• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:378] Home Intruder Clings To Life After Being Shot In Head By Young Dad Protecting His Family

What a hero. He shot an unarmed drug addict.
That had no right being where he was and especially at that time of day. So the homeowner has ESP and knew the intruder was a drug addict and an unarmed one at that?

Yes, but the position of the gun control lobby is:-

1. By allowing the "good" guy to have a gun you also allow the "bad" guy to get a gun

2. If guns were banned, there would be little or no need for the "good" guy.

I was under the impression that the bad guys got their guns at gun shows. Hence the almighty gun how loophole.
You hold on to that "little need" and hope it you never need one.

15 year old accidentally killed himself cleaning his gun:
Memorial snowmobile ride to be held Saturday for Medway teen killed in accidental shooting

Teen babysitter shot her nephew while taking a selfie
Houston-area babysitter accused of shooting nephew while taking selfie - StarTribune.com

Firearms instructor accidentally shot while teaching gun safety
Man teaching firearms, Saginaw woman injured in accidental shooting

Just yesterday: One man accidentally killed another man while cleaning his gun
Deadly shooting in Tamaqua | wnep.com

There was another accidental shooting in North Carolina
Person injured in accidental shooting in High Point | myfox8.com

There were 5 accidental shooting on 2/25, eight accidental shootings on 2/23... the list, sadly, goes on.
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/accidental-shooting

Maybe next time, you should think more broadly about whether guns actually wind up making people safer.

No need they do.

Answer this question for me if I had a big old stack of money sitting at my feet and you wanted to steal it. Would you be more or less likely to steal it if I had a shotgun pointed at your face then if I didn't?

Not many. The NRA's favorite numbers on that are vastly overinflated, as they rely heavily on self-reporting. E.g. Kleck's numbers suggest that hundreds of thousands of aggressors were shot by defenders, yet obviously nowhere near that number shows up in any hospital records or anywhere else.

E.g. in most years, there are 1500-2000 defensive gun uses -- and 1600-2200 unintentional shootings. Meaning you're just as likely to harm yourself or an innocent bystander as you are to protect yourself. That's not exactly a slam dunk for defensive gun use.
Gun Violence Archive
What is the source of self defense stats?

Not many. The NRA's favorite numbers on that are vastly overinflated, as they rely heavily on self-reporting. E.g. Kleck's numbers suggest that hundreds of thousands of aggressors were shot by defenders, yet obviously nowhere near that number shows up in any hospital records or anywhere else.

E.g. in most years, there are 1500-2000 defensive gun uses -- and 1600-2200 unintentional shootings. Meaning you're just as likely to harm yourself or an innocent bystander as you are to protect yourself. That's not exactly a slam dunk for defensive gun use.
Gun Violence Archive

Keep up with it. Ever hear how many are counted by the mere presence of a firearm?

Gun Violence Archive
No you're not. There's some 50 million gun owners in the country. Just by possessing those firearms they are protecting themselves.

If we're going by just who gets shot then that's dishonest. you can defend yourself with a gun without ever shooting anybody I've done it multiple times. Frankly I do it everyday.

Last edited:
A man who broke into an Alabama home is clinging to life after sustaining a gunshot to the head by the homeowner who was protecting his family. This is another 2A success story where a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy. And today, the homeowner’s wife and young child are alive and safe.
Charles Virgil Bowne lives in the same neighborhood as the home that he broke into. The 39-year-old was taken by helicopter to the hospital after sustaining gunshot wounds to the head, bicep, shoulder, and left leg at 4:45 AM on Monday morning.

Home Intruder Clings To Life After Being Shot In Head By Young Dad Protecting His Family

In Arkansas...

80-year-old Arkansas man shoots teen breaking into his home ; A burglary suspect is recovering after being shot while another is on the run after they tried to break into a man's house twice.Thieves broke into 80-year-old Fred Burkes' home two nights in a row.
80-year-old Arkansas man shoots teen breaking into his home

In Colorado...

Off-duty officer shoots, kills man outside Colorado Springs Carl’s Jr.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A man is dead after a shooting in the drive-thru area of a Colorado Springs Carl’s Jr. Thursday morning.
Police said the shooting happened around 3:30 a.m. at the restaurant near the intersection of Powers Boulevard and Galley Road. Police said an off-duty officer was in the drive-thru when a man approached and said he had a gun. The officer fired at least one shot, hitting and killing the man.

Off-duty officer shoots, kills man outside Colorado Springs Carl’s Jr. | FOX31 Denver

In Florida...

APOPKA, Fla. —
An off-duty deputy shot a man multiple times as the man broke into her Apopka home with an ax, Orange County Sheriff John Mina said.
Mina said around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday a man who had been attempting to break into numerous homes used an ax to break through the deputy's door.
The Sheriff's Office said the deputy, who was at home with her children and in fear for her life, shot the man multiple times but he still got in.
The deputy struggled with the man and was able to handcuff him, when more deputies arrived to the scene

Deputy shoots ax-wielding intruder breaking into her Apopka home, sheriff says

It's always a good thing when a fastidious home owner "takes out the trash".

That had no right being where he was and especially at that time of day. So the homeowner has ESP and knew the intruder was a drug addict and an unarmed one at that?

I would suggest this homeowner was likely untrained, and inexperienced, in the use of deadly force.

Some people know how to use a firearm as a deterrent without firing it, others don't.

Some people make ASSumptions....

Sheriff Bill Franklin painted a picture that Bowne broke into the home to rob the young family. Instead, the wannabe thief was greeted with gunfire. He picked the wrong house.

“I got a young couple in their 20s; daddy, momma and a young child at home when daddy hears a commotion in the front of the house,” Sheriff Franklin reports. “He arms himself with a 9 mm handgun and goes to investigate. He sees Mr. Bowne standing in the living room and Mr. Bowne tells him ‘Give me you (stuff).’ Mr. Bowne then makes a move like he’s going into his front pocket and the homeowner fires several times.

What would YOU have done?

Some people make ASSumptions....

Sheriff Bill Franklin painted a picture that Bowne broke into the home to rob the young family. Instead, the wannabe thief was greeted with gunfire. He picked the wrong house.

“I got a young couple in their 20s; daddy, momma and a young child at home when daddy hears a commotion in the front of the house,” Sheriff Franklin reports. “He arms himself with a 9 mm handgun and goes to investigate. He sees Mr. Bowne standing in the living room and Mr. Bowne tells him ‘Give me you (stuff).’ Mr. Bowne then makes a move like he’s going into his front pocket and the homeowner fires several times.

What would YOU have done?

Greeted with gunfire? In other words, he might not have had to shoot.

Greeted with gunfire? In other words, he might not have had to shoot.

Had the little **** not broken into the house then the homeowner wouldn't have had to shoot. The kid broke into the wrong house and paid the price for his stupidity.

Had the little **** not broken into the house then the homeowner wouldn't have had to shoot. The kid broke into the wrong house and paid the price for his stupidity.

Stupidity is just pulling the trigger because you have no balls.

Back
Top Bottom