• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:369]Kavanaugh accused of more unwanted sexual contact by former classmate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its fair to ask the fbi how they handled the allegation and if there is evidence that merits looking into this further it should happen. What isnt fair is for people to start dogpiling on claiming he is guility of anything.

Secondly according to the allegation if true it was crass behavior by a kid in college but hardly the crime of the century, lets keep this in perspective unless democrats are prepared to be held to this same standad they are trying to set.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How can he be proven guilty if the hands of the investigators were tied from day one?

I certainly hope so.
Let me see. Didn't they have both the accused and accuser appear before a panel of (mostly) lawyers questioning both? And after all was said and done they couldn't prove anything?

So correct me if I'm wrong -- is this thread only for those who want to condemn Kavanaugh?

The belly aching over Kavanaugh on this board was acute but not nearly as chronic as the TDS. The best were the people who claimed they had been victims of abusive men-( be it rape, assault, or as trivial as being "dumped") and if you supported Kavanaugh, you were DENYING that these women had been abused.

I find it really hilarious that this issue was on the front page of almost every paper about a year ago, and this idiot comes forward now-was he in a coma or being held in a Soviet prison? Or did he do some new type of shroom that allowed him to remember something that he didn't think of when this matter was the #1 topic in the USA?

As you decisively proved during the Kavanaugh hearings, you have no clue what sexual assault does to the mind of the survivor.

It is pure cruelty to demand that a survivor come forth during a narrow, prescribed time window and reveal their trauma for the whole world to see. It is the survivor's choice when to come forward, period.

The belly aching over Kavanaugh on this board was acute but not nearly as chronic as the TDS. The best were the people who claimed they had been victims of abusive men-( be it rape, assault, or as trivial as being "dumped") and if you supported Kavanaugh, you were DENYING that these women had been abused.

Are you going to explain the current allegation or not? This thread has been filled with these kinds of deflection games.

Do you have anything to say about the latest allegation against Kavanaugh, or are you going to try to play deflection games? :mrgreen:

Seems like complete BS to me

See post #17.

Stop lying. You have contributed nothing to this discussion, which is the latest allegation against Kavanaugh.

The details surrounding this latest alleged incident are the only relevant details right now.

A few takeaways:

1)The nation owes Dr. Ford an apology.
2)An investigation needs to be opened immediately into why the FBI did not do the job that Trump officials claimed was taking place.
3)A likely sexual predator now has a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court.
4)Kavanaugh needs to be impeached at the first opportunity. Resigning is out of the question because that would require a moral compass of some kind, and let's face it, the GOP is all out of moral compasses.

Why does anyone need to apologize to Dr. Ford? She asked that her allegations be investigated. They were.

Let me see. Didn't they have both the accused and accuser appear before a panel of (mostly) lawyers questioning both? And after all was said and done they couldn't prove anything?

And the investigation? You have nothing to say about the investigation? You know - the one that the FBI “conducted,” but didn’t bother to question any witnesses who could have corroborated Ford’s story?

Seems like complete BS to me

You literally hoped that Kavanaugh would use his position as SC Justice to get back at liberals over this issue. Maybe you're not the most impartial person to be discussing this.

Why does anyone need to apologize to Dr. Ford? She asked that her allegations be investigated. They were.

That's sort of the point. They weren't.

You literally hoped that Kavanaugh would use his position as SC Justice to get back at liberals over this issue. Maybe you're not the most impartial person to be discussing this.

Oh no. Turtle gets a boner every time somebody mentions Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh is his hero.

As you decisively proved during the Kavanaugh hearings, you have no clue what sexual assault does to the mind of the survivor.

It is pure cruelty to demand that a survivor come forth during a narrow, prescribed time window and reveal their trauma for the whole world to see. It is the survivor's choice when to come forward, period.

Are you going to explain the current allegation or not? This thread has been filled with these kinds of deflection games.

and as a trial attorney who dealt with professional grade liars daily, I know damn well when a story is consistent or not and Ford was so full of inconsistencies, no one could give her the benefit of the doubt-especially when her friend failed to back up her claims. The fact is-you, and others, are still mad that Turtle Man (no relation) played a game of chicken over Merrick Garland and he WON. And I am GLAD he did. And the disgusting efforts to smear Kavanaugh were so blatantly idiotic, but people like you lapped it up because your hatred made you blind. Ford was the MOST credible claim against Kavanaugh and her story sucked. There is no way any prosecutor would have ever filed a case if he had a witness as piss-poor as she was. in fact, not a single thing she said was supported by solid evidence.

The hands of the investigators were tied by the White House.
I've heard it said that the more you repeat something the easier it becomes for you to actually believe it. Let me know how long it takes you.

Oh no. Turtle gets a boner every time somebody mentions Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh is his hero.

No, but I tire of the butt hurt losers who are mad that Trump got him on the Court after Obama failed to get Garland. And you were ones who posted the most idiotic claims about Kavanaugh. You tried to insinuate that we who supported Kavanaugh were hypocrites because (you claim) that we excused him due to his age, while we didn't cut Thuggon Martin the same break. that is illustrative of how desperate and dishonest the KavaNOT crowd was

and as a trial attorney who dealt with professional grade liars daily, I know damn well when a story is consistent or not and Ford was so full of inconsistencies, no one could give her the benefit of the doubt-especially when her friend failed to back up her claims. The fact is-you, and others, are still mad that Turtle Man (no relation) played a game of chicken over Merrick Garland and he WON. And I am GLAD he did. And the disgusting efforts to smear Kavanaugh were so blatantly idiotic, but people like you lapped it up because your hatred made you blind. Ford was the MOST credible claim against Kavanaugh and her story sucked. There is no way any prosecutor would have ever filed a case if he had a witness as piss-poor as she was. in fact, not a single thing she said was supported by solid evidence.

Trump and all the GOP Senators who commented before remembering to circle the wagons found her credible. But then they remembered that they hated Democrats more than they loved the truth, and suddenly they decided that she was..."inconsistent."

Show me exactly where the story says that the latest accuser of the latest allegation is Dr. Ford. Copy-paste the quote.

He's using the Washington Examiner, which is neither The Hill nor NYTimes. That's why he didn't link to it.
Washington Examiner - Media Bias/Fact Check
And the best part? The report that barnacle is citing was conducted by...get ready for it...The Washington Examiner.

Looks like you can't read either, eh? I said NYT above the first part ...

Justice Dept. to Honor Team That Worked on Kavanaugh Confirmation Process
Justice Dept. to Honor Team That Worked on Kavanaugh Confirmation Process - The New York Times

The second part had been reported in several right-leaning rags; the left-leaning rags prefer to ignore it.

LOL-I am not one who started this thread and lets not pretend any of you Kavanot types are either impartial or actually able to understand how lousy the "witnesses were"

what is the excuse for the current "I didn't remember it until now"

Needs money?
wants publicity?

I've heard it said that the more you repeat something the easier it becomes for you to actually believe it. Let me know how long it takes you.

I’ve also heard that the deeper you bury your head in the sand, the less you actually learn.

Open your mind. Do a little research. You will see that what I am saying is true.

Or maybe you don’t want the truth. Maybe you’d rather be blissfully unaware, with your head buried in the sand.

Looks like you can't read either, eh? I said NYT above the first part ...

Justice Dept. to Honor Team That Worked on Kavanaugh Confirmation Process
Justice Dept. to Honor Team That Worked on Kavanaugh Confirmation Process - The New York Times

The second part had been reported in several right-leaning rags; the left-leaning rags prefer to ignore it.

You used a non-credible source to suggest something that was almost certainly invented out of whole cloth by a right wing rag in order to falsely discredit Dr. Ford. And you presented it as if it was the truth.

You know what you did was wrong, and that's why you didn't source the article snippet.

Oh great. Turtle is giving us his resume again.

Has he called her “two door Ford” yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom