• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:26] Black Lives Matter holds rally in Chicago to support those arrested after looting, unrest

Moderator's Warning:
Y'all need to cool it, for real. Half this thread already has been bitching at other posters. That is enough, it is time to behave like rational adults, make arguments that address the topic and reply to other's arguments without snarky insults or petty tit-for-tat retorts. Do you get me? This goes for everyone, stay on topic, address the topic and the topic alone, refrain from speaking of others other than to address their arguments. Tired of this, too early to deal with you folk. Keep it civil or else, failure to abide this warning may result in moderator action and/or thread-banning.

All posts made prior to this warning are still subject to Moderator review and action

Misguided violence and misguided support. Black lives need to matter more but this isn't the way.

BLM should be called out by the left for supporting rioting, looting, and violence.

We didn't have race riots during clinton, bush, obama. Racism existed than but because we now for the first time in decades have a racist president, race riots have increased.

Ummmmmmmmm, this is lefties attacking lefties.

Just as I thought. Absolve trump for his failed policies. Trumpkins are so pathetic. If this was going on during obama I have no doubt you would have blamed him.

This is lefties attacking lefties.

Right you are! Incidents revolving Oscar Grant, Michael Brown and Freddie Gray were "Civil Rights Actions". Even the response to George Floyd was a civil rights action until the Trump sponsored Boogaloo Boys hijacked the movement and started looting and burning. All other current references to "riots" are a myth that is being promoted in DC circles for purely political reasons and likely instigated by Putin in an effort to get Trump re-elected.

I hate to burst you bubble but he is probably going to like your post.

Oh look, more stupid partisan smears from PoS, who of course would never take personal responsibility for anything another right winger does, like this murdering nazi scum:

Charlottesville Circuit Court Judge Richard Moore sentenced James Fields, 22, to life plus 419 years, as recommended by the jury that found him guilty last December of murder plus eight counts of malicious wounding and a hit-and-run offense.

“Mr. Fields, you deserve the sentence the jury gave. What you did was an act of terror,” Moore said.

Neo-Nazi gets second life sentence in murder of protester in Virginia - Reuters

No, it's only those "Libs" that are personally responsible for the actions of anyone PoS calls a "Lib".

:roll:

Moronic and dishonest in the extreme. Then again PoS's hackish 4th-grade-level smears always have more than a little hypocrisy in them...

This is the left attacking the left.

Well I don't agree with what this chick said. She's an idiot. BLM needs a different spokesperson that doesn't say such dumb ass ****e. She isn't helping their just cause.

That's just it. BLM doesn't give a **** about black lives. Far more blacks have been harmed by the BLM movement than all police incidents added together.

This is the left attacking the left.

This will apparently surprise Trumpists, but "the left" is made up of different people who are not responsible for each others' actions.

Kinda puts a crimp in the OP's dishonest attempt at point-scoring.

You are the king of personal tacks. No one comes close to you.

Ah, well, this might be another thing that might surprise Trumpists, but the post is not the person and the person is not the post.

Totally twisted logic: Looting is our right

Black Lives Matter Chicago said early Monday's looting of stores was a form of 'reparations' as the group held a protest Monday night in support of the more than 100 people arrested after an evening of violence. Downtown Chicago was otherwise quiet after authorities cut off access, with drawbridges leading into the city pulled up and freeway exits blocked after riots sparked by a false rumor of a child shot by police. At least 13 police officers were injured as the violence claimed an estimated $65 million in property damage. Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, called the looting 'reparations'. 'I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,' Atkins said. 'That makes sure that person has clothes. 'Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.'

Here is a source that covers it is detail, lots of photos and videos, except source police will most likely not even look at it.

Home | Daily Mail Online

If the source directly quotes, then the source is irrelevant as long as the quote can be verified independently.

Ok, so you do not understand that it is moronic and dishonest in the extreme, not to mention hypocritical, for you to act like one BLM spokesman represents "libs", all for the purpose of making yet another tiresome hackish attack on "Libs".

That's all you had to say. No need to get worked up and make personal attacks. And especially no need to do what you just did: make a big show of running away from the point. But you do you.

This is, of course, assuming you aren't just lying to further the Trumpist line with dishonest attacks on your perceived enemies. Were you doing that again?

I suppose it doesn't matter after a point.

BLM spokesman have spoken, the real BLM spokesman.

Ah, a fellow Trumpist comes charging in all shining in white armor, only to fail miserably....

1. "libs" do not owe you anything.

2. It is as stupid and dishonest as the OP to pretend that "libs" support something unless they come flocking to condemn a target that a Trumpist has demanded be condemned.

3. Predicrably, you lie about things already said in the thread:

:lol:

Will you call BLM out? In not, then you support them.

This will apparently surprise Trumpists, but "the left" is made up of different people who are not responsible for each others' actions.

Kinda puts a crimp in the OP's dishonest attempt at point-scoring.

Ah, well, this might be another thing that might surprise Trumpists, but the post is not the person and the person is not the post.

Are you willing to call BLM out? If not then you support them.

Will you call BLM out? In not, then you support them.

Oh, I already explained that that is a stupid and dishonest game for you to play:

Ah, a fellow Trumpist comes charging in all shining in white armor, only to fail miserably....

1. "libs" do not owe you anything.

2. It is as stupid and dishonest as the OP to pretend that "libs" support something unless they come flocking to condemn a target that a Trumpist has demanded be condemned.

3. Predicrably, you lie about things already said in the thread:

:lol:

I don't dance on command.

PS: I've got five quote notifications from you alone in this thread, all between 11:10 a.m. and 11:14 a.m. (Edit: and now a sixth, at 11:17 am).

...seriously?

They are shooting themselves if the foot here. There was lots of support for change and progress, but if they start promoting looting and violence they're going to lose everything they could have gained. After Floyd's death, even his family had came out and condemned the rioting and looting. The rioting and looting was mostly scavengers and crooks looking for free stuff or an excuse for crime. Many of the protesters were peaceful and many of the protests were peaceful and people wanted change.

But if the organizations start to come out in actual defense of the looting, as appears to be the case here (it is Fox News, so probably gotta take it with a grain of salt), it's going to undo any sympathy that they had and any call for change that we do need. It's ****ing dumb for this chapter itself to make excuses for the looting and violence.

That's just it. BLM doesn't give a **** about black lives. Far more blacks have been harmed by the BLM movement than all police incidents added together.

I disagree. I get what they stand for and I support them. Though in any worthy organization, occasionally someone says something idiotic (or makes a statement that is taken out of context) that the opposition uses as ammo. I don't agree with what this particular woman said and it is not going to help further their cause in the long run.

They are shooting themselves if the foot here. There was lots of support for change and progress, but if they start promoting looting and violence they're going to lose everything they could have gained. After Floyd's death, even his family had came out and condemned the rioting and looting. The rioting and looting was mostly scavengers and crooks looking for free stuff or an excuse for crime. Many of the protesters were peaceful and many of the protests were peaceful and people wanted change.

But if the organizations start to come out in actual defense of the looting, as appears to be the case here (it is Fox News, so probably gotta take it with a grain of salt), it's going to undo any sympathy that they had and any call for change that we do need. It's ****ing dumb for this chapter itself to make excuses for the looting and violence.

I watched her statement via NBC. Unfortunately she did say that. I agree, they're shooting themselves in the foot here.

Back
Top Bottom