• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:268] [W:288]More Senseless Gun Violence

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I long ago vowed off of gun debates because gun owners - or should I say "certain" gun owners (you know the ones I mean) - get really really triggered by gun threads and tend to lash out with off topic talking points, hyperbole, semantics, insults and anger.

SO I will just:

0c49bdda0131a9338163f6022c0a647f12602e8a8242d0914d66fb013d51149e.gif

I long ago vowed off of gun debates because gun owners - or should I say "certain" gun owners (you know the ones I mean) - get really really triggered by gun threads and tend to lash out with off topic talking points, hyperbole, semantics, insults and anger.
Actually, that ^ is the only reason I now engage in these threads.

Violence breaks out at a family gathering. Sounds par for the course for a lot of families.

Violence breaks out at a family gathering. Sounds par for the course for a lot of families.
lol...maybe my family was lucky that no one carried a gun back then.

SO I will just:

View attachment 67354726

I don't see the point of gun threads anymore? We're never going to ban the 400 million of them out there in the US.

I don't see the point of gun threads anymore? We're never going to ban the 400 million of them out there in the US.
the main goal of threads like these are to try to troll gun rights advocates and pretend that most gun owners are no different than the idiots who shoot up baby showers.

the main goal of threads like these are to try to troll gun rights advocates and pretend that most gun owners are no different than the idiots who shoot up baby showers.

There's no doubt that guns make killing easier than other methods but they're not evil by themselves. Though some people probably shouldn't own one, we can't always accurately determine who those people are.

There's no doubt that guns make killing easier than other methods but they're not evil by themselves. Though some people probably shouldn't own one, we can't always accurately determine who those people are.
We likely could, but then someone would bitch about their right to privacy being taken away.

Same state; same senseless gun violence. 7-yr old girl dead.

The story I read said the alleged shooter was the father to be. I hope the mother is a better example of what a parent should be for the welfare of the child.

The story I read said the alleged shooter was the father to be. I hope the mother is a better example of what a parent should be for the welfare of the child.
jesus

Any more senseless then other violence? You seem to indicate guns have an evil intelligence all their own.

Any more senseless then other violence? You seem to indicate guns have an evil intelligence all their own.
Guns make it deadlier, obviously.

Well, it is obvious for most of us. Others are a bit slow to catch on.

SO I will just:

View attachment 67354726
How'a rhR "vow" going?

I would think you would address the cause and not the tool.
The tool is the problem. Only the gun zealots attempt to deflect from that fact by saying it is not.

The tool is the problem. Only the gun zealots attempt to deflect from that fact by saying it is not.
That is "magic" thinking.

See, too many guns. Now, nearly every location in the US has the potential to become the next OK Corral.
since you didn't even know who shot the girl and where that gun came from, your comments are stupid

That is "magic" thinking.
gun ownership in countries is correlated with gun related deaths.
The more guns, generally, the more gun related deaths.
I don't think this is even really a question is it?

I would think you would address the cause and not the tool.
He didn't have a clue who did the shooting-where the firearm came from, who possessed the firearm. It was designed to troll and smear gun owners, hoping the uneducated would blame honest gun owners. It turns out that the bullet most likely came from a police handgun.

Back
Top Bottom