• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:268] [W:288]More Senseless Gun Violence

gun ownership in countries is correlated with gun related deaths.
The more guns, generally, the more gun related deaths.
I don't think this is even really a question is it?

It doesn't make much sense when comparing it to places that have more guns per Capita but less gun violence such as Sweden.

Guns are definitely a significant part of the gun violence problem in the US.

Take suicide out of the equation and violence against others isn't as significant. Even though suicide in places like Japan is higher.

I am for arming women and disarming men.

That's not equal rights the left so often complains about. But we always known that, the left doesn't really want equality, but shift to the majority on key leftwing politics.

Quite ironic as I find most gun controllers bring up semantics such as nuclear weapons. Then don't understand the Constitution, Supreme Court rulings and then have to go back to semantics arguments again.
Well lets face it, a gun is not the same thing as a nuclear weapon.

And the beat goes on

And the beat goes on

As long as a subset of the population believes shooting children is the proper response to a dispute between two 9 year-olds, yes, events like this will keep occurring.

What is this incident evidence of, besides the complete rot in the character and culture of people?

And to your Borg-like broken-record messaging, what law can remedy that rot in character and culture?

What law will bring the firearm murder rate for Black males aged 15 -17 just into equilibrium with the firearm murder rate of non-Hispanic White males aged 15 - 17?

For 2019, the firearm murder rate for Black males aged 15 -17 was 19 times the rate for non-Hispanic White males aged 15 - 17.

Screengrabs of CDC data from the CDC's WISQARS tool:

BM_1517.jpg

WM_1517.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen the Center-Left promote stupid things like more guns and no masks. Sorry, I'm not buying your weaseling whataboutism.
I support one and not the other. And I know Democrats that do the same.

As long as a subset of the population believes shooting children is the proper response to a dispute between two 9 year-olds, yes, events like this will keep occurring.

What is this incident evidence of, besides the complete rot in the character and culture of people?

And to your Borg-like broken-record messaging, what law can remedy that rot in character and culture?

What law will bring the firearm murder rate for Black males aged 15 -17 just into equilibrium with the firearm murder rate of non-Hispanic White males aged 15 - 17?

For 2019, the firearm murder rate for Black males aged 15 -17 was 19 times the rate for non-Hispanic White males aged 15 - 17.

Screengrabs of CDC data from the CDC's WISQARS tool:

View attachment 67355079

View attachment 67355080
That is racism pure and simple. You only consider black and white and not the social situation.

That is racism pure and simple. You only consider black and white and not the social situation.
what is the social situation that causes that massive disparity?

what is the social situation that causes that massive disparity?
Three hundred and fifty years of a racist southern slave culture that abused American blacks until perhaps the current generation. It will take generations to fix the social problems.

Three hundred and fifty years of a racist southern slave culture that abused American blacks until perhaps the current generation. It will take generations to fix the social problems.
I think it is more the war on drugs and the high rate of illegitimate births in the black community. Maybe those can be attributed to slavery and its aftermath=maybe not

I think it is more the war on drugs and the high rate of illegitimate births in the black community. Maybe those can be attributed to slavery and its aftermath=maybe not
It is obvious they are symptoms of being abused and forced and born into an underclass.

It is obvious they are symptoms of being abused and forced and born into an underclass.
perhaps but lots of gun owners are tired of being told that we need more gun laws mainly due to the crime numbers generated by that part of society.

perhaps but lots of gun owners are tired of being told that we need more gun laws mainly due to the crime numbers generated by that part of society.
Arming Blacks to protect themselves is a first step. Historically they were bared from being armed and many in law enforcement still distrust Blacks who are armed.

Arming Blacks to protect themselves is a first step. Historically they were bared from being armed and many in law enforcement still distrust Blacks who are armed.
liberal gun control laws have always been motivated-in large part-by a desire to disarm blacks

liberal gun control laws have always been motivated-in large part-by a desire to disarm blacks
I agree. That is why I am pushing registering gun owners. Black, White, whatever, if you stand up and acknowledge you own guns and swear to use them lawfully then we will have a political force that is very powerful.

I agree. That is why I am pushing registering gun owners. Black, White, whatever, if you stand up and acknowledge you own guns and swear to use them lawfully then we will have a political force that is very powerful.
registering gun owners has no value in increasing lawful gun ownership and can be abused to harass gun owners and confiscate firearms. Merely owning guns means you have to use them lawfully or face criminal and civil penalties.

lol...bs. Do you even know what "liberal" means, TD?

Hint: It's not Southern Conservative Democrats. Those guys were more like modern day Republicans.

lol...bs. Do you even know what "liberal" means, TD?

Hint: It's not Southern Conservative Democrats. Those guys were more like modern day Republicans.
DEMOCRAT gun control schemes-be it the 1830s, the 1870s, the 1900s the 1930s the 1960s and currently have always been strongly motivated by a desire to keep blacks disarmed

DEMOCRAT gun control schemes-be it the 1830s, the 1870s, the 1900s the 1930s the 1960s and currently have always been strongly motivated by a desire to keep blacks disarmed
Ignorance is not knowing the difference between Democrats of the 1830's, 1870's, 1900's, 1930's and 1960's. So, please continue.

Ignorance is not knowing the difference between Democrats of the 1830's, 1870's, 1900's, 1930's and 1960's. So, please continue.
well one thing hasn't changed in over 100 years-wanting to disarm blacks

If I were in law enforcement, and read about, or otherwise caught wind that someone, regardless of political lean, had repeatedly bragged about shooting another human being for any reason, I would most definately feel compelled as an LEO, to keep a close eye on that individual per my civic duty to 'protect and serve' the members of my community.

Back
Top Bottom