• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:337]NYT's fake news Tax story already busted.

A lawyer for the Trump Organization, Alan Garten, also denied to the New York Times that the president paid such a small amount of taxes – saying in a statement obtained by Fox News that Trump "has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government, including paying millions in personal taxes since announcing his candidacy in 2015.”

“The New York Times’ story is riddled with gross inaccuracies. Over the past decade the President has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government," Garten said. "While we tried to explain this to the Times, they refused to listen and rejected our repeated request that they show us any of the documentation they purport to be relying on to substantiate their claims."

He added: "Obviously this is just part of the Times’ ongoing smear campaign in the run up to the election.”

The New York Times did not release the copies of Trump’s tax filings they had received, saying they were protecting sources.

that didn't take long for this story to go down in flames as I knew it would.

10-15 years of scamming the IRS and the IRS is too stupid to know it? i don't think so.
They busted Tim Geithner during his audit for Treasurer of the US.
They busted the house ways and means person from NY on his annual audit.

The Obama administration IRS office that was targeting conservative was actively and illegally spying on the trump campaign didn't find anything wrong with his tax returns during his 1st presidential audit.
This is just another blow up of a story in an attempt to get the judicial activist to deny trump's appeals about these continued fishing expeditions.

These leftist complain about Russian tactics yet that is all they have been using for 4 years is russian tactics.
I have no idea of the accuracy of the NYT article but I’m confident that it’s spun as a political hit piece. It’s curious that the Biden campaign had televised ads going out within a few hours, those ads take time to put together so there was obviously coordination. As for the hair stylist, keep in mind, the deduction was for the on-set (apprentice) TV show, I don’t have any idea what a stylist makes with a show like that but 70k doesn’t seem that out of line.

As for any business deductions, I’m sure these businesses aren’t under one umbrella, meaning different corps or LLCs. I seriously doubt that these interests/investments don’t dot every I and cross every T accounting wise considering they get audited every year.

I do recall in 2016 the same tactic was used, sex scandals and tax scandals are pretty much the bread and butter of liberal politics as a go too. Full disclosure, I haven’t read the NYT article in its entirety because of the pay wall. Does the article mention the accounting firm used to interrupt all this IRS data?

I do question the political timing of the article, it gives the opposite side more than enough time to respond. I think the only political leverage it serves is to take the sting off what could be a disastrous showing from Biden at the first debate. What’s saddening for me and has been for some time is the NYT our prominent news source in the US works this closely with the DNC.

Besides: why do they always present what Trump says as proof something has been busted or debunked? We get that *you* guys believe him.
I think it’s important to note that posts like this except anything anti-trump as fact and then regurgitate it. This was just a political hit piece, more or less the same warmed over nonsense tried in 2016. How else do you explain the televised ads coming out of the Biden camp just a few hours after the article ran? I get the political dirty games but when there’s coordination between the NYT and a political campaign that’s a whole other thing.

I think it’s important to note that posts like this except anything anti-trump as fact and then regurgitate it. This was just a political hit piece, more or less the same warmed over nonsense tried in 2016. How else do you explain the televised ads coming out of the Biden camp just a few hours after the article ran? I get the political dirty games but when there’s coordination between the NYT and a political campaign that’s a whole other thing.

You have zero evidence of that. Nada.

NYT: "Trump hasn't paid his taxes."

Trump: "Fake noooz"

MAGA voters: "VINDICATION!"

They'll do what they're told and they know it. The brash act is to cover the shame caused by that knowledge.

A lawyer for the Trump Organization, Alan Garten, also denied to the New York Times that the president paid such a small amount of taxes – saying in a statement obtained by Fox News that Trump "has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government, including paying millions in personal taxes since announcing his candidacy in 2015.”

“The New York Times’ story is riddled with gross inaccuracies. Over the past decade the President has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government," Garten said. "While we tried to explain this to the Times, they refused to listen and rejected our repeated request that they show us any of the documentation they purport to be relying on to substantiate their claims."

He added: "Obviously this is just part of the Times’ ongoing smear campaign in the run up to the election.”

The New York Times did not release the copies of Trump’s tax filings they had received, saying they were protecting sources.

10-15 years of scamming the IRS and the IRS is too stupid to know it? i don't think so.

The Obama administration IRS office that was targeting conservative was actively and illegally spying on the trump campaign didn't find anything wrong with his tax returns during his 1st presidential audit.
This is just another blow up of a story in an attempt to get the judicial activist to deny trump's appeals about these continued fishing expeditions.

These leftist complain about Russian tactics yet that is all they have been using for 4 years is russian tactics.
CliffsNotes version of ludin’s post; NYT is lying because Fox News and a Trump attorney say so.

"The New York Times did not release the copies of Trump’s tax filings they had received, saying they were protecting sources."

Bingo! They are what they say they hate.

It's still early in the day on the west coast and I haven't had the opportunity to hear the pundits at CNN and MSDNC push the "opinions" of the Times while broadcasting this horrific "scandal". I would imagine it goes something like this. They've already found Trump, "traitor", guilty of all the Times "findings" and they'll go onto say Trump is an "illegitimate president" who shouldn't even be allowed to set foot on stage to debate with their darling Biden. Biden, they'll say shouldn't even bother to show up.

They'll also go onto say that this "illegitimate" president is a criminal, and criminals should not be allowed to nominate SC justices. It's gonna' be fun watching them spin this early Oct. surprise and milk it for all it's worth. Buckle up... ;)

Trump himself proclaimed in 2016 not paying taxes makes him "smart".

Was he lying about being smart or not paying taxes?

Context is missing from your post above. Using the tax law in place doesn't make a person stupid. Why should anyone pay more than they "legally" should?

It is safe to assume anyone connected with Trump is lying unless there is proof that they can provide.

Ya’ll are running around shrieking over the *notion* a failed real estate huckster might have been ripping off the IRS. What ****ing sources do you even care about? He’s on tape telling you he lied to you in FEbruary about covid. You have tweets and comments that are in *lockstep* with CCP propganda during that same time period. you’re still here asking wHeRE’s YOuR eViDEnce.

I asked this in another thread: can you just imagine the evidence on display from cons if 4 years ago Hillary’s campaign manager tried to kill himself hours after it was revealed his boss was 100’s of millions in debt. My hair is being whipped back and forth at just the thought of how much “evidence” and sourcing ya’ll would need for that thread.

I believe in objectively true items that are verified. And those that aren’t verified 100% I use common sense and judgement in reviewing that person’s own history and words in comparison to whatever they’re being accused of. If someone says Donald Trump said bad words about people, I’m not the lunatic for thinking it sounds right.

Ever spend any time in the Conspiracy Theory forum? I mean, you obviously have the time. People who tend to believe conspiracy theories tend to believe them all, even if they’re wholly unrelated. Like, we didn’t land on the moon, JFK was shot by his own driver, 9/11 was an inside job and the Boston Marathon bombing was staged. Many Trump haters are the same way. The story or claim could be from someone who they decided were complete liars when they thought that person was associated with Trump but will turn around and believe everything they say as long as it’s anti Trump as if that person’s character shifted dramatically and now, all of sudden, they’re committed servants of the truth that have no reason to lie or exaggerate or be mistaken.

It is safe to assume anyone connected with Trump is lying unless there is proof that they can provide.

It is safe to assume that any anti-Trumper who says they care about the "facts" are full of :poop:

The media have been hostile to Trump from day one. From the very beginning they have been making sensational accusations quoting anonymous one hit piece after another for the past 4 years. Then the media talking heads discuss these stories and their commentary turns from repeating accusations to Trump is guilty without producing any proof. Then they continue to repeat the falsehood over and over again as truth.

This NYT hit piece was released before the first presidential debate to give Biden some new one liners. It should also be noted that the NYT and the Biden campaign were working hand in hand on this hit piece because as soon as it was released, within an hour to 90 minutes later an ad was released and the campaign had buttons for sale on their website all ready made up for sale.

Ya’ll are running around shrieking over the *notion* a failed real estate huckster might have been ripping off the IRS. What ****ing sources do you even care about? He’s on tape telling you he lied to you in FEbruary about covid. You have tweets and comments that are in *lockstep* with CCP propganda during that same time period. you’re still here asking wHeRE’s YOuR eViDEnce.

I asked this in another thread: can you just imagine the evidence on display from cons if 4 years ago Hillary’s campaign manager tried to kill himself hours after it was revealed his boss was 100’s of millions in debt. My hair is being whipped back and forth at just the thought of how much “evidence” and sourcing ya’ll would need for that thread.

I believe in objectively true items that are verified. And those that aren’t verified 100% I use common sense and judgement in reviewing that person’s own history and words in comparison to whatever they’re being accused of. If someone says Donald Trump said bad words about people, I’m not the lunatic for thinking it sounds right.

How about you step up and prove to us just how objective you can be when it comes to Trump. Give is a list of the things Trump has done that you agree with. There has to be 100's of options to choose from so a shortlist of 1 or 2 proves nothing except to verify your well-known bias.

I sure hope that the political Naïveté you have gets sorted at some point.

Yeah, all the cynics refuse to believe Donald J Trump cheated on his taxes.

All Trump has to do to debunk it is release his tax information like Biden did.

How about you step up and prove to us just how objective you can be when it comes to Trump. Give is a list of the things Trump has done that you agree with. There has to be 100's of options to choose from so a shortlist of 1 or 2 proves nothing except to verify your well-known bias.

No.

which is why the times refuses to release the proof to support their story. lmao.
Hmmm, Trump’s sister retired when the NY Times did the first tax story, she knew it was bad.

Context is missing from your post above. Using the tax law in place doesn't make a person stupid. Why should anyone pay more than they "legally" should?

You can believe Donald Trump is completely on the up and up when it comes to his taxes and normal people like us don't get the shaft.

Its like every other story that the liberal media drums up. Its always a nothing burger. Always.
Yes, the liberal media had nothing when they criticized Trump University, forcing that honorable institution to go down in flames and Trump to pay millions. They also forced the Trump Foundation to go out of business by falsely claiming that he paid his bills with donors' dough. They have no shame.

Face it: the only "nothing burgers" we have seen came in a different form of beef: "Trump Steaks," another of Donald's rip offs. The man is a crook. Doesn't mean he couldnt have been a decent president. But the man is a crook.

Uhhh...personal taxes are not income taxes. They are a part of that, but FICA, payroll, property are also personal taxes.

Back
Top Bottom