• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:363]Trump threatens to pull federal funding for California wildfires over 'gross mismanagement'

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The news in California is dire and the fires are very serious. Thousands are fleeing rapidly advancing fires in a large part of the State. The fires spread very quickly. Where is the aide for California. Has Washington sent teams of firefighters to help? I'm not sure and that's genuinely why I'm asking. Yes, this is due to climate change and yes it will continue to get worse. Just ten years ago, California used to have a high fire risk during 3 months of the year, now it's 12 months of the year. Are threats appropriate right while people are experiencing the trauma of losing their homes and indeed, in danger of losing their lives.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-threatens-pull-federal-funding-california-wildfires-gross/story?id=59102371

images

Trump threatens to pull federal funding for California wildfires over 'gross mismanagement'

Fast-moving fires force mass evacuations in southern California

President Donald Trump woke up in Paris on Saturday in the mood to make threats toward California as it deals with deadly wildfires in Northern California and hundreds of smoldering homes in Southern California. In an angry tweet, the president threatened to pull federal funding for the state if nothing is done to "remedy" the situation.

Trump is in Paris to take part in a commemoration for the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. But his mind was still on the disaster unfolding out west in the U.S.

Nine people have died in a spate of wildfires that began this week. All of the deaths were as a result of the Camp Fire in the area of Paradise, California, near Chico. Almost the entire city was decimated by flames early Friday.

The president approved an emergency declaration for the state on Friday -- but warned he may not do the same in the future. Emergency declarations provide municipalities with air support, relief supplies and evacuation transport.

There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 10, 2018

Last edited:
Re: Trump threatens to pull federal funding for California wildfires over 'gross mismanagement'

The news in California is dire and the fires are very serious. Thousands are fleeing rapidly advancing fires in a large part of the State. The fires spread very quickly. Where is the aide for California. Has Washington sent teams of firefighters to help? I'm not sure and that's genuinely why I'm asking. Yes, this is due to climate change and yes it will continue to get worse. Just ten years ago, California used to have a high fire risk during 3 months of the year, now it's 12 months of the year. Are threats appropriate right while people are experiencing the trauma of losing their homes and indeed, in danger of losing their lives.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-threatens-pull-federal-funding-california-wildfires-gross/story?id=59102371

images

Trump threatens to pull federal funding for California wildfires over 'gross mismanagement'

President Donald Trump woke up in Paris on Saturday in the mood to make threats toward California as it deals with deadly wildfires in Northern California and hundreds of smoldering homes in Southern California. In an angry tweet, the president threatened to pull federal funding for the state if nothing is done to "remedy" the situation.

Trump is in Paris to take part in a commemoration for the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. But his mind was still on the disaster unfolding out west in the U.S.

Nine people have died in a spate of wildfires that began this week. All of the deaths were as a result of the Camp Fire in the area of Paradise, California, near Chico. Almost the entire city was decimated by flames early Friday.

The president approved an emergency declaration for the state on Friday -- but warned he may not do the same in the future. Emergency declarations provide municipalities with air support, relief supplies and evacuation transport.

There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!

the only person mismanaging funds is Donald J Trump.

Re: Trump threatens to pull federal funding for California wildfires over 'gross mismanagement'

Around 80 Australian firefighters have just recently returned home after working with the US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management in northern California, Oregon and Washington since July. There's another group over there now and no doubt more will go if they can.

Firefighters from the US also very kindly come over here to help us out in our fire season.

The fires over there are terrible, and so many Americans lives are affected, they need all the help and support they can get. Real help. Not the President just ranting and raving on twitter from the other side of the world.

images

It's about time we have a President who, while providing aid, lets people know that the federal government isn't a piggy bank. Receiving the aid requires taking responsibility to reduce the need for the aid.

It's about time we have a President who, while providing aid, lets people know that the federal government isn't a piggy bank. Receiving the aid requires taking responsibility to reduce the need for the aid.

It's alright with you as long as it's not your home on fire or the safety of yourself and your family threatened and your entire life turned upside down and instead of help or even a little bit of empathy you're threatened by an evil, selfish, traitor of a president. But if you actually live in the United States, you're going to find out what that's like too one day, and we'll all put our heads back and laugh at you, "told you so" then turn and walk away from you, just abandon you and your crisis. That would be good, right? Well, that's exactly what this a**hole president is doing.

trumpthreatfires.jpg

Sweet! Are we going to stop helping victims of tornadoes too? I mean, they choose to live in tornado alley knowing it's likely their homes will be devastated. Not sure there's much to be done about the wind though, so clearing these areas so the government doesn't have to spend money needlessly makes sense.

Sweet! Are we going to stop helping victims of tornadoes too? I mean, they choose to live in tornado alley knowing it's likely their homes will be devastated. Not sure there's much to be done about the wind though, so clearing these areas so the government doesn't have to spend money needlessly makes sense.

No,,those people live in Red states.

Why do you hate your fellow Americans?

It's alright with you as long as it's not your home on fire or the safety of yourself and your family threatened and your entire life turned upside down and instead of help or even a little bit of empathy you're threatened by an evil, selfish, traitor of a president. But if you actually live in the United States, you're going to find out what that's like too one day, and we'll all put our heads back and laugh at you, "told you so" then turn and walk away from you, just abandon you and your crisis. That would be good, right? Well, that's exactly what this a**hole president is doing.

View attachment 67244030

I live in Colorado. We have fires.

We also work to reduce the incident of fires.

https://colorado.gov/pacific/dfpc

Evidently, CA doesn't do that stuff so well.

So, just so we are clear, you guys are in favor of missmanaging tax dollars?

yawn...

Deflection by way of strawman is not an admirable trait.

Moving on...

Why do you hate your fellow Americans?

Why do you beat your wife?

Trump is a scumbag piece of ****.

So after every mass shooting the right says "it's too soon" to talk about gun control. But they celebrate Trump blaming fire victims because they live in a blue state, while the fires are burning ..... A*8 holes each and everyone of them.

Trump is being Trump... anyone surprised?

Sure, why not. Let's just turn our backs on Americans that are affected by natural disasters like we did in Puerto Rico. Who in this entire (including you) country isn't vulnerable to some natural or man-made disaster? 'You people' really need to learn a lesson about humanity and you might begin with this saying "There but for the grace of God, go I"

East coast -blizzards and hurricanes
Mid West - sink holes from fracking, poison lakes, streams and drinking water from fracking chemicals. Tornadoes
Southwest - hurricanes and tornadoes
West coast - earthquakes, wildfires, drought

W75p4n.gif

Are we absolutely certain trump is human and not an ant wearing human skin?

Trump is a scumbag piece of ****.

And so are his devoted followers....

Sure, why not. Let's just turn our backs on Americans that are affected by natural disasters like we did in Puerto Rico. Who in this entire (including you) country isn't vulnerable to some natural or man-made disaster? 'You people' really need to learn a lesson about humanity and you might begin with this saying "There but for the grace of God, go I"

East coast -blizzards and hurricanes
Mid West - sink holes from fracking, poison lakes, streams and drinking water from fracking chemicals. Tornadoes
Southwest - hurricanes and tornadoes
West coast - earthquakes, wildfires, drought

W75p4n.gif

I think you missed the point that I was opposing Mycroft's absurd position with another absurd one.

:)

I think you missed the point that I was opposing Mycroft's absurd position with another absurd one.

:)

LOL! Sorry, the Trump devotees are so rampant and so damned illogical, I mistook you for one. Hopefully one of them can apply the logic anyway. 'Mycroft' is rather infamous around here for lack of logic.

yawn...

Deflection by way of strawman is not an admirable trait.

Moving on...

It's not deflection at all actually. I'm interested in the application of these cost saving measures if used on a much broader scale. Can we make this same argument for other areas affected by natural disasters? OR...maybe, this is just another pot shot by Trump.

I live in California and I agree with Trump. The permanent Communist government here has thrown away all our money on every stupid thing imaginable, and its not fair to ask other responsible states for their money when something happens here.

Are we absolutely certain trump is human and not an ant wearing human skin?

Ants work for the good of the colony and Trump is only interested in the good for himself.

And so are his devoted followers....

when talking about his cult, it's not that simple. some aren't. you have to remember that we have a binary system, which is a horrible idea that even some of the founders were scared would develop. it did, and the results were somewhat predictable.

George Washington said:
All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force—to put in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party; often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common councils and modified by mutual interests. However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/resources/pdf/Washingtons_Farewell_Address.pdf

George Washington said:
I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the state, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party, generally.
This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness and is truly their worst enemy.
The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and
miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of
his own elevation on the ruins of public liberty.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/resources/pdf/Washingtons_Farewell_Address.pdf

it isn't like we weren't warned.

Back
Top Bottom