• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:378] Home Intruder Clings To Life After Being Shot In Head By Young Dad Protecting His Family

An intruder came into someone's house, the homeowner had zero experience on how to use a weapon as a deterrent, panicked and fired a bunch of wild shots. That's what happened. This homeowner had no balls.

An intruder came into someone's house, the homeowner had zero experience on how to use a weapon as a deterrent, panicked and fired a bunch of wild shots. That's what happened.
Hopefully the intruder learned his lesson and if he recovers and gets out of jail he will not make the same poor choices agian.

I have three. Two are conditioned to crap in areas away from the house. (We have one acre) The newbie is the problem. And she is a crap machine. I can't imagine 10.

I doubt an acre would cut that mustard. We're talking retention pond.

Hopefully the intruder learned his lesson and if he recovers and gets out of jail he will not make the same poor choices agian.

You know...I have been over the article a few times; there is nothing to indicate what the homeowners experience level with firearms is...I dont know how the poster arrived at this assumption beyond pure conjecture.

I wasn't there, and I dont know the homeowner, so I am in no way qualified to speculate on his abilities aside from the fact the intruder was stopped.

An intruder came into someone's house, the homeowner had zero experience on how to use a weapon as a deterrent, panicked and fired a bunch of wild shots. That's what happened. This homeowner had no balls.

Ignorant opinion noted. Panicking usually leads to missing the target. They weren't "wild".

What would you have done? He has already forced entry. Home invasion. Now he is threatening the wife. Now he motions to his pocket.

Give us the dave8383 sure fire way of stopping the crackhead.

You know...I have been over the article a few times; there is nothing to indicate what the homeowners experience level with firearms is...I dont know how the poster arrived at this assumption beyond pure conjecture.

I wasn't there, and I dont know the homeowner, so I am in no way qualified to speculate on his abilities aside from the fact the intruder was stopped.

Five hits indicates some level of capability.

Cops have emptied magazines without hitting anything intended.

Firstly there is the ethical problem of disproportionality. While some criminals do commit horrific crimes, homeowner vigilantism is clearly not the answer.

Even if one disregards the ethical problem, there is then the functional problem of perverse incentives. Applying the death penalty to rapists for instance may lead to perpetrators killing their victims to prevent witnesses. Another example would be armies who execute POWs will deter enemy soldiers from surrendering in the first place. Likewise, killing thieves might lead to escalation and petty criminals committing murder as seen in the link below.

Armed Intruder Who Shot Homeowner Argues ‘Stand Your Ground’ Defense – ThinkProgress

Five hits in a confined area, without even receiving returned fire, and no killing shot indicates no idea what he was doing.

The incident will doubtless be listed as an instance where defensive use of firearms "saved lives".

Experience.

So, you have engaged in fire fights before?

Tell us about your combat or gun fighting experience and how you handled it.

So you don't even know the difference between a shooting that takes place outside in an open area and a shooting in a confined area like a house?

Oh, I might have had the experience once or twice.

Then why don't you know the difference?

Im sure you believe this train of thought you are on has a final destination, so why dont you spare us the 20 questions and get to it?

You are the "experienced" one here, right?

Tell us in your own words how this should have gone down....we are all listening.

Back
Top Bottom