard schools. Or simply build new schools that are more secure and less subject to a random Adam Lanza or Nikolas Cruz-like shooter from coming onto campus to murder our children en masse.

Last edited:
Knife possession and stabbings are a huge problem at schools in the UK.
There were 17,284 homicides in the US in 2017, giving a rate of 5.3 per 100,000. In Britain, there were 785 in financial year 2017/18 — the nearest equivalent time period — giving a rate of 1.8 per 100,000, some three times lower.

Within this, there were 285 knife murders in England and Wales in 2017/18 — the highest number since the Second World War — and 34 in Scotland, giving a combined British rate of 0.48 per 100,000. In the US, the number for 2017 was 1,591, giving an almost identical rate of 0.49. So even amid a spike in British knife crime, Americans as a whole are at least as likely as to die from a stabbing.

Back
Top Bottom