• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:#243) Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died

Your post made me wonder what the fatality rate for COVID was.

View attachment 67355064

Yes, that's a 1.6% case-fatality rate for the US. Interesting.
That's only 700,000 dead and counting in a little over a year. Nothing to worry about really. Then there's are hundreds of thousands of "survivors" with long Covid. Permanent disability and unsustainable health coverage, bankruptcy and homelessness.. But the tyranny!

That's only 700,000 dead and counting in a little over a year. Nothing to worry about really.
It's not 'Nothing to worry about', but it does put it more into perspective.
Then there's are hundreds of thousands of "survivors" with long Covid. Permanent disability and unsustainable health coverage, bankruptcy and homelessness.. But the tyranny!
While I don't doubt that there are some who are unfortunate to have that outcome, I don't think that it's all of the survivors though, such as you seeming to be asserting.
Some data on that would be good to review for a more informed opinion.

It's not 'Nothing to worry about', but it does put it more into perspective.

While I don't doubt that there are some who are unfortunate to have that outcome, I don't think that it's all of the survivors though, such as you seeming to be asserting.
Some data on that would be good to review for a more informed opinion.

Where is he asserting "all of the survivors"?

I think making fun of someone who has died is inhumane, even if they're a victim of their own ignorance and stupid advice.

"But ultimately, no matter how vile the target of the memes are and no matter how tempting it is to participate in the schadenfreude, it is an unhelpful distraction that represents a dark reality: we're okay with how many people are dying from COVID-19.

Before I go any further, let me say that this is not an argument for empathy for those who are fiercely anti-vaccine or an attempt to try to understand their perspective. Nor is this an argument to persuade anti-vaccine advocates. Some of them have unfortunately gone down a destructive rabbit hole that even their loved ones find it difficult to help them out of quickly. Being nicer won't necessarily change that, but neither does making fun of them after they have died."
I've been enjoying Russel Brand a bit lately. He's pretty far left but he's an honest, compassionate, and smart person. This video reminded me of your thread

I've been enjoying Russel Brand a bit lately. He's pretty far left but he's an honest, compassionate, and smart person. This video reminded me of your thread

Don Lemon comes across as an idealistic idiot sometimes.

26%2B9-23-2021.jpg

No, in my world the people who are trying to bully them into getting the vaccine are stupid and evil even. Those people worked for a year - for the benefit of all - without a vaccine and were FINE. If the vaxxers REALLY wanted to change their minds to get them to vaccinate now then giving them the credit they deserve in the first place would be a GREAT place to start.

But, instead, as you said, people don't give a damn about them. Isn't it great though that they sure gave a damn about people when it mattered most. \

So, you just proved the point I've made all along. The bullying and mandates aren't about getting them vaccinated at all - it's all about building up the self-righteous, smug, superiority of the vaxxers.
Your post makes no rational sense. Are you QAnon? The people responsible for the spread of this virus are the unvaccinated. Everybody worked until January because there was no vaccine. A half a million of us died. Since then, responsible people who have no desire to kill their neighbors or their family members have gotten vaccinated. The idiots who don't give a damn about anybody else have not.

This just in - the people who have gotten vaccinated ARE morally superior to the selfish unvaccinated. So no, I'm not going to try and persuade them to get vaccinated. They have my permission to own the libs by dying.

Your post makes no rational sense. Are you QAnon? The people responsible for the spread of this virus are the unvaccinated. Everybody worked until January because there was no vaccine. A half a million of us died. Since then, responsible people who have no desire to kill their neighbors or their family members have gotten vaccinated. The idiots who don't give a damn about anybody else have not.

This just in - the people who have gotten vaccinated ARE morally superior to the selfish unvaccinated. So no, I'm not going to try and persuade them to get vaccinated. They have my permission to own the libs by dying.
Yawn with the hyperbole. No wonder no one bothers to listen anymore.
I realized quite some time ago - this isn't even about getting the unvaccinated to take the vaccine. It's just something to to feed the Napoleonic Superiority complex of the vaxxers.

I realized quite some time ago - this isn't even about getting the unvaccinated to take the vaccine. It's just something to to feed the Napoleonic Superiority complex of the vaxxers.

Why lie?

It is indeed to get the antivaxxers vaccinated.

The government has tried education, incentives, promotions, paying for the vaccine. All we do is try to shame the fools into doing what should have been done long ago.

Why lie?

It is indeed to get the antivaxxers vaccinated.

The government has tried education, incentives, promotions, paying for the vaccine. All we do is try to shame the fools into doing what should have been done long ago.
How's THAT working for ya?

As I said, it's not about getting the unvaccinated to take the vaccine.

Don't know. But it is so much fun.

Yes, it is.

So many other things were tried.

Now mockery is being tried.
So much fun? Yup - nothing to do with getting people to vaccinate.

do i smell victim here?

I thought cons dont like playing the vicitim.

That's laughable. Who's REALLY playing the victim in all this? WAH! I can't make John down the street take the vaccine he doesn't want to take. So, I'm going to call him names, cuss him, and do all kinds of nasty things to him.

Don't know. But it is so much fun.

I rarely find it fun to mock the dying or the dead. Perhaps a grim sense of satisfaction when a terrorist or mass shooter is brought down. But I garner no enjoyment making fun of dead everyday people, even if they brought it upon themselves through willful ignorance or stupidity.

Do tell.

And that is why the vaccine hesitant aren't listening.

So they would have taken a vaccine free of charge that has been demonstrated to lower one's chances of hospitalization and death had not for some people being cruel to them? Alright. I am all for being polite, diplomatic and incentivizing people into engaging in life-saving behavior when the only ones affected are mainly the people engaging in dangerous behavior. Smoking and overeating unhealthy food mainly affects the person smoking or overeating.

But when it comes to a communicable disease that has led to the deaths of more fellow Americans than either the Civil War or the Spanish Flu, I think both kind coaxing and cruel brow-beating should be brushed aside in favor of mandates. I do not believe anyone should have the choice as to whether or not to be vaccinated unless one truly has a medical condition that would make taking the vaccine a danger to their life. Insofar as I am aware, there has never been a Constitutional right either written in or read out of the Constitution that allows one to be a plague carrier.

Last edited:
I rarely find it fun to mock the dying or the dead. Perhaps a grim sense of satisfaction when a terrorist or mass shooter is brought down. But I garner no enjoyment making fun of dead everyday people, even if they brought it upon themselves through willful ignorance or stupidity.
So you dont mock darwin winners?

So you dont mock darwin winners?

No, madman. Since there is no evidence of an afterlife, it saddens me (and sometimes upsets me) when someone wastes their precious finite life on this Earth.

Making fun of the dead is just showing what sort of a person you are.
Listen
.when I see you and others on this board start holding anti vaxxers and anti maskers who are dismissing the deaths of others because they are " old" or "fat" or" made poor life choices"
When I see you and others speak out against the anti vaxxer callousness..
Then maybe I will consider your words valid..u til then I will give them their due consideration.

Back
Top Bottom