• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:282]Liz Cheney calls out fellow House Republicans for associating with White nationalist event

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"(CNN)Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming called out two members of her conference who spoke at an event organized by White nationalist Nick Fuentes. "As Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene and Rep Paul Gosar speak at this white supremacist, anti-Semitic, pro-Putin event, silence by Republican Party leaders is deafening and enabling," Cheney tweeted Saturday. "All Americans should renounce this garbage and reject the Putin wing of the GOP now," she added.

Greene, a Georgia Republican, spoke at the America First Political Action Conference in Orlando, Florida, on Friday -- an event founded by the far-right activist Fuentes as an alternative to the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, which is taking place this week.

Gosar appeared at the American First Political Action Conference via a pre-recorded video, HuffPost reported. The Arizona Republican attended the same conference last year, and Cheney was the only member of House GOP leadership to directly call him out over it at the time."

Link

Just a short, quick hop from there to the CPAC Conference.

"(CNN)Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming called out two members of her conference who spoke at an event organized by White nationalist Nick Fuentes. "As Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene and Rep Paul Gosar speak at this white supremacist, anti-Semitic, pro-Putin event, silence by Republican Party leaders is deafening and enabling," Cheney tweeted Saturday. "All Americans should renounce this garbage and reject the Putin wing of the GOP now," she added.

Greene, a Georgia Republican, spoke at the America First Political Action Conference in Orlando, Florida, on Friday -- an event founded by the far-right activist Fuentes as an alternative to the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, which is taking place this week.

Gosar appeared at the American First Political Action Conference via a pre-recorded video, HuffPost reported. The Arizona Republican attended the same conference last year, and Cheney was the only member of House GOP leadership to directly call him out over it at the time."

Link

Ha Ha! Republicans calling out the "Putin wing of the GOP". Priceless.

"He has questioned the number of Jews who were killed in the Holocaust and believes that Israel has a malicious influence on US policy."

White nationalist Nick Fuentes' YouTube channel banned for hate speech |  The Times of Israel

As she should and should all Republicans.

So do you think considering the Putin invasion will CPAC still hold their next convention in Budapest where Hungarian leader Viktor Orban is a Putin ally?

"He has questioned the number of Jews who were killed in the Holocaust and believes that Israel has a malicious influence on US policy."

White nationalist Nick Fuentes' YouTube channel banned for hate speech |  The Times of Israel
He might be partially right about the Israel influence on US policy. I'm not sure about malicious, but I don't think it's a positive influence.

I'm actually a bit pissed that whoever wrote that article lumped Holocaust denial and criticism of Israel's influence on the USA together, because they are wildly different areas.

At least in reality, regardless of whether a white nationalist idiot might lump them together under some vast conspiracy theory about Jews controlling the world or something.

They are the party right now. Trump was their big opening to push their agenda harder.

Liz Cheney....the republican darling of the left.

Notice how they cheer for her all the while chasing Krysten Sinema into bathroom stalls.

It's amazing.

Notice how they cheer for her all the while chasing Krysten Sinema into bathroom stalls.

It's amazing.
Tell us more about why you think Liz Cheney shouldn't call out white supremacists. What is your personal reason for choosing to side with white supremacists?

Tell us more about why you think Liz Cheney shouldn't call out white supremacists. What is your personal reason for choosing to side with white supremacists?

Can you show me where I said I side with white surpemacists pleast. I'll ask to have that post deleted.

If you can't, I'll just assume you are like the myriad of posters here who like to make stuff up.

Link

Not alone.

Can you show me where I said I side with white surpemacists pleast. I'll ask to have that post deleted.

If you can't, I'll just assume you are like the myriad of posters here who like to make stuff up.
You're siding against Liz Cheney in a thread where she was calling out white supremacists. If you'd agreed with her statement, wouldn't you have said so?

It's amazing.
Are you in favor of federal representatives of either party speaking at an event organized by a white supremacist?

You're siding against Liz Cheney in a thread where she was calling out white supremacists. If you'd agreed with her statement, wouldn't you have said so?

What I think I said was:

1. Look at Liz Cheney....republican darling of the left.
2. Funny how you cheer her on (love what she does)
3. All the while harrassing and bothering Krysten Sinema becasue she's telling you to stuff your agenda.

Now.....please let me know if you see it differently.

I don't believe I've commented on her statement.

If so, please point it out.

Are you in favor of federal representatives of either party speaking at an event organized by a white supremacist?

I don't care who organizes an event.

I do care about what is said there.

If the rally, gathering has people there spouting hate speech (against any group....including whites) I think it is wrong.

I don't care if they belong to congress or not.

You're weirdly obsessed with following women into bathrooms and that's not healthy.

I get that you won't call out your own ilk for harrassing and individual who disagrees with them.

I don't call that unhealthy.

I call that having a lack of integrity.

What I think I said was:

1. Look at Liz Cheney....republican darling of the left.
2. Funny how you cheer her on (love what she does)
3. All the while harrassing and bothering Krysten Sinema becasue she's telling you to stuff your agenda.

Now.....please let me know if you see it differently.

I don't believe I've commented on her statement.

If so, please point it out.
Correct, you refuse to agree with her. With something as simple as opposing white supremacists, why would you instead try and deflect the conversation?

I get that you won't call out your own ilk for harrassing and individual who disagrees with them.

I don't call that unhealthy.

I call that having a lack of integrity.
Have you considered that I'm just ignoring your whataboutism deflection? I'm calling out your deflection, why are you surprised that I am not engaging it?

Back
Top Bottom