• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:268] [W:288]More Senseless Gun Violence

well one thing hasn't changed in over 100 years-wanting to disarm blacks
Actually, we aim to disarm crazy white guys, you know, the ones who think they are ****ing Rambo.

Actually, we aim to disarm crazy white guys, you know, the ones who think they are ****ing Rambo.

Perhaps the most dangerous terrorists...

Murr-ca................................................

Perhaps the most dangerous terrorists...

Murr-ca................................................
does constantly repeating that stupid "Murr-ca"somehow make up for a lack of a valid argument. the shooter at Vegas was a federal employee with a net worth of around 10million dollars: Paddock had a valid pilot's license and TWO planes

rather than merely posting nonsense, why don't you educate us on what laws would have prevented him from carrying out his massacre given he had planned it for over a year

That is racism pure and simple. You only consider black and white and not the social situation.

No racism, just crime statistics / facts that you do not want to address.

Murder is murder and it is especially absurd to argue that there is a "social situation" that either compels or excuses (I'm not sure which angle you are coming from) that says, "I'm Black so I'm allowed to kill Black people because of 400 years of oppression of Black people".

Here, let's widen the sample to males aged 15 to 29 . . .

We will work from three screen grabs for 2019, again from the CDC (click on thumbnails).

First, the nation as a whole showing the total gun murders and total population:

2019_AllBothAll.jpg

Now gun murders for Black Males aged 15 -29 and White Males aged 15 - 29:

2019_BM_15to29.jpg

2019_WM_15to29.jpg

Let's pull those numbers apart . . .

Black Males aged 15 -29 are 1.68% of the total US population but experience 29.37% of the nation's gun murders.
White Males aged 15 - 29 are 5.65% of the total US population and experience 4.93% of the nation's gun murders.

To really put this incredible disparity of "senseless gun violence" into perspective, consider this unavoidable truth -- if Black males aged 15-29 were murdered at the same rate as non-Hispanic White males aged 15-29, there would have been 212 instead of 4,234 young Black men being murdered in 2019, a 95% reduction. (55.41074 X 3.83 = 212.223)

So what societal remedy would you suggest, if I was really a racist, I might suggest we could just tell young Black men to act more White.

Murder is murder and it is especially absurd to argue that there is a "social situation" that either compels or excuses (I'm not sure which angle you are coming from) that says, "I'm Black so I'm allowed to kill Black people because of 400 years of oppression of Black people".

We will work from three screen grabs for 2019, again from the CDC (click on thumbnails).

First, the nation as a whole showing the total gun murders and total population:

View attachment 67355158

View attachment 67355159

View attachment 67355160

Black Males aged 15 -29 are 1.68% of the total US population but experience 29.37% of the nation's gun murders.
White Males aged 15 - 29 are 5.65% of the total US population and experience 4.93% of the nation's gun murders.

To really put this incredible disparity of "senseless gun violence" into perspective, consider this unavoidable truth -- if Black males aged 15-29 were murdered at the same rate as non-Hispanic White males aged 15-29, there would have been 212 instead of 4,234 young Black men being murdered in 2019, a 95% reduction. (55.41074 X 3.83 = 212.223)

So what societal remedy would you suggest, if I was really a racist, I might suggest we could just tell young Black men to act more White.
Why did you separate the

View attachment 67355158

View attachment 67355159

View attachment 67355160

If you adjust for class the differences disappear.

I guess that for every one hundred worthless gun nuts, we have us one legitimate hero.

13 people Shot at Kroger today<---unbelievable statement, if this was a more sane world not run by gun nuts.

I remember when shootings like this use to be breaking news. Had I not happened to go to YT for something I wouldn't have even know it happened. Sad.

I remember when shootings like this use to be breaking news. Had I not happened to go to YT for something I wouldn't have even know it happened. Sad.
The morons on the Right are getting their utopian dream. Daily mass shootings, daily mass deaths from COVID, people without insurance being turned away for treatment for cancer and heart disease while those with the insurance dish out tens of thousands for "approved" treatments that do not even work very well, hungry children, homelessness on the rise....

That the assholes keep voting for these things proves that they are assholes, IMO.

Alternate title: More Senseless Posts that Use Senseless Gun Violence as a Springboard to the Shallow End of a Pool of Partisan Dribble
Does that ^ mean you will obsess about Kawasaki motorcycles again?

"Out themselves"?

As what? As people who follow a time honored bit of internet advice relating to providing sustenance?

"Out themselves"?

As what? As people who follow a time honored bit of internet advice relating to providing sustenance?
This thread is about senseless gun violence. Talk about it. Can you?

What substance can be brought to a discussion of the senseless? Your own efforts have been exactly as I described them. Not focused on the "senseless gun violence" at all. Rather, using that as a springboard to senseless partisan attack and baiting.

Outing yourself, as a matter of fact.

"Out themselves"?

the goal is trying to smear the millions of law abiding gun owners with the crimes of a small number of assholes-hoping that stupid people will assume most gun owners are similar to the assholes.

the goal is trying to smear the millions of law abiding gun owners with the crimes of a small number of assholes-hoping that stupid people will assume most gun owners are similar to the assholes.
I don't think he's even put that much thought into it.

Pointing out gun violence is what I do. Those who ignore the carnage out themselves.
we agree totally. its a case of throwing shit at the wall at hoping if he throws enough, some will stick.

You mean the irresponsible gun owners who pull their guns on innocent people three times in less than ten years and even ends up shooting one, needing major legal beagling to convince two judges, a DA and grand jury to save their budding law career.

Those law abiding gun owners?

You mean the irresponsible gun owners who pull their guns on innocent people three times in less than ten years and even ends up shooting one, needing major legal beagling to convince two judges, a DA and grand jury to save their budding law career.

Those law abiding gun owners?
when Calamity's silly arguments get thrashed, he tries to claim what he thinks I did was "irresponsible" even though he has no credibility in this area and cannot find a single person who backs him up on this. He makes slanderous claims about me because his bullshit arguments are just that-complete and utter bullshit

Back
Top Bottom