• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:337]NYT's fake news Tax story already busted.

I have to say the envious fascination of some Americans with the finances and taxes of politicians and "celebrities" is kind of creepy. This kind of intrigue is unheard of in Canada where we generally believe the private lives of citizens is and should remain private unless that person makes it an issue themselves.

Sticking your nose in other people's business appears to be an entirely American character flaw. Life is much more enjoyable when you mind your own business. You should try it.

It is safe to assume anyone connected with Trump is lying unless there is proof that they can provide.
He doesn't have to prove anything you have to prove the accusations as true.
since the NYT refuses to release the information they have 0 evidence to support their supposed accusations.

i know facts suck but eh facts don't care about your feelings.

In a way this is a brilliant tactic, no doubt thought up by Xi and his group, who are the real power behind the Harris/Biden campaign anyway.

The Biden Campaign, AKA the New York Times decided to go the Dan Rather rout with damning evidence from "unnamed sources". The Campaign is being VERY CAREFUL to keep forensic accountants and the internet away from the supposed documents, that was a disaster last time.

What the Times is doing is baiting Trump; "We lied, you know we lied, but can only prove it by releasing your taxes."

This miscalculation by the Biden camp is in the issue of "no one gives a shit."

since the NYT refuses to release the information they have 0 evidence to support their supposed accusations.

I don't have to prove anything since I am not the NYT.

I am sure if the NYT is wrong, then this will blow up in their face, but generally journalists know what they are doing.

I have to say the envious fascination of some Americans with the finances and taxes of politicians and "celebrities" is kind of creepy. This kind of intrigue is unheard of in Canada where we generally believe the private lives of citizens is and should remain private unless that person makes it an issue themselves.

Sticking your nose in other people's business appears to be an entirely American character flaw. Life is much more enjoyable when you mind your own business. You should try it.

American flaw?

How arrogant, elitist, self-absorbed and disrespectful of the American taxpayer do you have to be to take a two week golfing vacation in Hawaii on the taxpayers' dime when you only have about five more weeks in office? Couldn't wait until January 21st to travel to Hawaii at your own expense President Obama? Feel entitled to soak the taxpayers one more time?

This is exactly why someone as inappropriate as Donald Trump is now the President elect in your great country.

President Obama can't leave soon enough - stay in Hawaii and never show your face again.

One of us! One of us!

Uhhh...personal taxes are not income taxes. They are a part of that, but FICA, payroll, property are also personal taxes.
:rolleyes: it depends on how everything is setup and legalized.
different business classifications get treated differently.

When you get into LLC's sub-corp S etc ... and how they handle taxes and how
you deal with taxes gets complicated. Real estate taxes are highly complicated and people
spend thousand of dollars on tax preparations to do them.

they are highly complicated but that doesn't mean that it is a crime.

if you think there is a crime then the IRS is dumber than the FBI not finding a serial rapist after 6 other investigations.

Its like a scientific experiment to create the most stupid and deliberately ignorant people possible...

And then they stopped the experiment when they discovered liberals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lawyer for the Trump Organization, Alan Garten, also denied to the New York Times that the president paid such a small amount of taxes – saying in a statement obtained by Fox News that Trump "has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government, including paying millions in personal taxes since announcing his candidacy in 2015.”

“The New York Times’ story is riddled with gross inaccuracies. Over the past decade the President has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government," Garten said. "While we tried to explain this to the Times, they refused to listen and rejected our repeated request that they show us any of the documentation they purport to be relying on to substantiate their claims."

He added: "Obviously this is just part of the Times’ ongoing smear campaign in the run up to the election.”

The New York Times did not release the copies of Trump’s tax filings they had received, saying they were protecting sources.

that didn't take long for this story to go down in flames as I knew it would.

10-15 years of scamming the IRS and the IRS is too stupid to know it? i don't think so.
They busted Tim Geithner during his audit for Treasurer of the US.
They busted the house ways and means person from NY on his annual audit.

The Obama administration IRS office that was targeting conservative was actively and illegally spying on the trump campaign didn't find anything wrong with his tax returns during his 1st presidential audit.
This is just another blow up of a story in an attempt to get the judicial activist to deny trump's appeals about these continued fishing expeditions.

These leftist complain about Russian tactics yet that is all they have been using for 4 years is russian tactics.
What would you expect Trump's lawyers to say? "Yep, the article is correct. My client is broke".

Now if his lawyers would produce some evidence besides verbiage, then we could say the article is wrong.

The media have been hostile to Trump from day one. From the very beginning they have been making sensational accusations quoting anonymous one hit piece after another for the past 4 years. Then the media talking heads discuss these stories and their commentary turns from repeating accusations to Trump is guilty without producing any proof. Then they continue to repeat the falsehood over and over again as truth.

This NYT hit piece was released before the first presidential debate to give Biden some new one liners. It should also be noted that the NYT and the Biden campaign were working hand in hand on this hit piece because as soon as it was released, within an hour to 90 minutes later an ad was released and the campaign had buttons for sale on their website all ready made up for sale.

Very much like we are seeing from the usual suspects on this forum. The echo chamber is complicit in spreading nothing more than a seedy tabloid's sensationalistic hit job as fact. Please, don't anyone ever try to convince me that the chronic Trump complainers care one lick about the truth.

Also agree that this was a "planned" hit job; media and Biden campaign in cahoots.

:rolleyes: it depends on how everything is setup and legalized.
different business classifications get treated differently.

When you get into LLC's sub-corp S etc ... and how they handle taxes and how
you deal with taxes gets complicated. Real estate taxes are highly complicated and people
spend thousand of dollars on tax preparations to do them.

they are highly complicated but that doesn't mean that it is a crime.

if you think there is a crime then the IRS is dumber than the FBI not finding a serial rapist after 6 other investigations.
Blah blah blah...everyone, even RE developers, has a personal tax return filed.

Hmmm, Trump’s sister retired when the NY Times did the first tax story, she knew it was bad.
She retired because as a Federal judge she would be required to undergo an investigation, so she stepped down from a lifetime appointment because....
Your thoughts?

She retired because as a Federal judge she would be required to undergo an investigation, so she stepped down from a lifetime appointment because....
Your thoughts?
Yes she never disclosed her daddy’s money and she knew better.

Seems to me Trump has made it our business. Even before he ran for President he has spouted how great of a business person he is. Trump attacks other about their finances. Turn around if fair play in American politics.

Just admit you do not care if Trump has lied, doesn’t make a difference to you. Once you’re in a cult that is what happens.

Trump himself proclaimed in 2016 not paying taxes makes him "smart".

Yes.
Everybody( including you ) takes every legal tax break,

He didn't really have any say in it . He hired experts to minimize his tax liablilty. Which most people do.
There is a place for anybody to pay more taxes if they deem it appropriat.
You know how many liberal phonies ( I know,redundant) do that?

Blah blah blah...everyone, even RE developers, has a personal tax return filed.
typical leftist response when facts get in their way.
dismissed.

Well did he? He was obviously audited . Did he cheat?

So your cynicism is based on a lack of evidence as of yet, correct?

The refusal of the NYT to back up their story means it's just a pre-debate lie.

Yes.
Everybody( including you ) takes every legal tax break,

He didn't really have any say in it . He hired experts to minimize his tax liablilty. Which most people do.
There is a place for anybody to pay more taxes if they deem it appropriat.
You know how many liberal phonies ( I know,redundant) do that?

Yes, I'm sure Donald Trump is completely on the up and up regarding his taxes and only follows legal procedures. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom