• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#3507]NFL 2022

Lots of out of towners dumping tax dollars into the county.

But what will be the net gain, how will it be determined and who will determine it? And finally where will the net gain be spent?

Seriously, I doubt the net gain, if there actually is any, would be enough to cover the costs of the previous, to date, Maricopa County vote recounts.

You should see all the private jets coming into Scottsdale airport.

But what will be the net gain, how will it be determined and who will determine it? And finally where will the net gain be spent?

Seriously, I doubt the net gain, if there actually is any, would be enough to cover the costs of the previous, to date, Maricopa County vote recounts.
You should contact your local politicians.

Yeah.. For 4 days? He going to eat in the dark? Drink? Bathroom?

My biggest problem he's turned into a drama queen... I'm not a Packers fan, but this is what? The third year or so he's held them hostage? The act is old.. He bitched and whined last year about the lack of talent around him... Packers didn't have any talent because they are paying him a b'zillion dollars... Because again, he held them hostage for a gigantic contract...

He needs to just retire and go away.. He's tiresome...
from what i have read, he is a difficult guy to get along with
some search for personal insight in different ways
being secluded and immersed in darkness for 100 hours would not be my preference, but rodgers indicated he has contemplated this for a few years, once some friends expressed how helpful it had been for them. (my biggest surprise in hearing his take is that he has/had friends)
and if he doesn't like it, all he has to do to leave is walk out of the door ... hopefully, into the sunshine
i don't see him as a drama queen as he is being approached to give his response posed by the media; that is not something he is seeking out. neither does he appear to avoid it
too many teams out there in need of a skilled QB to pass on him if he chooses to play
and probably at a wage he establishes; the nature of a suppy-demand economy for a high quality, premium skill matched by very few
if the team cannot afford his ask, then they get to choose to pass on his services. that's not holding any one or any team hostage. that's knowing what you are worth on the NFL market

Go get him coach!

from what i have read, he is a difficult guy to get along with
some search for personal insight in different ways
being secluded and immersed in darkness for 100 hours would not be my preference, but rodgers indicated he has contemplated this for a few years, once some friends expressed how helpful it had been for them. (my biggest surprise in hearing his take is that he has/had friends)
and if he doesn't like it, all he has to do to leave is walk out of the door ... hopefully, into the sunshine
i don't see him as a drama queen as he is being approached to give his response posed by the media; that is not something he is seeking out. neither does he appear to avoid it
too many teams out there in need of a skilled QB to pass on him if he chooses to play
and probably at a wage he establishes; the nature of a suppy-demand economy for a high quality, premium skill matched by very few
if the team cannot afford his ask, then they get to choose to pass on his services. that's not holding any one or any team hostage. that's knowing what you are worth on the NFL market
All I know is….

The biggest selling football Jersey in Wisconsin is…Justin Fields! Same in Indiana.

Rodgers has the same popularity as Matt Ryan. That should tell ya something.

B9BD4305-12BC-420A-A699-5EACB3818E68.jpeg

All I know is….

The biggest selling football Jersey in Wisconsin is…Justin Fields! Same in Indiana.

View attachment 67436278
While that is an interesting Datapoint regarding his popularity among the NFL fan base, it does not address what Rogers does or does not bring to a team
For a team, lacking a franchise quarterback, and there are a number of them, including my own, Rogers would be a talent improvement over what is otherwise available. If he wants to play, he’ll have a team to play for. And probably at his price

I just rode all along old town Snottsdale. Its insane, even at 4 pm. Lots of bars extending into the closed streets. On Main St, its closed off with a big stage for the ESPN Fan Zone.

I was hoping some ESPN camera guy would ask me about the game. I want to remark about how the Superb Owl is the one and only Owl, and it will crush its opponent...unless the opponent is a wolverine...

Go get him coach!
All I know is….

View attachment 67436278
What's up with the Dak Prescott love?

Goodell dismissed the sentiment the Chiefs were able to replay a third down in the fourth quarter against the Bengals in the conference title game.

"That (play) was stopped appropriately because the clock was running by an official on the field," Goodell said. "That happens frequently in our game, that's not an unusual thing to have that happen."

So it is not a mistake just because the mistake often happens? (It rarely does, actually.) Someone try to explain that.

Last edited:

So it is not a mistake just because the mistake often happens? (It rarely does, actually.) Someone try to explain that.
the clock had started and it was not supposed to do so
the downfield official blew the whistle to stop the play and was runing toward the line of scrimmage before the snap in order to correct the clock
there was no officially run play
it was actually a good officiating action to assure the game was played by the rules

that it infrequently occurs does not mean that it did not occur in this instance

Lots of question marks, too. Can Brock Purdy be Brock Purdy ever again? Can Trey Lance ever be the guy Shanahan imagined he could be? The answer to one of those questions better be yes because Jimmy G ain't gonna be around to save the 49ers season next year.

