• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:378] Home Intruder Clings To Life After Being Shot In Head By Young Dad Protecting His Family

LOL

That's got to be the most absurd scenario I've ever heard. Let me know when you have an actual argument.

Well it's not a scenario it's a hypothetical.

I noticed you didn't answer it all you did was harrumph about it.

This is telling, it means you know guns serve a purpose and you don't want to acknowledge it

No you're not. There's some 50 million gun owners in the country. Just by possessing those firearms they are protecting themselves.

If we're going by just who gets shot then that's dishonest. you can defend yourself with a gun without ever shooting anybody I've done it multiple times. Frankly I do it everyday.
Suuuuure you do

By the way, I don't own a gun, I'm not a young whippersnapper, and somehow I manage to not get mugged or assaulted 200 times a day. Care to explain how that's possible?

Oh, and thanks for illustrating the flaws of the self-reporting method.

15 year old accidentally killed himself cleaning his gun:
Memorial snowmobile ride to be held Saturday for Medway teen killed in accidental shooting

Teen babysitter shot her nephew while taking a selfie
Houston-area babysitter accused of shooting nephew while taking selfie - StarTribune.com

Firearms instructor accidentally shot while teaching gun safety
Man teaching firearms, Saginaw woman injured in accidental shooting

Just yesterday: One man accidentally killed another man while cleaning his gun
Deadly shooting in Tamaqua | wnep.com

There was another accidental shooting in North Carolina
Person injured in accidental shooting in High Point | myfox8.com

There were 5 accidental shooting on 2/25, eight accidental shootings on 2/23... the list, sadly, goes on.
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/accidental-shooting

Maybe next time, you should think more broadly about whether guns actually wind up making people safer.

Exactly

There is a built in bias in their data which they correctly acknowledge
"GVA can ONLY list incidents which can be verified."

Since all gun violence deaths are reported to the police but not all gun defenses are reported the data is automatically biased. Their collection of the data is correct but the use of it is not.
So they are biased because... they list incidents where there is proof that something happened? How is that a bad thing?

I mean, really. CLAX seems to live in a fantasy world where he deters multiple muggings per day by carrying a firearm. Should that count?

The Fledermaus method worked.

What is the Dave8383 method of dealing with the situation noted earlier with the home invading crackhead?

The opposite of the Fledermaus method of dealing with the situation noted earlier with the home-invading crackhead.

The opposite of the Fledermaus method of dealing with the situation noted earlier with the home-invading crackhead.

More avoidance.

Interesting. It is as if you are clueless as to what to do.

Once more. What would you have done in this situation.

"The opposite of the Fledermaus method" is a pathetic and cowardly response. It really is.

Suuuuure you do

By the way, I don't own a gun, I'm not a young whippersnapper, and somehow I manage to not get mugged or assaulted 200 times a day. Care to explain how that's possible?
Yes, people with guns defend you. The possibility that you might defend yourself exists because of people who are armed. So guns even keep you safe. Thank a gun owner you owe them that.
Oh, and thanks for illustrating the flaws of the self-reporting method.
How many people out there don't try to do anything to me because there is the possibility they might suffer a gunshot wound? That's all guns keeping us safer.

So they are biased because... they list incidents where there is proof that something happened? How is that a bad thing?

I mean, really. CLAX seems to live in a fantasy world where he deters multiple muggings per day by carrying a firearm. Should that count?

Yes. That should absolutely count. That's how armed people keep us safe.

People that aren't suicidal don't want to die. So the option to use lethal force stops most criminals that aren't suicidal and the use of lethal force can stop those that are suicidal.

I remember in police academy the first and most effective use of force was uniformed presence.

If instead of wetting your pants about my hypothetical you should have thought about it.

"The Fledermaus method" is a pathetic and cowardly response. It really is.

Please explain the "logic" behind your pronouncement since you have no clue what the "Fledermaus method" would be.

And why are you taking the cowards way out?

You kept opining about the shooting (displaying an appalling lack of logic in some claims) yet you can't give a logical alternative.

Back
Top Bottom