• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:369]Kavanaugh accused of more unwanted sexual contact by former classmate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump and all the GOP Senators who commented before remembering to circle the wagons found her credible. But then they remembered that they hated Democrats more than they loved the truth, and suddenly they decided that she was..."inconsistent."
What was it that Biden said about truth and facts? I'm not sure Dems would know either if they were staring right at them.

A few takeaways:

1)The nation owes Dr. Ford an apology.
2)An investigation needs to be opened immediately into why the FBI did not do the job that Trump officials claimed was taking place.
3)A likely sexual predator now has a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court.
4)Kavanaugh needs to be impeached at the first opportunity. Resigning is out of the question because that would require a moral compass of some kind, and let's face it, the GOP is all out of moral compasses.

1) Why?
2) Why hasn't Ford pressed charges?
2) strawman
4) Examine your own moral compass before casting stones

Yes... They were tied to the investigation of Dr. Ford's allegation.... Yep.

What do you IMAGINE would have been found in regards to Dr. Ford's allegation.

Guess we will never know, considering the investigation was blocked.

LOL-I am not one who started this thread and lets not pretend any of you Kavanot types are either impartial or actually able to understand how lousy the "witnesses were"

What we know is that it was falsely claimed the FBI conducted an investigation. Also, neither Ford nor the sources in the latest NYTimes article were lousy witnesses. That the person who thinks this also hopes that Kavanaugh "will use his power to get even with those who trolled lies about him" should tell you something about the judgment of the person holding that opinion.

what is the excuse for the current "I didn't remember it until now"

Needs money?
wants publicity?

Your second two questions are the answers to your first question, but definitely not in the way that you'd like to think they are.

What was it that Biden said about truth and facts? I'm not sure Dems would know either if they were staring right at them.

Boy, you're certainly the little whataboutism factory, aren't you?

Oh great. Turtle is giving us his resume again.

Has he called her “two door Ford” yet?

Evidently he went to some university...

What we know is that it was falsely claimed the FBI conducted an investigation. Also, neither Ford nor the sources in the latest NYTimes article were lousy witnesses. That the person who thinks this also hopes that Kavanaugh "will use his power to get even with those who trolled lies about him" should tell you something about the judgment of the person holding that opinion.

Your second two questions are the answers to your first question, but definitely not in the way that you'd like to think they are.

Perhaps... Just maybe..... It is possible.... That the FBI saw no credence in the claim.

the democrats tried every dirty trick in the book. Except for one poster, I don't remember a single Kavanot poster admitting that some of the crap was beyond idiotic-like that slut who claimed that she went -as a college woman-to HIGH SCHOOL rape parties time after time until she was RAPED-but she cannot remember ANYONE-not the people who were "raped", not the people she was "Raped" by, but she remembered Kavanaugh. Except for one poster, the rest of you never called BS on that-proving to me you didn't care what the truth was, as long as your side could win.

You all lost. Period. Get over it

Boy, you're certainly the little whataboutism factory, aren't you?
Still liking your responses. Look forward to more of the same.

the democrats tried every dirty trick in the book. Except for one poster, I don't remember a single Kavanot poster admitting that some of the crap was beyond idiotic-like that slut who claimed that she went -as a college woman-to HIGH SCHOOL rape parties time after time until she was RAPED-but she cannot remember ANYONE-not the people who were "raped", not the people she was "Raped" by, but she remembered Kavanaugh. Except for one poster, the rest of you never called BS on that-proving to me you didn't care what the truth was, as long as your side could win.

You all lost. Period. Get over it

Yup, nothing biased about your behavior whatsoever. You are the picture of collected calm and cool rationality.

Perhaps... Just maybe..... It is possible.... That the FBI saw no credence in the claim.

Except where the FBI called Ramirez credible.

We also uncovered a previously unreported story about Mr. Kavanaugh in his freshman year that echoes Ms. Ramirez’s allegation. A classmate, Max Stier, saw Mr. Kavanaugh with his pants down at a different drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student. Mr. Stier, who runs a nonprofit organization in Washington, notified senators and the F.B.I. about this account, but the F.B.I. did not investigate and Mr. Stier has declined to discuss it publicly. (We corroborated the story with two officials who have communicated with Mr. Stier.)

