• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#310]Biden says 'we understand' Poland taking in Ukrainian refugees as thousands cross US southern border

I’m saying that is not good or legal (qualification for asylum). I can usually understand a criminal’s desire to break or ignore the law, but that desire is not justification to do so.
Looking at people who cross the border as criminals isn't really a good thing. A child being pushed up here because their parents don't want them murdered isn't a criminal.

If this is how you look at people then you have a problem.

True, but most migrants aren't coming to the United States to avoid getting murdered.

A hell of a lot of them are.

A side effect of all that killing also destroys economic prospects, which means people have little choice if they want their family to be able to get stuff like, you know, food.

Biden made that claim as what similarities?

I don't know exactly what similarities Biden was claiming. I am simply saying that there are similarities and perhaps he was referring to one of those.

you Biden supporters will accept anything he says much of which has to be backtracked or clarified by the WH staff. We really are screwed because of the hate you people had for Trump.
I can't speak for all of the "you Biden supporters" but i feel I am fairly objective with Biden's statements.

Why are we screwed? It seems Biden is doing a decent job overall. Sorry you disagree. Better luck next election.

Really, what Trump Derangement Syndrome? You see for me it is all about results not feeling like you have as again you have refused to ignore any policy or result Trump generated that warrants this hatred. You bought the conservative spin and rhetoric and are now ignoring the Trump results. It is truly amazing how little you care about Trump's disinterest in the law.

All these endless complaints about Biden and immigration, and you haven't even explained how it personally impacted you or your family, stunning!
Have you thought about giving this to a Fiction editor? Waiting for the results Trump generated that impacted you negatively but then let's get back on track what part of this OP is false and supports Biden actions?

Then why do you want people to move from Chicago to Canada to flee gang violence while you refuse to move from the United States to Russia to flee Liberalism? You really should consider Russia, it's definitely more your speed. They're not even woke. You'd love it there.
You are way off track here what does any of that have to do with the thread topic?

Have you thought about giving this to a Fiction editor? Waiting for the results Trump generated that impacted you negatively but then let's get back on track what part of this OP is false and supports Biden actions?
Have you thought about giving this to a Fiction editor? Constantly whining about Biden immigration policies without explaining how you were impacted negatively?

I don't know exactly what similarities Biden was claiming. I am simply saying that there are similarities and perhaps he was referring to one of those.

I can't speak for all of the "you Biden supporters" but i feel I am fairly objective with Biden's statements.

Why are we screwed? It seems Biden is doing a decent job overall. Sorry you disagree. Better luck next election.
So when you say he is doing a decent job, why then are the poll numbers so low? Apparently the 6.9% inflation in 2021 and 8% so far this year doesn't affect you but it does affect millions and is reflected in the polling data

37.7% on the economy

41.1%

Have you thought about giving this to a Fiction editor? Constantly whining about Biden immigration policies without explaining how you were impacted negatively?
Typical California liberal response when challenged and message destroyed

A hell of a lot of them are.

A side effect of all that killing also destroys economic prospects, which means people have little choice if they want their family to be able to get stuff like, you know, food.
Very few of Ukrainian men are fleeing. It’s mostly women and children. The men are staying to fight so their families can return home. I don’t think you can compare the two things - reasonably.

More stupid shit. Your assumption is that people will move from one bad area to another when there are literally thousands of better places to move in the US. Thousands, and often some are within just 15-20 miles.
You are justifying illegal entry into this country to flee your perceived belief that it is from Mexican drug lords and "shitty" living conditions. You asked about living conditions in this country and I posted pictures. destroys your narrative doesn't it

So when you say he is doing a decent job, why then are the poll numbers so low? Apparently the 6.9% inflation in 2021 and 8% so far this year doesn't affect you but it does affect millions and is reflected in the polling data

37.7% on the economy

41.1%

I didn't care about Trump's polls and I don't care about Biden's.

Do you need polls in order to decide who to vote for? Personally I vote on who I think will do a better job, not on what other people think.

Do you need polls in order to decide who to vote for? Personally I vote on who I think will do a better job, not on what other people think.

No all I need to do and the American people need to do is look at their bank account, the cost of gasoline, food, and other necessary items to realize that 8% inflation is eating away and making things worse. Voting for rhetoric gave us Biden, voting against Trump rhetoric gave us Biden as the Trump results were ignored.

Typical Texan conservative response when challenged and message destroyed
This is a debate forum, too many leftists need to grow up. Results matter and people in California supporting the same ideology over and over again don't have any credibility. Will compare the TX results to California any day

This is a debate forum, too many leftists need to grow up. Results matter and people in California supporting the same ideology over and over again don't have any credibility. Will compare the TX results to California any day
This is a debate forum, too many righties need to grow up. Results matter and people in Texas supporting the same ideology over and over again don’t have any credibility. Will compare the CA results to Texas any day.

This is a debate forum, too many righties need to grow up. Results matter and people in Texas supporting the same ideology over and over again don’t have any credibility. Will compare the CA results to Texas any day.
Says the person who believes Trump was going to revoke parents green card and rhetoric destroyed the country. Wonder who many anti Trump supporters sent their tax cuts back?

No all I need to do and the American people need to do is look at their bank account, the cost of gasoline, food, and other necessary items to realize that 8% inflation is eating away and making things worse. Voting for rhetoric gave us Biden, voting against Trump rhetoric gave us Biden as the Trump results were ignored.

Wait a second...aren't you the one who 2 or 3 months ago, when others were posting about how fast the economy and jobs were growing you kept claiming the word "context" in regards as to why that is happening and that essentially Biden should not get any credit?

I remember it because while I didn't agree with the blanket way you applied the term, I agreed and respected a lot of it as truth and what you were saying made sense.

But now? Where is that same context argument for the gasoline, food prices etc? Your claims essentially boil down to, if something good happened Biden gets no credit, if something bad happened he gets all the credit.

Your objectivity is suspect.

Wait a second...aren't you the one who 2 or 3 months ago, when others were posting about how fast the economy and jobs were growing you kept claiming the word "context" in regards as to why that is happening and that essentially Biden should not get any credit?
Nope, not me, returning jobs aren't new jobs being created and we are still over a million behind pre pandemic job numbers
I remember it because while I didn't agree with the blanket way you applied the term, I agreed and respected a lot of it as truth and what you were saying made sense.

But now? Where is that same context argument for the gasoline, food prices etc? Your claims essentially boil down to, if something good happened Biden gets no credit, if something bad happened he gets all the credit.

Your objectivity is suspect.
What good and why aren't the American people reacting positively to those numbers? He took credit and claims his economic policies are working, working for who? Then there is this thread topic. Why is it every Biden statement has to be walked back by staff members. How can anyone compare Ukraine refugees to illegal immigrants?

we understand that because we have on our southern border thousands of people a day literally, not figuratively, trying to get to the United States."

Oh, no, they're not "trying". Illegal aliens are pouring over our open border and being seeded throughout the USA, courtesy of Joe Biden and the taxpayers' dollars.
There is no "try". There is just do.
I got a good laugh from Biden thinking he was so magnanimous, offering (at least for the moment he said it) 100K Ukraines refuge in America. Like that's a big offer? Jezus, we do that in a month! It's just another day in America.
Pfft...100K. Mayorkas does that in his sleep...

Why is it every Biden statement has to be walked back by staff members. How can anyone compare Ukraine refugees to illegal immigrants?

We're going into Ukraine.
We're taking 100K Ukraines into our country.
We're going to respond in kind if Putin uses chemical weapons.

Now Biden's giving his speech in Poland. This should be good.

Very few of Ukrainian men are fleeing. It’s mostly women and children. The men are staying to fight so their families can return home. I don’t think you can compare the two things - reasonably.

The Ukrainian government also has the advantage of not nearly being as fragmented as, say, the situation in Syria. Condemning people for not wanting to be conscripted into a death squad or murdered for being in the wrong place at the wrong time is unjust.

We(USA) needs to take in more Ukrainian refugees because we are a large part of the blame for why Putin invaded Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom