• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:2761] Trump says he expects to be arrested Tuesday

I wish GA or DC would get out ahead of this, after all it is the target that has broken the news of his pending indictment/arrest.

Well . . .

His team said after Trump’s post that it had not received any notifications from prosecutors.
“No one tells us anything which is very frustrating. President Trump is basing his response on press reports,” Tacopina said in a statement to CNN.

It's not like the "target" has specific knowledge. In fact, the supposed target has reason to promote falsehoods (as is consistent with himself):

The former president has been agitating for his team to get his base riled up and believes that an indictment would help him politically, multiple people briefed on the matter told CNN.

What are you concerned with?

I'm concerned with getting him into a courtroom and giving him a trial...and a proper one at that. I want the prosecution to be competent, motivated and well prepared, and I want the defense to be likewise. I want him to face 12 jurors and have his fate lie in their hands.

The order of the crimes he faces trial for is utterly immaterial to me. All that matters to me is that he faces trial for them.

WOKE (noun) while it was meant to mean means "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination," it's been bastardized by the right-wing to mean anything liberals do that conservatives don't like. Thus, raising taxes on the rich, is now woke.

So, when DeSantis bans books and fires liberal professors, isn't be engaging in what the right calls cancel culture?
No. He's banning the wrong books for the right reasons.
Kids shouldn't have them in the school libraries.
And getting rid of Liberal professors if they disobey the law.
The country doesn't need any more WOKE professors who teach students they are either oppressed or they are the oppressors.

I don’t think the level of charge is up to the defendant.
They do it all the time in "Law&Order" episodes through their lawyers. In this case with Trump he might want to see a Trumped-up charge to gain greater sympathy.

Recall that Trump was the unindicted Individual One because for some reason a sitting president can't be indicted. Now he's a private person.

There's a lot of good reason to not indict a sitting President, not the least of which is to prevent interference of the People's choice by other government legal entities.

A President, as a representative of the People, can only be interfered with by the People themselves, through their House of Representatives via Congressional action.

It's actually a great system, IMHO.

I understand that there cannot be any overt communication between jurisdictions when the same target is involved, but in my estimation, the Manhattan case is the thinnest one. If that one drops first, I think it clouds anything following.

"Clouds"?

Or, opens the floodgates?

The country doesn't need any more WOKE professors who teach students they are either oppressed or they are the oppressors.
So, a book on the Civil Rights era should be banned? What is the reason for that?

So, progress on this front is being made. Once again, our victim in chief is saying "woe is me" rather than the statesman approach of taking this like a man, telling his people he "has got this", just go home and justice will prevail.

This idea of telling people to take to the streets shows he learned nothing by Jan 6 and is more than happy to cheer on another insurrection. He clearly has no love for America. This man has no business anywhere near the white house.

Of course this is Trump revealing this story. It would be custom for the Manhattan DA's office to "negotiate his surrender", so he would have indication this was coming.
Let me see if I get this. D.A. Bragg thinks it's OK to charge violent attacks on hospital nurses as a misdemeanor or low-grad felony so that the Courts are helpless to hold the person on bail pending a trial that will never happen while government resources are conserved for prosecuting ....... Donald Trump for an offense that hurt no one.

Why wouldn't the crime be clear cut and serious? If it's not clear cut and serious the D.A. wouldn't waste his time or risk his reputation on a case he'd lose.

The bolded is my take.

I had serious doubts of Trump being charged, and firmly believed a guilty verdict in this case would be extremely hard to come by. I'm still not so sure he will even be charged.

But if he is charged, that completely turns my opinion around. Because then, in my mind it becomes more possible he may be found guilty. I do not believe prosecutors will bring a case, unless they have reasonable confidence in prevailing in a guilty verdict.

No, seriously, all these Republicans fighting so hard for a lawbreaker should use that same energy and fight for kids who don't have enough to eat or can't afford ther basics or don't have parents.
"WE GOT YOU OUT OF THE WOMB SAFELY OUR PRO LIFE STANCE ENDS THERE NOW GET A JOB YOU LITTLE MOOCHER"

Any person who shall, acting on behalf of a candidate or political
committee, knowingly and willfully solicit, organize or coordinate the
formation of activities of one or more unauthorized committees, make
expenditures in connection with the nomination for election or election
of any candidate, or solicit any person to make any such expenditures,
for the purpose of evading the contribution limitations of this article,
shall be guilty of a class E felony.

He is calling for protests. What does he expect that means? He is a clear and present danger to America.

When he dies I wonder if the other Presidents will attend his funeral?
I think we all know the answer to that: a resounding no!

Let me see if I get this. D.A. Bragg thinks it's OK to charge violent attacks on hospital nurses as a misdemeanor or low-grad felony so that the Courts are helpless to hold the person on bail pending a trial that will never happen while government resources are conserved for prosecuting ....... Donald Trump for an offense that hurt no one.
So people shouldn't be charged for crimes that hurt no one??

They do it all the time in "Law&Order" episodes through their lawyers. In this case with Trump he might want to see a Trumped-up charge to gain greater sympathy.
Wait, wut, did you just use a fictional tv show to bolster your stance?

Burn this book!!!!

The-Road-to-Serfdom-First-Edition1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom