• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:295]Pete Buttigieg to Quit Democratic Presidential Race

I do not see Buttigieg endorsing against Sanders. He won a scholarship from the JFK liberal for a piece he wrote praising Bernie Sanders as the greatest politician in the USA.

Mayor Pete signifies just how much progress we have made in a very short time in regards to the LBGT community. His candidacy would have been unthinkable in 2004 or 8. As progressives or liberals, we need to understand that the trajectory of our nation is towards our point of view socially and politically. The right is losing and can only keep power due to the outdated way we elect people. Pete is an incredible person and mark my words, one day he will become President.

You're correct

"Elections matter less, liberals are winning the culture wars"

Meanwhile, the vast majority of the country hasn't even weighed in. Our primary system is ****ing stupid.

You keep saying that

What would you change?

Bernie is going have a big delegate lead after Tuesday and he's ahead in MI,PA and WI in the primary. You know the states Hillary couldn't bother to campaign in. All Bernie needs to do is hit Biden with the NAFTA vote and he's history and rightfully so.

and he's ahead in MI,PA and WI in the primary.

You haven't noticed that the race is tightening?

You know the states Hillary couldn't bother to campaign in.

Hey, it didn't matter, She drew no crowds

All Bernie needs to do is hit Biden with the NAFTA vote and he's history and rightfully so

These states voted for Obama

Nah.... Labor Unions do Not want socialized medicine

And Bernie voters will stay home if they cheat him at the convention.

Well, let your illusion let you live with 4 more years of Trump(wink)

Bernie is going have a big delegate lead after Tuesday and he's ahead in MI,PA and WI in the primary. You know the states Hillary couldn't bother to campaign in. All Bernie needs to do is hit Biden with the NAFTA vote and he's history and rightfully so.

Yeah perhaps, but not having the black vote will not help Bernie in the general election though.

Why do you believe that ? Because he's gay ? Or because he is true presidential material ?

Electing someone because of something like race or sex or sexual preference isn't a very good way to decide on who we should vote for.

Remember barack obama ? How many of us voted for him because we thought; "I think it's time America has a black president !"

We'll never know, but it's a significant number I would imagine.

I think many Americans NOW wish a very different person of color would have been who we might have chosen for "our first black president."

Hilary thought she could ride the wave of this "first ____ president" deal and failed.

I'm not sure Americans will be in such a hurry to elect just any old first whatever as president now.

Guess we'll see -shrugs-

He's a Rhodes Scholar and speaks 8 languages, unlike the moron in office. Why we tend to elect people who cannot even speak English is beyond comprehension...I often wonder if Trump's rambling also translates into how he writes. I would bet money his grammar is atrocious.

His voters will vote for Trump more than Biden. Or, they simply won't vote.

If they are willing to vote Trump, they need to definitely reconsider why they are voting for Bernie....the two are polar opposites and one does not translate to the other

Does this mean you’ll be voting in your 3/3 Virginia primary for Sanders, since it’s OPEN? Here’s a link that will take you specifically to your Virginia page of the green papers:

Virginia Democratic Delegation 2020

Notes: state vote is broken down into each of the 11 CDs and then the 15% threshold is applied; the total state vote is then used for two separate calculations after the 15% threshold is applied for the 13 pledged PLEOs and 21 at-large; that’s 13 separate calculations; looking back at NH and SC can help prepare you for Tuesday;

You should be able to find the 25 UNPLEDGED PLEO delegates on this page; these are the superdelegates; that’s where you’ll find who these delegates are and how many per state;

This page will allow you to go to any contest this year. California has 55 calculations on 3/3. They have 79 superdelegates and a whole lot of them support Sanders. Tuesday night will be a very long one for us election geeks.

I'm not going to vote because I don't like any of the candidates.

As far as your CA argument. You'll need to show where you got the "a whole lot of them support Sanders"... where does your source state how the superdelegates would vote?

Yes, I know. Democrats love unethical politicians, as long as they promise them tax dollars.

What unethical thing did Joe Biden do in regards to Ukraine?

