• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:#243) Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died

Then they should get the vaccine to avoid the sadistic mocking after they die.

Do you really think that gloating and politicizing the issue is helping to convince the unvaccinated?

Do you really think that gloating and politicizing the issue is helping to convince the unvaccinated?

Can you tell me what does convince them?

We tried facts and evidence. We tried appealing to their sense of self-preservation and risk assessment. We tried appealing to their decency towards their fellow human beings. We tried to ask them to think of the safety of their families. We tried the fear of death. We tried cajoling and then ridicule. We even tried ****ing bribes. None of that worked, so can you tell me what the **** would?

Antivaxxers are the ones who politicized this. They're largely the same assholes who politicized masks.

How do you figure?

Are you talking about the "I'll show you by dying" crowd?

You said if one life is saved by mocking the dead, but how many more will die because of gloating. It needs to be unpoliticized.

We tried facts and evidence. We tried appealing to their sense of self-preservation and risk assessment. We tried appealing to their decency towards their fellow human beings. We tried to ask them to think of the safety of their families. We tried the fear of death. We tried cajoling and then ridicule. We even tried ****ing bribes. None of that worked, so can you tell me what the **** would?

Antivaxxers are the ones who politicized this. They're largely the same assholes who politicized masks.

It's all their fault attitude definitely doesn't convince the obstinate because you turn it into an emotional issue.

It's all their fault attitude definitely doesn't convince the obstinate because you turn it into an emotional issue.

Hey could you try reading my post and actually responding to it instead of what you imagined I said?

Last edited:
it should help! it's their life at stake.

The news reporting how many antivaxxers are dying is a more effective form of subtle ridicule.

Hey could you try reading my post and actually responding to it instead of what you imagined I said?

I'd say the same about your leading questions, besides you seem to have all the answers anyway.

I'd say the same about your leading questions, besides you seem to have all the answers anyway.

You keep telling us what doesn't work. I want you to tell me what you think does work.

Do you think claiming I'm stoooopid helps your argument?

Fifth time - the FDA and CDC's own data tells you that your teenage son or grandson is three times more likely to be hospitalized for heart inflammation caused by the vaccine than he is likely to be hospitalized for COVID.

You're just a bigger person than I am that you would risk the health of you own son or grandson for the sake of vulnerable others that refuse to get vaccinated.
And neither of those possibilities are enough to even be worried about. He is much more likely to be involved in a car accident or be stuck by lightning. So make him stay indoors and never drive a car. If you want your son to get sick and spread it to others go for it. I would choose not to want my son to get covid and risk all the many side effects that even mild cases incur. We really do not know the long term effects of covid but they are surely more likely than any vaccine side effect.

Older people and people with many serious medical conditions are the most likely to experience lingering COVID-19 symptoms, but even young, otherwise healthy people can feel unwell for weeks to months after infection. Common signs and symptoms that linger over time include:
  • Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Cough
  • Joint pain
  • Chest pain
  • Memory, concentration or sleep problems
  • Muscle pain or headache
  • Fast or pounding heartbeat
  • Loss of smell or taste
  • Depression or anxiety
  • Fever
  • Dizziness when you stand
  • Worsened symptoms after physical or mental activities
  • Some adults and children experience multisystem inflammatory syndrome after they have had COVID-19. In this condition, some organs and tissues become severely inflamed.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...th/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

Last edited:

Have you tried convincing your leaders in both government and science to get on the same page and be transparent with the info? As long as it looks like they're not being fully honest you're going to have skepticism.

Please share....
How many more of the inbred mouth breathing ivermectin sucking idiots are going to be turned off? 😂

giphy.gif

And neither of those possibilities are enough to even be worried about. He is much more likely to be involved in a car accident or be stuck by lightning. So make him stay indoors and never drive a car. If you want your son to get sick and spread it to others go for it. I would choose not to want my son to get covid and risk all the many side effects that even mild cases incur. We really do not know the long term effects of covid but they are surely more likely than any vaccine side effect.

?? Wow. You're going to inject these boys with a drug that you have no idea what the long term effect are, that is over 3 times as likely to send them to a hospital for heart inflammation to protect against a virus that there is nothing to worry about. Can't argue with that "logic"

Have you tried convincing your leaders in both government and science to get on the same page and be transparent with the info? As long as it looks like they're not being fully honest you're going to have skepticism.
Ahh yes, the classic "any change in message means you can't be trusted" canard.

Pages change. Science changes. Situations change. Messages change. Tell me what message you think should never have changed. Tell me what isn't transparent enough for you.

See post #911
Are you for or against the news reporting the dead antivaxxers?

Because we've been doing that and it doesn't seem to be working. Next idea?

?? Wow. You're going to inject these boys with a drug that you have no idea what the long term effect are, that is over 3 times as likely to send them to a hospital for heart inflammation to protect against a virus that there is nothing to worry about. Can't argue with that "logic"
I just gave you the many possible side effects of even mild covid infections. There is no possibility of long term side effects from a vaccine that is totally out of you body 72 hours after the shot. The covid virus may stay in you for life. You want your child to risk that when there is a good possibility that he will never get infected if he takes the vaccine? The unvaccinated are 5 times more likely to be infected by covid than the vaccinated and 29 times more likely to be hospitalized for it. You are a bad parent if you want your child infected with a disease that may affect him for life.
  • Unvaccinated people are about 29 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid-19 than those who are fully vaccinated, according to a CDC study released Tuesday.
  • The new study also found that unvaccinated people were nearly five times more likely to be infected with Covid than vaccinated people.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/cdc...ore-likely-to-be-hospitalized-with-covid.html

Last edited:
Ahh yes, the classic "any change in message means you can't be trusted" canard.

Pages change. Science changes. Situations change. Messages change. Tell me what message you think should never have changed. Tell me what isn't transparent enough for you.

Are you for or against the news reporting the dead antivaxxers?

Because we've been doing that and it doesn't seem to be working. Next idea?

I'm for it, and how about trying to stop making fun of their deaths? Other than that accept the situation instead of making it worse with hate-fueled rants.

Back
Top Bottom