• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:2475] Ariz. State Senate Hears Preliminary Audit Report

Tax cuts always reduce revenue. Basic math. If you collect something at 30% and then change that to 22%, you will as a matter of mathematical certainty, collect less than had you been collecting at 30%.

And yet the revenues increased.

Do you understand the difference(s) between static and dynamic projections?

Nothing in your post is correct. Every single economic metric was on the same unchanging trend line from 2010 until the pandemic. Trump did nothing but ride Obama’s economic cost tails, while EXPLODING the deficit and debt at a faster rate than did obama. We did not repatriat a trillion dollars

Why do you present these inaccuracies.

You do so with such consistency that it shows you to be either outlandishly ignorant or a pathological liar.

The 2016 economy was flattening. The Obama Recovery did not start until the recession had ended in June 2009. Following that, the economy did not get back to pre-recession levels until 2013.”

And? June 2009 just happens to roughly coincide with the passing of the Obama stimulous bill. From that day on the GOP blocked every single effort to do a second package. Instead they staged a series of government shutdowns and filibusters, to throw sand in the gears of the Obama Administration’s fiscal efforts. That delayed and insured a slow recovery.

“The Great Recession was the result of every relaxation of the Post Depression Banking rules since 1932. The last major blow to these was signed by Clinton completely ending the Glass-Steagall legislation of the 30's.”

The legislation you referred to was the Graham Leach Bliely act. It’s architect was Phil Graham, who the GOP viewed as an economic genius. This was his next effort after pushing the Commodites Futures Modernization Act through Congress during the Bush Administration. These, GOP backed, WAll Street engineered pieces of legislation laid the groundwork for the crash. Clinton was wrong to sign the Graham Leach Bliely Act. I thought so at the time. I still think it was one of his biggest mistakes. But there is no question that both bills wer GOP products.

”The Tax program from Trump did a variety of things including repatriating more than $1 Trillion from off shore banks. My taxes were reduced by 20% year over year”

I don’t know how you make your money, so I can’t comment on that. You forgot the metion that the Trump cabal barely tried to hide the fact taht the bill was a gift to Wall Street was financed 100% with borrowed money.

I post facts. You post opinions.

Another huge problem resulting from the relaxation of the Post Depression banking regulations was the S&L problems that occurred in the 80's.

Was this also a problem related to W. policies?

My income at the time and now was reported on W-2's.

The tax breaks to corporations incentivized the relocation to or the maintain the location in the US. The goal to keep employers here to provide jobs to Americans.

It worked.

Again Revenues pretty much go up every year
in 2010 it went up .05 Trillion and then on an average of .15 trillion or more every year after that UNTIL 2016 to 2017 when it went up .05 trillion and from 2017to 2018 ( year of Trumps tax cut ) it went up only .01 trillion then back to about the normal of .15 Trillion
https://www.thebalance.com/current-u-s-federal-government-tax-revenue-3305762
so in reality Revenues have not increased a large amount above what has been a yearly average for years
other wise the tax cut reduced revenue below avg. in 2017 to 2018
then they went back to what has been about the yearly avg.
nothing really special
Have a nice day

I post facts. You post opinions.

Another huge problem resulting from the relaxation of the Post Depression banking regulations was the S&L problems that occurred in the 80's.

Was this also a problem related to W. policies?

My income at the time and now was reported on W-2's.

The tax breaks to corporations incentivized the relocation to or the maintain the location in the US. The goal to keep employers here to provide jobs to Americans.

It worked.
one more thing a lot of people do not know Trump has been calming that he brought back the Auto jobs from Mexico well that is another one of his many lies
The UAW contract was what brought those jobs back YES the UAW Union had it in their contract before Trump had anything to do with it
Have a nice day

one more thing a lot of people do not know Trump has been calming that he brought back the Auto jobs from Mexico well that is another one of his many lies
The UAW contract was what brought those jobs back YES the UAW Union had it in their contract before Trump had anything to do with it
Have a nice day
as for the National debt
Obama came into office and it was 11.9 Trillion and when he left it was 20.02 Trillion a increase of 8.03 Trillion
Now trump took over at that 20.02 Trillion and in 4 years ( not ears like Obama ) increased it to 27.7 Trillion an increase of 7.5 Trillion in 4 years ( almost as much in 4 years as Obama did in 8 )
Can imagine what he would have done if he had 4 more years
The Republicans kept saying Obama doubled the debt
well Fact is the ONLY Presidents to double the debt in the last 40 some years were REPUBLICAN Presidents
Reagan almost tripled it GW just over doubled it and if Trump had stayed in office it looks like he would have way over doubled it

Have a nice day

You said I hated Democrats, that is a lie. Your entire argument about mail in ballots is nothing but promoting selfishness and those lies
Again. You stated that my vote was based off of hatred and lies. How is that different? You also stated so many others shouldn't vote off of hating Trump, yet still refuse to recognize how many votes Trump got off of those voters hating Democrats or specifically HRC or Biden.

My argument is based off of what the people want, mail in voting. That is allowed and a freedom.

Last edited:
False. A collapse in oil prices didn't result in the fabled supply-side stimulation of consumption.

A return to pre-recession levels following a once in a century financial crisis won't happen overnight. It took time for the deleveraging to work is way through and out.

Failure... no... refusal to regulate over-the-counter derivates allowed the GR to materialize.

Did it lead to job growth? Investment growth? Did What was Revenue growth following tax cuts? In reality, the tax cuts failed by every measure. Persistent deficit growth paired with a continued decline in unemployment was a recipe for disaster.

Nobody cares

It was as continuation of av trend that began long ago.
You have a history of distorting data and ignoring context all to support an ideology that you believe in but one that never reconciles the results with the rhetoric. The high cost of liberalism shown in high state and local taxes has not solved the social problems those taxes were created to fund and still the propaganda from you continues as the Arizona issue is just the tip of the iceberg with regards to selling of liberal lies to the people who want to buy that rhetoric

Post after post have proven that context doesn't matter to you whether it be GDP, Job Creation, social results because you still think with your heart. The GDP growth isn't getting to the people under Biden and you know it. The Pre recession numbers are the target not what the Democrats gave him or comparison between last year. Tell us why 46% of the American voters voted from home with historic and record numbers of no excuse mail in ballots cast, ballots subjected to chain of custody issue and potential fraud. You sold hate, diverting from your own benefits from the Trump policies and if these people hated Trump so much they would have spent the night at the polling locations waiting for them to open to cast a ballot for Biden. Democrats weaponized Covid and people like you spread the propaganda. You hae a loyalty to liberalism that is stunning for some unknown reason.

We got economic results and pandemic results, liberals will focus on the pandemic results diverting from the economic results from policies implemented. In 2019, Democrats repeated the lies that put them in charge of the WH in November 2008 putting Biden in the WH. It didn't take long for the American people to realize that he was an empty suit with an empty resume, now history is repeating itself

Again. You stated that my vote was based off of hatred and lies. How is that different? You also stated so many others shouldn't vote off of hating Trump, yet still refuse to recognize how many votes Trump got off of those voters hating Democrats or specifically HRC or Biden.

My argument is based off of what the people want, mail in voting. That is allowed and a freedom.
Because you haven't told us why you voted for Biden as every post is anti Trump so what is that if not hatred? People want sounds a little selfish to me.

refuted this. they increase year over year due to population growth, and always increase unless we are in a recession.
yes, it's why I'm able to repeatedly refute the economic ignorance of trump supporters.

Why do you present these inaccuracies.
I don't. I present documented and verifiable facts. You were aware that the govn't keeps official economic data on these issues right?
You do so with such consistency that it shows you to be either outlandishly ignorant or a pathological liar.
nothing I have stated has been incorrect in this thread. I'm sorry that you, because of your ideology, are forced to detach yourself from reality, but neither reality nor myself gives a shit.

Because you haven't told us why you voted for Biden as every post is anti Trump so what is that if not hatred? People want sounds a little selfish to me.
That is not hatred. And selfish is just fine for a reason to vote for or against someone. Again, there is nothing wrong or illegal about voting against someone.

If you have two main people running. One is blah and the other is completely awful, just a terrible person, then why wouldn't you vote against the terrible person? And I'm not even saying this is the case with Trump vs Biden. In fact, I've said in other threads that Biden matched my stances on pretty much everything more than anyone else actually running.

None of that changes that you based what you claimed about me, claim about others based off of your beliefs. That says that you lied or at least were making assumptions about me the same as you claim I did about you.

Tell us why 46% of the American voters voted from home with historic and record numbers of no excuse mail in ballots cast, ballots subjected to chain of custody issue and potential fraud. You sold hate, diverting from your own benefits from the Trump policies and if these people hated Trump so much they would have spent the night at the polling locations waiting for them to open to cast a ballot for Biden. Democrats weaponized Covid and people like you spread the propaganda. You hae a loyalty to liberalism that is stunning for some unknown reason.
Why do you keep asking this question over and over again? It's been answered over and over again by many of us and you know the answer but you don't like it so you ignore what we all write and repost the same drivel. Ironically, you ALWAYS talk about personal responsibility and all anyone should do is watch out for themselves...WELL...the reason so many Americans voted by mail was because of Covid. We took our personal responsibility to protect ourselves from it and voted by mail. That's 100% why I did. I had never voted by mail before in my life but did in 2020 because there was no way I was going to go inside a polling station with Covid everywhere. That's the simple and obvious (except to you) answer.

For the NYC Mayoral primary last month I voted in person because 75%+ of New Yorkers are vaccinated and I feel it's now safe to do so.

That is not hatred. And selfish is just fine for a reason to vote for or against someone. Again, there is nothing wrong or illegal about voting against someone.

If you have two main people running. One is blah and the other is completely awful, just a terrible person, then why wouldn't you vote against the terrible person? And I'm not even saying this is the case with Trump vs Biden. In fact, I've said in other threads that Biden matched my stances on pretty much everything more than anyone else actually running.

