• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:#243) Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died

The news reporting how many antivaxxers are dying is a more effective form of subtle ridicule.
well, any for of it should help.
anyway, these wackjobs dont trust the media.

I'm for it, and how about trying to stop making fun of their deaths? Other than that accept the situation instead of making it worse with hate-fueled rants.
We tried those things too.

Ahh yes, the classic "any change in message means you can't be trusted" canard.

Pages change. Science changes. Situations change. Messages change. Tell me what message you think should never have changed. Tell me what isn't transparent enough for you.
This one would be a good start. Tell your stupid leader not to say stupid things and wait until more evidence makes it certain.
Are you for or against the news reporting the dead antivaxxers?

Because we've been doing that and it doesn't seem to be working. Next idea?

I agree with the sentiment that they're making a selfish and irresponsible decision that's causing more unnecessary pain. But how is making fun of their deaths any better? Bad decisions don't justify more bad behavior.
I'm not making fun but even if I was, how is that a bad decision?

I'm for it, and how about trying to stop making fun of their deaths? Other than that accept the situation instead of making it worse with hate-fueled rants.
The only ones belittling the dead are on the right. Everyday I hear them say the dead and dying were all on their "last legs" anyway and they should have taken care of themselves. They are the ones in a death cult.

Do you really think that gloating and politicizing the issue is helping to convince the unvaccinated?
The reason most are not getting vaccinated is because of their political views :rolleyes:

That's how stupid they are, and they wont let go of the previous administration loser and now that idiocy is contributing to their deaths and illness. Their "politics" are killing them. And yet, they still worship their ex-leader.

Lowest educated red states unvaxxed and hospitals overwhelmed

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/26/politics/west-virginia-covid-analysis/index.html

This one would be a good start. Tell your stupid leader not to say stupid things and wait until more evidence makes it certain.
It is not stupid for medical professionals to give advice based on the best information at the time. What is stupid is to not take the advice because you think you know better.

You said if one life is saved by mocking the dead, but how many more will die because of gloating. It needs to be unpoliticized.
That just makes those people look stupider if they follow stupid with "I'll show you!"

Goodness, you really are making anti-vaxxers look like idiots in order to criticize the rest of us.

Have you tried convincing your leaders in both government and science to get on the same page and be transparent with the info? As long as it looks like they're not being fully honest you're going to have skepticism.
What's been hidden by the current administration?

It is not stupid for medical professionals to give advice based on the best information at the time. What is stupid is to not take the advice.
Vaccine hesitate people are listening. When they are told to get vaccinated so they can do away with masks only to hear later that mask mandates even for the vaccinated is returning, you don't think they are justified in being skeptical?

The only ones belittling the dead are on the right. Everyday I hear them say the dead and dying were all on their "last legs" anyway and they should have taken care of themselves. They are the ones in a death cult.
And fat. So it's all their fault :rolleyes:

You said if one life is saved by mocking the dead, but how many more will die because of gloating. It needs to be unpoliticized.
Really? You figured that out all by yourself? Who was it that politized this virus from the start? It was the right and the anti-vaxxers are nearly all of that persuasion.

What's been hidden by the current administration?
Evidently they know something we don't because they do things (like not wearing masks) that they tell us to do.

Vaccine hesitate people are listening. When they are told to get vaccinated so they can do away with masks only to hear later that mask mandates even for the vaccinated is returning, you don't think they are justified in being skeptical?
See? You are politzing the virus again with that comment. You should know that the highly infectious Delta variant was the cause of the change in masking advice. It has 1000 times the number of virus as the original and can overpower the vaccine with its sheer numbers. Should science just ignore the facts so you won't have to learn new things? Is that too difficult for you to handle?

Again, it was the recommendation of the experts at the time. You proved my point. You are thinking about science in the way you think about religion.

Situations change. Available data changes. Therefore recommendations change. What part of this is bad?

Evidently they know something we don't because they do things (like not wearing masks) that they tell us to do.

That's how conspiracy nuts think.

The far simpler explanation is that people aren't perfect and sometimes don't always make the best choice.

