• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:337]NYT's fake news Tax story already busted.

ludin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

A lawyer for the Trump Organization, Alan Garten, also denied to the New York Times that the president paid such a small amount of taxes – saying in a statement obtained by Fox News that Trump "has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government, including paying millions in personal taxes since announcing his candidacy in 2015.”

“The New York Times’ story is riddled with gross inaccuracies. Over the past decade the President has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government," Garten said. "While we tried to explain this to the Times, they refused to listen and rejected our repeated request that they show us any of the documentation they purport to be relying on to substantiate their claims."

He added: "Obviously this is just part of the Times’ ongoing smear campaign in the run up to the election.”

The New York Times did not release the copies of Trump’s tax filings they had received, saying they were protecting sources.

that didn't take long for this story to go down in flames as I knew it would.

10-15 years of scamming the IRS and the IRS is too stupid to know it? i don't think so.
They busted Tim Geithner during his audit for Treasurer of the US.
They busted the house ways and means person from NY on his annual audit.

The Obama administration IRS office that was targeting conservative was actively and illegally spying on the trump campaign didn't find anything wrong with his tax returns during his 1st presidential audit.
This is just another blow up of a story in an attempt to get the judicial activist to deny trump's appeals about these continued fishing expeditions.

These leftist complain about Russian tactics yet that is all they have been using for 4 years is russian tactics.

A lawyer for the Trump Organization, Alan Garten, also denied to the New York Times that the president paid such a small amount of taxes – saying in a statement obtained by Fox News that Trump "has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government, including paying millions in personal taxes since announcing his candidacy in 2015.”

“The New York Times’ story is riddled with gross inaccuracies. Over the past decade the President has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government," Garten said. "While we tried to explain this to the Times, they refused to listen and rejected our repeated request that they show us any of the documentation they purport to be relying on to substantiate their claims."

He added: "Obviously this is just part of the Times’ ongoing smear campaign in the run up to the election.”

The New York Times did not release the copies of Trump’s tax filings they had received, saying they were protecting sources.

10-15 years of scamming the IRS and the IRS is too stupid to know it? i don't think so.

The Obama administration IRS office that was targeting conservative was actively and illegally spying on the trump campaign didn't find anything wrong with his tax returns during his 1st presidential audit.
This is just another blow up of a story in an attempt to get the judicial activist to deny trump's appeals about these continued fishing expeditions.

These leftist complain about Russian tactics yet that is all they have been using for 4 years is russian tactics.

Trump essentially confirming the story via tweet this morning...

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.35.33 AM.png

Besides: why do they always present what Trump says as proof something has been busted or debunked? We get that *you* guys believe him.
which is why the times refuses to release the proof to support their story. lmao.

So he's falling for the diabolical Democrat trap?

Step 1: Request Trump taxes but are denied
Step 2: After years of failure, they're finally about to see the light of day through protracted legal battles
Step 3: they aren't being released fast enough, so print fake news claiming you have them and look at all this bad stuff
Step 4: Trump cries fake news, and releases his taxes to prove the news is fake
Step 5: Profit?

Ok, I doubt Trump will follow through on step 4, but still, was this the goal?

Not really. nothing illegal or anything else going on as the time reported.
so the times is spreading another fake news story. sorry to disappoint you guys again.

You think the NYT is done publishing stories on the information they have? LMAO.... October surprise, indeed.... :p

which is why the times refuses to release the proof to support their story. lmao.

Trump just confirmed it via his own tweets this morning. There is no argument you will ever make on his behalf that he won’t humiliate you with later.

Besides: why do they always present what Trump says as proof something has been busted or debunked? We get that *you* guys believe him.

Like how you believe every non sourced or anonymous anti Trump claim?

Ya’ll are running around shrieking over the *notion* a failed real estate huckster might have been ripping off the IRS. What ****ing sources do you even care about? He’s on tape telling you he lied to you in FEbruary about covid. You have tweets and comments that are in *lockstep* with CCP propganda during that same time period. you’re still here asking wHeRE’s YOuR eViDEnce.

I asked this in another thread: can you just imagine the evidence on display from cons if 4 years ago Hillary’s campaign manager tried to kill himself hours after it was revealed his boss was 100’s of millions in debt. My hair is being whipped back and forth at just the thought of how much “evidence” and sourcing ya’ll would need for that thread.

I believe in objectively true items that are verified. And those that aren’t verified 100% I use common sense and judgement in reviewing that person’s own history and words in comparison to whatever they’re being accused of. If someone says Donald Trump said bad words about people, I’m not the lunatic for thinking it sounds right.

Not really. nothing illegal or anything else going on as the time reported.
so the times is spreading another fake news story. sorry to disappoint you guys again.

Trump himself proclaimed in 2016 not paying taxes makes him "smart".

Was he lying about being smart or not paying taxes?

I am confident the NYT has the sources and evidence to back up the story...

Trump himself proclaimed in 2016 not paying taxes makes him "smart".

Was he lying about being smart or not paying taxes?

We would need to find out from the TRump stans if he was being serious or literal there.

I am confident the NYT has the sources and evidence to back up the story...

And I am even more confident his response will not change regardless.

Even if every word of the story is true, which is doubtful because we're talking about the NYT, it doesn't really matter. Trump admitted as much in 2016.

Its a nothing burger. Again.

Ei93YloWsAEB5HP

I like how right wingers complain that the NYT is making accusations without proof, and they also believe those accusations are proven wrong based on a statement from a lawyer without proof.

A Trump supporter unquestioningly believes Trump? Fascinating.

Well, if Trump says it is fake news, it must be. We know Trump never lies...

Its like every other story that the liberal media drums up. Its always a nothing burger. Always.

t you seem to believe this st

I like how right wingers complain that the NYT is making accusations without proof, and they also believe those accusations are proven wrong based on a statement from a lawyer without proof.
Of course Trump's lawyer is telling the truth, look at how truthful Michael Cohen was when he was Trump's lawyer!

NYT: "Trump hasn't paid his taxes."

Trump: "Fake noooz"

MAGA voters: "VINDICATION!"
Pee Pee tapes, kavanaugh is a rapist, russian spy, russian collusion....you cant make up the lefts desperation. If this is the best they have a month before election...my god....I am going to have a field day on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom