• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:378] Home Intruder Clings To Life After Being Shot In Head By Young Dad Protecting His Family

Stupidity is just pulling the trigger because you have no balls.

Stupidity is breaking into someones home he is the one that set all this in motion and he is the one paying the price for his actions.

I do hope he makes a full recovery so he can spend a few years in jail and hopefully come out a better person and productive member of society.

First
Mr. Bowne then makes a move like he’s going into his front pocket and the homeowner fires several times.

Second link
Hearsay

Burkes says the thieves struck again around 2 a.m. on Tuesday. They climbed through a back window and he says they tried to get into his bedroom. Burkes says they started asking him where his money was.

He began pushing against the door to keep them out but when they started threatening him, he took action.

"I reach and got my shotgun ..." Burkes said.

He had every right to be afraid

Third link
ound 3:30 a.m. at the restaurant near the intersection of Powers Boulevard and Galley Road. Police said an off-duty officer was in the drive-thru when a man approached and said he had a gun. The officer fired at least one shot, hitting and killing the man.

No justification, at least none I can see in the article.

last article
Mina said around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday a man who had been attempting to break into numerous homes used an ax to break through the deputy's door.
Advertisement

The Sheriff's Office said the deputy, who was at home with her children and in fear for her life, shot the man multiple times but he still got in.
You can have my possessions, but you attack spouse or pet, I would react the same.
Different circumstances, different assessments

Yeah. Nothing about a threat other than the intruders presence. You can stop the assumptions anytime.

Mr. Bowne then makes a move like he’s going into his front pocket and the homeowner fires several times.

What would you have done? He has already forced entry. Home invasion. Now he is threatening the wife. Now he motions to his pocket.

Give us the dave8383 sure fire way of stopping the crackhead.

Stupidity is just pulling the trigger because you have no balls.

No stupidity is not protecting yourself and family. Why are you so concerned with how someone else peotected himself inside his home?

What would you have done? He has already forced entry. Home invasion. Now he is threatening the wife. Now he motions to his pocket.

Like he's going into his front pocket? What'd he do scratch his belly?

In lefties heads they think they will use kah-rah-tay...in reality we have a word for those types....its called victims. Just look at how butthurt he is over the homeowner protecting himself and family inside his own home.

Last edited:
No stupidity is not protecting yourself and family. Why are you so concerned with how someone else peotected himself inside his home?

When people have no skin in the game its easy to be cavalier about the safety of someone elses family......when you have all the time in the world to review decisions instead of seconds to act in defense of yourself and family, you can afford to be an armchair warrior with perfect 20/20 hindsight.

You can always sit on the other side of a computer monitor in safety and say "This is what I would have done"..or, "He should have done this....".:roll:

From the article in the OP:

The 39-year-old was taken by helicopter to the hospital after sustaining gunshot wounds to the head, bicep, shoulder, and left leg at 4:45 AM on Monday morning.

Great shooting. He had to shoot the guy 5 times.

Like he's going into his front pocket? What'd he do scratch his belly?

Don't panic.

Back
Top Bottom