• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:356] Jen Psaki slammed for old homophobic tweet aimed at Lindsey Graham

The documentation of your daily racism encounters claim were quite weak for a master debater.

Providing evidence of personal encounters would likely involve disclosing personal information, which is both a bad idea and against forum rules I believe. Anyway, you shouldn't have to ask someone specifically for evidence of their own encounters. A quick google search landed me on this study of 101 black teenagers which asked them to track their experiences involving racism over a 2 week period:

According to the study, the 101 teenagers reported 5600+ experiences, or 70+ on average for each over 2 weeks. These experiences weren't just violent or police related encounters that we typically think of when we hear about racism in the US, but things many people think are not that big a deal like:
  • How many times were you asked to speak for all members of your race/ethnicity during a class?
  • How many times did a peer point out that you fit a stereotype of your race/ethnicity?
  • How many times were you mistaken for someone else of your same race/ethnicity?
  • How many times did people show you a racist image online?
According to the study these experiences some might view as "harmless" does have a significant negative impact:

The teens who participated in the study were students at a middle school, a high school and a summer program in Washington. Those who experienced more instances of discrimination over the two weeks also showed more symptoms of short-term depression, the study found, such as difficulty sleeping, loneliness and anxiety.

Seeing or hearing about a parent or friend experiencing racial discrimination, the study suggested, had a similar effect on the mental health of participants as discrimination they experienced themselves. Dr. English said that was in line with post-traumatic stress research which shows that witnessing violence against others can be as damaging as personally experiencing it.

It's not all surprising how you don't recognize the inherent exploitation in rich white land owners and slavers creating a society where only rich white land owners could vote or participate in government. But progressives being the puppets of rich plutocrats is obvious to you. Excuse me if I'm weary of your assessments. 😂
I never said I didn't recognize them. I said the current batch of plutocrats we have to worry about have been getting worse for the last 30 years.

I never said I didn't recognize them. I said the current batch of plutocrats we have to worry about have been getting worse for the last 30 years.
You sound like Josh Hawley talking about the "elites" when he is one himself.

I'm guessing they feel like it isn't homophobic because the derision stems from his anti-gay beliefs, not because he's allegedly gay. Whatever the case, outing and ridiculing someone for being gay is cruel, immoral, and should be condemned regardless of the reasons.

The only reason this point is being made is to call out the hypocrisy of the left on this subject. You do not suffer from the same problem. Good on you.

I see the citizens of Trump Fan Nation are still waving their ignorance around.

#LadyG was viral two years ago when a gay film actor named Sean Harding made some claims about Graham and his appetite for young gay men who he was supposedly paying for sex.

Pay attention and you won't get your tighty whities all bunched up. And will know what the smart people know, which is why she used the same name that millions of other people did at the same time.

I knew the point would go right over your head. Par for the course here. I've already address this flawed point with multiple other posters. At least I've had a couple properly denounce what she said, instead of trying to cover due to partisanship or dislike of Graham. You're not one of them though. This is not shocking.

I knew the point would go right over your head. Par for the course here. I've already address this flawed point with multiple other posters. At least I've had a couple properly denounce what she said, instead of trying to cover due to partisanship or dislike of Graham. You're not one of them though. This is not shocking.

The ignorance from Trump Fan Nation never ends.

Why would I denounce what she said? ""Only in 2020 does #LadyG get to push a bunch of debunked conspiracy theories while questioning @SallyQYates (aka an American hero)". She's spot on.

This has nothing to do with Graham's party affiliation. Just so you know, I almost voted for him in the NH primary.

Is failing a daily goal from you?

I cannot abide Lindsey Graham and actually considered donating money to try to get him and Mitch McConnell out of the Senate by supporting their opponents financially because I thought they did so much harm to the country. Nonetheless, I think it is totally disingenuous to claim that "Lady G' is "a nickname" used by Lindsey Graham and to pretend that using it is not a base, homophobic attack unworthy of anyone who supports LGBTQ rights and dignity.

Reactions: AJG

Why would I denounce what she said? ""Only in 2020 does #LadyG get to push a bunch of debunked conspiracy theories while questioning @SallyQYates (aka an American hero)". She's spot on.

This has nothing to do with Graham's party affiliation. Just so you know, I almost voted for him in the NH primary.

It should be denounced because it's being used to mock and out him.

It's not about Graham. That's what you don't get. Again, not a surprise the point is missed by you.

Is that how you are told black people all talk?

I’m not going to fall for the (clever?) addition of “all” in your lame assertion.

It’s how many (especially younger) people talk.

I’m not going to fall for the (clever?) addition of “all” in your lame assertion.

It’s how many (especially younger) people talk.

You'll have to forgive me. I didn't know "black" was another word for "young"......because you said "black".

You didn't just type that? :rolleyes:

Sure I did, just as many lame and unfounded general assertions are made about “white wingers” or “Trumpists”. Do you pop up and cry foul when that is done? Somehow, I doubt it.

Note that I did not include many, most or all before the ‘triggering’ reference to a racial and political lean combination (e.g. “white wingers” or “black liberals”). Someone with low reading comprehension, would take it upon themselves to treat that is if I had, in fact, asserted that many, most or all “white wingers” (or “black liberals) had just been addressed. What was actually stated (implied?) is that the post (or more accurately the poster) who got that reply was being included (rightly or wrongly) in the group referenced.

Last edited:
You'll have to forgive me. I didn't know "black" was another word for "young"......because you said "black".

Hmm... young people can’t also be black? Somehow, I doubt that you blow a gasket when you see “white wingers” used instead of “black liberals”, but that’s just a guess. I get it that you become ‘triggered’ when you see one particular race included, but why not get equally ‘triggered’ (alarmed?) when any particular race is included?

Hmm... young people can’t also be black? Somehow, I doubt that you blow a gasket when you see “white wingers” used instead of “black liberals”, but that’s just a guess. I get it that you become ‘triggered’ when you see one particular race included, but why not get equally ‘triggered’ (alarmed?) when any particular race is included?

When did I say young people couldn't be black? I'm pretty sure I never did. So making up crap again doesn't add to your argument here. Just because Trump constantly lied to make points doesn't mean you have to. It's ok if you don't mimic everything he does.

As for me "blowing a gasket" can you show me where "white wingers" was used in a context that wasn't appropriate? I'm guessing that is more just you making up stuff to defend blatant racism. You made the claim - you said black liberals. Not young, or some, or anything else. Your exact words

Yep, she should toss in “you know” and “like” more often to speak more like a true black liberal - you know what I’m saying?

Not all liberals, not young people. Very specific to blacks who apparently are all too stupid to speak and they all sound alike to you.

Yep, and by unity they really mean conformity (aka adopting their political positions).

Biden can't be a unifier since he maintains partisan left positions. IOW, he's pretty much full of crap, but then we already knew this about him.

The American people took their country back with voting.

Not through a coup attempt.
Not through collusion with Russia.
Not through voter suppression.

People made their voices heard.

Are you telling me something I don't know? There's a difference between what you wrote and how he replied. Took denotes the country was taken back by voting.
Now go ahead and reread the sentence I responded to if it's not too big of a chore. It appears he doesn't think the election was all that was needed. Hence, my question to him to explain how does he plan on taking my country back from me.

That poster said to me:
Master Debator said:
I'll enjoy your country when we take it from you. 😁

Back
Top Bottom