Lots of question marks, too. Can Brock Purdy be Brock Purdy ever again? Can Trey Lance ever be the guy Shanahan imagined he could be? The answer to one of those questions better be yes because Jimmy G ain't gonna be around to save the 49ers season next year.
Jimmy G. played HS ball in the Chicago suburbs and went to downstate Eastern.
He’s be a great backup to the ever-potentially getting hurt running back Fields.

Besides, I like the #2 QB playing every 3rd or so series for many reasons.
Good #2 QBs bring a different game and matchup problems to the other team.

Having a fresh #1 QB at the end of the game is crucial.
I’d even slot Fields for YAC after short pass, all the rage in today’s game.

The nfl has its own great hot stove, with free agents, trades, and the DRAFT.

You should see all the private jets coming into Scottsdale airport.
The Super Bowl is a great event...If you're rich. You might get a ticket for $3500 plus a thousand dollar service fee if you are lucky. Good luck getting a drink for less than 20 bucks in downtown Scottsdale. Tickets for the Waste Management open are $200 Friday and Saturday. I was at the Open today. There is literally not one non rich person in attendance. Ubers from the Open are surging up to 200 bucks to be taken 10 minutes away. It really is a disgusting, corrupt country we are living in.

Boycott the Super Bowl!!!

The Super Bowl is a great event...If you're rich. You might get a ticket for $3500 plus a thousand dollar service fee if you are lucky. Good luck getting a drink for less than 20 bucks in downtown Scottsdale. Tickets for the Waste Management open are $200 Friday and Saturday. I was at the Open today. There is literally not one non rich person in attendance. Ubers from the Open are surging up to 200 bucks to be taken 10 minutes away. It really is a disgusting, corrupt country we are living in.

This will be Goodell's legacy; he turned NFL into MLB: priced the working stiff out of being a fan. To me that's why I dont like the SB or the playoffs like I used to. Every ****ing thing that NFL has done over the last 10 years has been to bring in casual fans who don't care about the game but might buy shit from their advertisers. I hardly watch sports on TV anymore despite never wavering in my support of the game; I just can't stand what the products have become. Cutting YT TV after SB and may never bother to sign up again

I used to work nearby, its douche-a-palooza. Back in the day, it was the Phoenix Open, and it was at the country club on 7th and Thomas, much more accessible, less corporate tents and douchebags.

I used to work nearby, its douche-a-palooza. Back in the day, it was the Phoenix Open, and it was at the country club on 7th and Thomas, much more accessible, less corporate tents and douchebags.
I'm pretty much done going to the Open. I feel like I am constantly in line for something...Food, Drink, restrooms. We may go sit at a hole and watch some golf shots every 20 minutes. Forget following the big wig golfers unless you are 7 foot tall and can see over everybody. We basically get inside and head for the free sample area and drink. Then we head for 16. It sucked today because the pin position was way back and everyone was hitting it about 20 feet short. It's fun to boo though. I used to have Waste Management VIP passes on the 18th but my company got bought out a couple years ago and we don't get the passes anymore.

This will be Goodell's legacy; he turned NFL into MLB: priced the working stiff out of being a fan. To me that's why I dont like the SB or the playoffs like I used to. Every ****ing thing that NFL has done over the last 10 years has been to bring in casual fans who don't care about the game but might buy shit from their advertisers. I hardly watch sports on TV anymore despite never wavering in my support of the game; I just can't stand what the products have become. Cutting YT TV after SB and may never bother to sign up again
It's truly a shame that most parents can't afford to take their kids to a game.

Probably haven't been able to for quite some time. It's getting worse to be even a casual fan at home. Moving Thursday Night Football to Amazon is telling us where this is all eventually going. They're going to divide up the different brands: Monday Night, Sunday Night, Thursday Night...they'll move regular day games to cable/YouTube and then they'll force everyone to stream the rest. They will find ways to make fans subscribe to this and that so that they pay to watch all the regular games that used to be free and pay even more for the marquee matchups. It'll be some years before that frog gets fully boiled but it'll eventually happen.

I know people here play fantasy football and other fantasy sports, but I honestly hate its influence on sports coverage. It's out of control now. People watch to see if their stupid little imaginary team is winning rather than on what's happening in the game itself. I won't be surprised if there's a major gambling scandal involving high rolling fantasy football players paying certain players to take dives a la the Black Sox scandal in 1919.

the supply:demand relationship is again at play
there are twice as many residents of the USA than there were when i was born
the teams have not kept pace
additionally, the cost of team operations has dramatically changed since players unions came into being
plus the quality of the video has elevated by quanta, making the home viewing alternative more attractive than it has been in the past, possibly causing spectators to opt of the easier, cheaper option

Back
Top Bottom