None of that changes that you based what you claimed about me, claim about others based off of your beliefs. That says that you lied or at least were making assumptions about me the same as you claim I did about you.
Nothing illegal but my point stands regarding the hatred of millions. Biden stances? Again rhetoric trumps substance and Biden rhetoric promotes massive entitlement spending which JFK did not support nor do I

You have a history of distorting data and ignoring context all to support an ideology that you believe in but one that never reconciles the results with the rhetoric. The high cost of liberalism shown in high state and local taxes has not solved the social problems those taxes were created to fund and still the propaganda from you continues as the Arizona issue is just the tip of the iceberg with regards to selling of liberal lies to the people who want to buy that rhetoric

Post after post have proven that context doesn't matter to you whether it be GDP, Job Creation, social results because you still think with your heart. The GDP growth isn't getting to the people under Biden and you know it. The Pre recession numbers are the target not what the Democrats gave him or comparison between last year. Tell us why 46% of the American voters voted from home with historic and record numbers of no excuse mail in ballots cast, ballots subjected to chain of custody issue and potential fraud. You sold hate, diverting from your own benefits from the Trump policies and if these people hated Trump so much they would have spent the night at the polling locations waiting for them to open to cast a ballot for Biden. Democrats weaponized Covid and people like you spread the propaganda. You hae a loyalty to liberalism that is stunning for some unknown reason.

We got economic results and pandemic results, liberals will focus on the pandemic results diverting from the economic results from policies implemented. In 2019, Democrats repeated the lies that put them in charge of the WH in November 2008 putting Biden in the WH. It didn't take long for the American people to realize that he was an empty suit with an empty resume, now history is repeating itself
This is the same nonsense you have repeated hundreds of times in this thread alone. If you want to actually address the post you chose to quote....

This is the same nonsense you have repeated hundreds of times in this thread alone. If you want to actually address the post you chose to quote....
And still you buy the liberal rhetoric ignoring who really benefits from liberal results, certainly not the people the left claim they want to help

And still you buy the liberal rhetoric ignoring who really benefits from liberal results, certainly not the people the left claim they want to help
Again, you're just repeating yourself. You quoted a post that was a direct response. If you don't want to address it, why waste your time repeating irrelevant questions?

Nobody cares.

Again, you're just repeating yourself. You quoted a post that was a direct response. If you don't want to address it, why waste your time repeating irrelevant questions?

Nobody cares.
That's all you do, dodge, divert, and spread propaganda

Over the years you and other Republicans kept crying about how much Obama ran up the debt now I see none of you are saying a word about the debt
Obama increased it 8.03 Trillion in 8 Years and Trump increased it 7.5 Trillion in just 4 years
I thought he said he was going to reduce the debt
FACT still is the ONLY Presidents to have OVER doubled the debt have been REPUBLICANS . Reagan Tripled it G W doubled it and if Trump stayed in He very well could have doubled it too
Have a nice afternoon

Nothing illegal but my point stands regarding the hatred of millions. Biden stances? Again rhetoric trumps substance and Biden rhetoric promotes massive entitlement spending which JFK did not support nor do I
This is nothing but your opinion.

Biden won the Presidency fair and square because he was able to appeal to a good amount of people as at least a tolerable alternative to who was in office, Trump. That is a good reason to vote for someone and how Trump was basically elected in 2016.

Why do you keep bringing up JFK?

You seem to have missed the day one attacks on Trump by the Democratic Party.
++ Day one attacks, if they did occur, were well deserved: The guy came into office with a reputation as a crook (his University and Foundation), a spreader of hate (Central Park Five ads), and lies about the legitimacy of Obama as president. His campaign kickoff was an attack on illegals, not as them presenting a law-enforcement problem, but them as bad people, offering no proof of his allegations. He then moved on to spread hate and fear towards blacks, Muslims, and others. Trump presented a target-rich environment, his administration’s bookends were chaos at airports in January 2017 and chaos at the Capitol on January 2021 — a chaos president, as Jeb Bush predicted.
Biden has managed to exceed my expectations of incompetence, our Border is a mess.
Central America and parts of Mexico are a mess, in part thanks to past US policy and current US drug use. What would you do on the border in light of US law and US ratified treaty that imposes obligations on us to consider asylum claims? Of course Trump didn’t care about law and treaties.

You like far too many cannot give a valid reason for your support of mail in ballots ignoring the chain of custody issue and how susceptible they are to fraud. Arizona is the tip of the iceberg showing that hate sells, money and power create fraud and abuse.
++ You may have noticed a pandemic going around, hence the heavy reliance on mail in ballots, which some states have used primarily for years. I assume Trump mailed in his ballot as well. And give us a break about electoral fraud — name any election where Trump has NOT claimed fraud. The Arizona audit is a bad Monty Python skit, and no one has been able to explain how a decentralized election system like ours could be rigged with no one but Trump noticing, his own people denying that fraud occurred, and none of the many staff needed to rig things coming forward to cut a deal with prosecutors and sell the story of the century.

Of Nixon they said, “would you buy a used car from this man?” Trump supporters have bought every car on the lot.

Back
Top Bottom