Joe Biden taking off a mask is not an argument against masks. Stop treating politicians as some kind of bastion of perfect morals and behaviors.

Only if they're stupid, like we're writing. The mandate changed because the course of the virus changed, with Delta.*

If you are saying that people are too stupid to understand that...and that simply changing back to wearing masks or vice versa...is too much for them...emotionally? Intellectually? Is that what you're claiming?

*The dates make it clear. In May we were told we could start relaxing mask mandates, for ex, because the entire population was finally eligible for vaccination and the trend was people were getting vaccinated. Infection rates were going down. In late June/July, Delta's rise in numbers changed the infection rates and virus dynamics with vaccination...and for safety, recommendations were to go back to masks. Is this really hard to understand? Or, is it some nefarious plot by the Biden administration? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING!!!!!!!! 😱😱Why would they make this up?

Humans are supposed to be extremely adaptable. What's the excuse?

Again, it was the recommendation of the experts at the time. You proved my point. You are thinking about science in the way you think about religion.

Situations change. Available data changes. Therefore recommendations change. What part of this is bad?
Are you seriously telling me scientists didn't know there could be breakthrough cases? That scientific data has been around even with the flu vaccine.

I just gave you the many possible side effects of even mild covid infections. There is no possibility of long term side effects from a vaccine that is totally out of you body 72 hours after the shot. The covid virus may stay in you for life. You want your child to risk that when there is a good possibility that he will never get infected if he takes the vaccine? The unvaccinated are 5 times more likely to be infected by covid than the vaccinated and 29 times more likely to be hospitalized for it. You are a bad parent if you want your child infected with a disease that may affect him for life.
  • Unvaccinated people are about 29 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid-19 than those who are fully vaccinated, according to a CDC study released Tuesday.
  • The new study also found that unvaccinated people were nearly five times more likely to be infected with Covid than vaccinated people.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/cdc...ore-likely-to-be-hospitalized-with-covid.html
????? Your last post you argued "neither of those possibilities are enough to even be worried about. He is much more likely to be involved in a car accident or be stuck by lightning." Now you are arguing to be afraid.

Odd that you'd be afraid of him being hospitalized from COVID, not the three times more liklihood of being hospitalized with myocarditis or pericarditis

Only if they're stupid, like we're writing. The mandate changed because the course of the virus changed, with Delta.*

If you are saying that people are too stupid to understand that...and that simply changing back to wearing masks or vice versa...is too much for them...emotionally? Intellectually? Is that what you're claiming?

*The dates make it clear. In May we were told we could start relaxing mask mandates, for ex, because the entire population was finally eligible for vaccination and the trend was people were getting vaccinated. Infection rates were going down. In late June/July, Delta's rise in numbers changed the infection rates...and for safety, recommendations were to go back to masks. Is this really hard to understand? Or, is it some nefarious plot by the Biden administration? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING!!!!!!!! 😱😱Why would they make this up?

Humans are supposed to be extremely adaptable. What's the excuse?
Most people don't live for discussing these topics. They hear sound bites that stick with them. Does that make them stupid? Probably no more than a lot of people who don't know what the three branches of government are and what their function is.

No, because that's an illogical response.

Yeah...in context...like where everyone else is vaxxed or tested, or outside or there's distance or...????

Cry moar about bitter little crap.

Are you seriously telling me scientists didn't know there could be breakthrough cases? That scientific data has been around even with the flu vaccine.

What are you talking about? Nobody ever said "breakthrough cases are impossible."

Please elaborate on what big point you think you are making. Are you operating on some kind of absolutist basis? Because nobody ever claimed the risk for the virus would go to zero.

The initial data did not show a significant number of breakthrough cases where there was enough virus to make the infected contagious. Delta changed that and the masking advice with it. Infectious disease science is all based on data. There is no other motive but to use data to give the best advice possible. Data never lies but situations can change the data. That is life. The frustratingly stupid thing is all the fuss the snowflakes make about wearing masks. Next will be that wearing shoes is making my feet sweat.

Back
Top Bottom