Ms. Ramirez’s legal team gave the F.B.I. a list of at least 25 individuals who may have had corroborating evidence. But the bureau — in its supplemental background investigation — interviewed none of them, though we learned many of these potential witnesses tried in vain to reach the F.B.I. on their own.

Two F.B.I. agents interviewed Ms. Ramirez, telling her that they found her “credible.” But the Republican-controlled Senate had imposed strict limits on the investigation. “‘We have to wait to get authorization to do anything else,’” Bill Pittard, one of Ms. Ramirez’s lawyers, recalled the agents saying. “It was almost a little apologetic.”

Brett Kavanaugh Fit In With the Privileged Kids. She Did Not. - The New York Times

Blocked?

Incorrect.

It was limited to Dr. Ford's allegation.

Fishing trip neither required nor desired.....

Lets see

FBI SA: Dr. Ford-when were you groped

Ford: oh maybe 35 or 36 years ago

FBI SA: where did it take place

Ford: some house within a 30 minute drive of where I live

FBI SA: who owned it

Ford: no idea

FBI SA: who was there

Ford: (names several names)

FBI SA: none of them remember anything like that-not even your best friend

Ford: well I was there

FBI SA: how did you get there-you weren't old enough to drive

Ford: I don't remember

FBI SA: how did you return home

FBI SA: now you claimed you ran out of the house-did you call someone before you left

In other words, wtf was the FBI supposed to investigate?

Yup, nothing biased about your behavior whatsoever. You are the picture of collected calm and cool rationality.

The facts are on our side, not the Kavanot cabal's

Even as he was being seated, there were multiple ethics violation cases open against Kavanaugh, but they were all dismissed because, hey, he was on the Supreme Court and so the people conducting the investigations no longer had any jurisdiction over him.

A few takeaways:

1)The nation owes Dr. Ford an apology.
2)An investigation needs to be opened immediately into why the FBI did not do the job that Trump officials claimed was taking place.
3)A likely sexual predator now has a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court.
4)Kavanaugh needs to be impeached at the first opportunity. Resigning is out of the question because that would require a moral compass of some kind, and let's face it, the GOP is all out of moral compasses.

Forget the sexual stuff, there's more than enough ethical violations in his past, plus the fact that he's an unrepentant and unreformed alcoholic, that's more than enough, IF that stuff gets investigated properly.

This obsession with sexual stuff which is unfortunately long dead due to statutes of limitations will go nowhere.
At least with the ethical stuff and him being a raging drunk, it might go the Abe Fortas route, where Kav resigns.

Even as he was being seated, there were multiple ethics violation cases open against Kavanaugh, but they were all dismissed because, hey, he was on the Supreme Court and so the people conducting the investigations no longer had any jurisdiction over him.

This all feels very familiar.

Sure, the President committed obstruction of justice, but you can't indict a sitting president so wakka wakka!

Guess we will never know, considering the investigation was blocked.

Exactly. The WH gave the FBI a list of 8...I think...people they were "allowed" to interview. Not one of those people were on the list of those whom Dr. Ford said could corroborate her story. Not one. Dr. Ford herself was not on that list, and the FBI never interviewed her. The interviews of those who the WH "allowed" took less than 3 days. Three ****ing days.

Add to that Lindsey Graham's dismal theatrics as he tossed out the "lawyer" who'd questioned Dr. Ford and when Kavanaugh was back threw questions like he was Kav's personal lawyer doing a direct examination, testifying through those questions, making statements and a closing argument, then gaveling the hearing closed.

It's that "investigation" that should be investigated... except that the WH and the DOJ will continue to obstruct, block, and corruptly control that "investigation" too. The extent of obstruction and corruption will probably not be revealed in my lifetime; but eventually it will be revealed, and I hope that steps will be taken to keep this kind of authoritarian slap in the face of our constitutional republic from ever happening again.

When did the supposed assault occur?

The alleged date on his calendar-another person testified that was his house, and it was 7 miles from the club where Ford suggested she had been swimming. And he denied it to and her story was not consistent with the location of his home etc.

The alleged date on his calendar-another person testified that was his house, and it was 7 miles from the club where Ford suggested she had been swimming. And he denied it to and her story was not consistent with the location of his home etc.

Not asking you.

Superfly appears well versed in Dr. Ford's allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom