• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:#243) Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died

Am I suggesting? It's not a suggestion. It's a fact. Not my fact that I drew out of thin air - CDC - 73% of all Covid deaths were Obese. 78% of Covid patients who required hospital care are obese.
You didn't answer my question. I'll try a simpler approach; if everyone who died was fat, does that mean that everyone died because they were fat?

If you still need to ask that after eighteen months of the disease there's no hope for you.

You're vaccinated. You should be happy. You don't sound happy.
After 18 months the better question would be why is there not equal time being spent getting the word out about the link with obesity and Covid mortality and morbidity?

You didn't answer my question. I'll try a simpler approach; if everyone who died was fat, does that mean that everyone died because they were fat?
73% isn't "everyone"
- it's 73%. 100 -73 = 27% short of "everyone".

You're vaccinated. You should be happy. You don't sound happy.
After 18 months the better question would be why is there not equal time being spent getting the word out about the link with obesity and Covid mortality and morbidity?

Extracted from the article you posted:
Most children affected by Covid have comorbidities - existing conditions such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease - or are overweight, according to Lohanna Tavares, a paediatric infectologist at Albert Sabin Children's Hospital in Fortaleza, the state capital.

Extracted from the article you posted:
Most children affected by Covid have comorbidities - existing conditions such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease - or are overweight, according to Lohanna Tavares, a paediatric infectologist at Albert Sabin Children's Hospital in Fortaleza, the state capital.
And my other links? Why are all those healthy babies dying?

Over your head...I said 'if' as a hypothetical scenario.

You mean over yours?

The thing is - this isn't about saving lives or really getting people to take the vaccination. It's only for feeding that smug Napoleonic Superiority complex.

That's exactly the same thing pro-choice advocates would like to know about you, " how can you sit in judgment of those you don't know and pronounce them as caring only about themselves and having zero sense of responsibility."

Why do we as a society have to respect those that are " vaccination hesitant" (hilarious term, have you seen the posters they hold up) be understanding of their situations and treat them graciously while we watch some small child die from covid because they didn't vaccinate or wear masks. They are the same people that are out on the street during anti-abortion rallies screaming , "Murderer" "Selfish slut" at women they don't know.

Why the contorted sympathy for anti-vaxxers who are endangering lives especially children's lives and the denigration of women who get abortion which endanger no born lives.
Please produce a post in which I have sat in judgment of pro-choices and/or said that they care only about themselves or have zero sense of responsibility. And good luck with that.

Have you actually watched a small child die from COVID (or anything else)?

Have you ever attended a pro-life rally? Actually heard people screaming "murderer" or "selfish slut"?

Perhaps you have. I have not, and I have been actively pro-life for nearly 24 years. In case you are unaware, 40 Days for Life emerged from the Coalition for Life, which began in my own community. People all over the world now to peacefully pray. I have NEVER heard a mother condemned and called a "slut," nor have I ever heard anyone shout "Murderer." I've never even heard someone shout, and I myself while standing and praying never said a word to anybody except a "Hi" if I walked past someone I knew.

You don't change hearts and minds about abortion or about being vaccinated by screaming, being abusive, condemning, or treating others with contempt.

162 cases per million teenage boys vaccinated is still an extremely rare side effect and it is even rarer to be a serious or life threatening one either. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Molehill? Fourth time. if you are teenage boy, you are three times more likely to be hospitalized for heart inflammation caused by the vaccine than you are likely to be hospitalized for COVID.

Why on earth would you expose your child to that risk?

Molehill? Fourth time. if you are teenage boy, you are three times more likely to be hospitalized for heart inflammation caused by the vaccine than you are likely to be hospitalized for COVID.

Why on earth would you expose your child to that risk?
Because being vaccinated protects him and others from getting covid and the chances of a serious side effect are less than being struck by lightning. You really do not understand what 162 out of a million is do you? And the chances of that side effect being worse than a serious covid infection are much smaller than that.

Because being vaccinated protects him and others from getting covid and the chances of a serious side effect are less than being struck by lightning. You really do not understand what 162 out of a million is do you? And the chances of that side effect being worse than a serious covid infection are much smaller than that.
Do you think claiming I'm stoooopid helps your argument?

Fifth time - the FDA and CDC's own data tells you that your teenage son or grandson is three times more likely to be hospitalized for heart inflammation caused by the vaccine than he is likely to be hospitalized for COVID.

You're just a bigger person than I am that you would risk the health of you own son or grandson for the sake of vulnerable others that refuse to get vaccinated.

Well...sometimes things have to be forced on others.
I doubt that southern slave owners were going to decide on their own that they were going to free slaves they thought of as property.
I don't think the us would have won world War 1 and 2 without the draft.

That's why I say "shouldn't have to be," though sometimes we need to force things on others.

A selfish and irresponsible decision. One often made with the attitude of defiant children.

Look at the news, the stories...Children are losing parents. Families are creating Go Fund Me pages because providers died.

And so many unnecessarily taking up beds in hospitals while other people cant get in for treatment, cancer diagnosis, surgeries, etc.

I agree with the sentiment that they're making a selfish and irresponsible decision that's causing more unnecessary pain. But how is making fun of their deaths any better? Bad decisions don't justify more bad behavior.

And stupid is personified by antivaxxers. Hence the mocking.

How is it sadism?

The dead don't care.

Hence the mocking is also stupid.

The living do care, especially their family and friends.

Please produce a post in which I have sat in judgment of pro-choices and/or said that they care only about themselves or have zero sense of responsibility. And good luck with that.

Have you actually watched a small child die from COVID (or anything else)?

Have you ever attended a pro-life rally? Actually heard people screaming "murderer" or "selfish slut"?

Perhaps you have. I have not, and I have been actively pro-life for nearly 24 years. In case you are unaware, 40 Days for Life emerged from the Coalition for Life, which began in my own community. People all over the world now to peacefully pray. I have NEVER heard a mother condemned and called a "slut," nor have I ever heard anyone shout "Murderer." I've never even heard someone shout, and I myself while standing and praying never said a word to anybody except a "Hi" if I walked past someone I knew.

You don't change hearts and minds about abortion or about being vaccinated by screaming, being abusive, condemning, or treating others with contempt.
I myself, am pro-choice, with caveats. I don't believe in a deity, so to my mind it's the rights of a yet to be human against a fully formed human. I'm certainly willing to support a mother's choice until the fetus forms enough in utero to have the beginnings of sentience. At that point, it's the mother's health and quality of life vs the unborn baby's future. At the point where you could support a fetus outside the womb, I would become pro-life. So, all this to say these things can be a grey area, but although our views differ, I always pay attention when you post, because you a re controlled, patient and assume the best of the other. I appreciate your posts here.

Back
Top Bottom