And yet a dozen right wingers seem to know (or pretend to) while trying to define them through partisan glasses... :roll:

Too bad people have opinions. Wouldn't it be nice if "the other half" would just shut up and sit down?

other than he isn't very bright and says lots of really stupid things?

I have been reprimanded for saying something negative about an older person, well deserved. So lets examine Biden a bit more. He is not as snappy as others, and although his handlers might advise him to step it up, he just isn't. I remember Ron Paul's debate performances (huge fan). It took him a while to get to the point, but due to time constraint and other rude candidates, he hardly ever got the chance to.
Have you ever talked to an older person? Asked them a question and wondered when they get to it and then, all the sudden, they make a perfectly valid point?
If you think that Biden "isn't very bright and says lots of really stupid things", listen to Trump. I am not saying he isn't making some valid points, eventually, but c'mon, criticize when criticism is due. It takes that guy a long time to circle the airport before he brings the plane in for the landing. Saying Biden is old and feeble is not fair.He comes across as such, but perhaps we just fail to listen.

I have been reprimanded for saying something negative about an older person, well deserved. So lets examine Biden a bit more. He is not as snappy as others, and although his handlers might advise him to step it up, he just isn't. I remember Ron Paul's debate performances (huge fan). It took him a while to get to the point, but due to time constraint and other rude candidates, he hardly ever got the chance to.
Have you ever talked to an older person? Asked them a question and wondered when they get to it and then, all the sudden, they make a perfectly valid point?
If you think that Biden "isn't very bright and says lots of really stupid things", listen to Trump. I am not saying he isn't making some valid points, eventually, but c'mon, criticize when criticism is due. It takes that guy a long time to circle the airport before he brings the plane in for the landing. Saying Biden is old and feeble is not fair.He comes across as such, but perhaps we just fail to listen.
[emphasis added by bubba]

if joe comes across as mentally feeble and weak minded, then you have been listening

What is wrong with the Democratic Party that they're so Biblically-challenged they celebrate an unrepentant sodomite for President?

He embodies far more of what Christians are supposed to value than Trump and it isn't even close. You see, there is more to Christianity than just doing a lip service on Sundays and then cheating on your wife, banging hookers, hating your neighbors, and ruining lives. If some weren't so biblically challenged they'd know that. Or perhaps if some had the intelligence to look at what a person does rather than just if they showed up for attendance they'd see what some people really are.

[emphasis added by bubba]

if joe comes across as mentally feeble and weak minded, then you have been listening

I am not denying that he bloopers. Some people just aren't snappy talkers. BTW, I am not a Biden supporter.

He's a Rhodes Scholar and speaks 8 languages, unlike the moron in office. Why we tend to elect people who cannot even speak English is beyond comprehension...I often wonder if Trump's rambling also translates into how he writes. I would bet money his grammar is atrocious.

Your focus is on irrational hate for one man, rather than reasonable analysis. This is common today unfortunately and demonstrates the power of propaganda over open and honest reporting in media.

OK that makes more sense. Like it or not, people who graduate Magna cum Laude from one of the very best law schools in the world are not morons and a moron could not do so

As I understand it, he never did give his grades. He was a politician. He was hip and cool to the younger crowd. He had two major failures. The health care plan with no viable way to pay for it, and the Iranian deal where he dropped pallets of cash on their heads and got nothing.

I would imagine Buttigieg doesn't want Bernie to win, so he thinks if he drops out now, his potential voters on Super Tuesday will be Biden voters.

Or he ran out of money. Or a combination of both.

What is wrong with the Democratic Party that they're so Biblically-challenged they celebrate an unrepentant sodomite for President?
Nothing, they are just not degenerate hypocrites and bigots like the Trump ass kissers.

Mayor Pete signifies just how much progress we have made in a very short time in regards to the LBGT community. His candidacy would have been unthinkable in 2004 or 8. As progressives or liberals, we need to understand that the trajectory of our nation is towards our point of view socially and politically. The right is losing and can only keep power due to the outdated way we elect people. Pete is an incredible person and mark my words, one day he will become President.

I don't know that he will, but I agree, all points seem to indicate he is an incredible person. Not all incredible people become POTUS, though.

Back
Top Bottom