• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:268] [W:288]More Senseless Gun Violence

20-22 Red States lead all others in recent COVID deaths. Proof that the Right is dumb.

I know. Truth hurts.

They are dumb on gun issues too. 40-plus thousand gun deaths per year proves it.
Parties are the problem We need to think for ourselves and separate the red meat issues that the two parties use to divide us.

Parties are the problem We need to think for ourselves and separate the red meat issues that the two parties use to divide us.
I haven't seen the Center-Left promote stupid things like more guns and no masks. Sorry, I'm not buying your weaseling whataboutism.

I haven't seen the Center-Left promote stupid things like more guns and no masks. Sorry, I'm not buying your weaseling whataboutism.
So you are still tied to a party and don't understand that you can think independently.

So you are still tied to a party and don't understand that you can think independently.
No, I'm not tied to a party. But, I do recognize stupid. The Right's position on guns, masks and vaccines is incredibly stupid. Fact.

Responsible Murr-kin gun owner charged with four counts of aggravated assault and one count of recklessly endangering another person.

Probably had no trouble at all purchasing his semi-automatic handgun.

After all, this is Murr-ca..................................................

No, I'm not tied to a party. But, I do recognize stupid. The Right's position on guns, masks and vaccines is incredibly stupid. Fact.
But you can't argue it cogently. Separate the issues and you might find I agree with you on some.

Responsible Murr-kin gun owner charged with four counts of aggravated assault and one count of recklessly endangering another person.

do you think wild speculation has any value in this discussion?

do you think wild speculation has any value in this discussion?
At least he is doing more in this "discussion" than you are by gaslighting and insulting people.

But you can't argue it cogently.
It ties together, but stupid is as stupid does covers the bases well. The Right is pretty stupid BECAUSE it does stupid shit. Guns are a perfect example of that.
Separate the issues and you might find I agree with you on some.
Likely true.

I haven't seen that.
lol...of course not. You're gun supporting allies. We've seen how you all cover each other's hind parts in the GCF. Ask @Big Steve, he sucked right up after being tricked into throwing TD under the bus...lol

Has anyone seen any logical solutions proposed from the posters who apparently are upset over gun violence and lawful gun ownership?

lol...of course not. You're gun supporting allies. We've seen how you all cover each other's hind parts in the GCF. Ask @Big Steve ...lol
You obviously haven't followed my discussions on gun control.

You obviously haven't followed my discussions on gun control.
I agree with that linked post. I bet TD does not.

You should ask him.

I am an independent as should we all be,
I'm just saying, none of the gun zealots here will buy into your proposal. And, I'm right about TD not contributing a single argument in this thread beyond gaslighting and hurling out insults.

I'm just saying, none of the gun zealots here will buy into your proposal. And, I'm right about TD not contributing a single argument in this thread beyond gaslighting and hurling out insults.
You have not approached the center, What do you think is a realistic solution that will work?

you post trolling nonsense attacking gun ownership. your posts try to smear lawful gun owners by pretending those who kill others are "good guys with guns". Your posts constantly insult lawful gun owners and attempt to engage in "guilt by association". this thread is proof of that-it appears the girl killed was killed by a police officer. I point out that the anti gun posters never ever have logical and constitutionally sound solutions for gun violence. And I note that is because gun violence is not what really motivates anti gun posts-rather the motivation is baiting pro gun advocates

You have not approached the center, What do you think is a realistic solution that will work?
You know I have denied that registration of gun owners will have any value. but at least you gave it a shot

You know I have denied that registration of gun owners will have any value. but at least you gave it a shot
I know. I think registered gun owners would be a significate political force not tied to either party. (Many gun owners are Democrats.)

This time gunfire erupted at a baby shower. Yes, you heard that right: a baby shower.

Nuts.
So I went and reread this and wonder if the alleged shooter, and soon to be father as I saw in a different source, was part of the volunteer fire department or if they just rented space at the fire department for the baby shower? Although iit was not mentioned I think it is safe to assume a few adult beverages contributed to this shooting

I long ago vowed off of gun debates because gun owners - or should I say "certain" gun owners (you know the ones I mean) - get really really triggered by gun threads and tend to lash out with off topic talking points, hyperbole, semantics, insults and anger.

SO I will just:

View attachment 67354726

So far, this isn't a gun debate. It's just a news story about a dad to be who decided to shoot 3 people at his own unborn child's baby shower.

Pure hyperbole... as usual.

We likely could, but then someone would bitch about their right to privacy being taken away.

We could also take away some people's rights to have children, then we wouldn't have to worry about them shooting up their own baby showers.

So far, this isn't a gun debate. It's just a news story about a dad to be who decided to shoot 3 people at his own unborn child's baby shower.
They really don't care. It's just a bunch of anti-gun squealing. We see it in thread after thread! Condition normal at DP.

Back
Top Bottom