• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:24]Putin Doesn’t Want to Intervene in Belarus. That’s an Opportunity for the West.

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Putin Doesn’t Want to Intervene in Belarus. That’s an Opportunity for the West.

It’s certainly not too soon for Moscow and Brussels to learn from past mistakes.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F85c2cce6-abfc-11e6-ba7d-76378e4fef24

8/16/20
Lukashenko may well succeed in suppressing these protests through demonstrative terror, but even if he wins this gamble, he will at best buy a couple of years of hollow, illegitimate rule before his administration finally implodes. These elections weren’t just rigged — all autocrats do that. The results appear to have been flipped in his favor to mask an irredeemable defeat. And the spectacular, punitive mass torture that his OMON forces instigated to cow not just protesters but ordinary people into submission wipes away the last traces of legitimate power in the eyes of the very people who once obeyed him. One does not just walk away from such abuses. But the prospect of Lukashenko’s demise poses a headache both for the Kremlin and for Minsk’s Western neighbors. Doing nothing feels uncomfortable, but doing something is rife with consequences. In the last decade, “constructive intervention” and even moral support to help send a dictator who has outstayed his welcome on his way have devolved into bloody proxy wars in Libya, Syria and Ukraine. Western and EU support of the Euromaidan protests to topple Viktor Yanukovich triggered a military intervention from Moscow and a war that simmers to this day.

This is not a likely scenario for Belarus, but there is some risk of escalation. Initially, Moscow was careful about overtly backing Lukashenko in word or deed. Russian media reported openly on police abuses, and prominent statesmen publicly called on Russia to abandon Lukashenko. But over the weekend, thanks to a request from Lukashenko, Moscow appears to have caved and promised, “if necessary,” to support its frenemy under the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), the collective defense pact for former Soviet countries. But Moscow’s pledge to support the regime also smacks of reluctance. Initially, words to the effect that Moscow would provide security came from Lukashenko, not from the Kremlin, whose initial statement, however conciliatory, mentioned nothing of aid or support. There are a lot of reasons for Moscow’s hesitation. The past year — and the last month in particular — have demonstrated that he is no longer a figure Moscow can trust. The truth is, neither Moscow nor Brussels are invested in Lukashenko, and neither want another Euromaidan. Successful EU-Russian cooperation is still a stretch. But some tentative cooperation on Belarus could be a start. It’s too late for Lukashenko. It’s certainly not too soon for Moscow and Brussels to learn from past mistakes.

If Putin doesn't want another albatross around his neck, I think he would do well to initiate a conversation with the actual Belarus election winner Svetlana Tsikhanouskaya who is currently in neighboring Lithuania. For all practical purposes, Lukashenka is damaged goods and is finished politically. Ms. Tsikhanouskaya has stated that she considers herself only a temporary president of Belarus. Her primary job will be to release all political prisoners and protesters, and then prepare the country for a truly free and fair election. She has stated that her government will be friendly with Russia and with all countries. Perhaps Putin's best hope of salvaging Belarus politically is to front a candidate of his choosing in the next election. Someone that is strongly pro-Russia and yet is appealing to the Belarussian people on a national grassroots level. The popular husband of Ms. Tsikhanouskaya (currently in a Lukashenka jail cell) will certainly be a presidential candidate.

Related: Putin Has No Good Options As Belarus Crisis Surges

US congressmen condemned the possible assistance of the Russian Federation to Belarus: it is unthinkable in the 21st century to help neighbors when you can suck all the juices out of them!
It's as if the US is helping Mexico stop the drug wars, instead of starting a war for a couple of Syrian students offended by the brutal Assad.

US congressmen condemned the possible assistance of the Russian Federation to Belarus: it is unthinkable in the 21st century to help neighbors when you can suck all the juices out of them!
It's as if the US is helping Mexico stop the drug wars, instead of starting a war for a couple of Syrian students offended by the brutal Assad.

I hope Putin gets knee deep yet in another country. They'll have to raise the Russian pension age to 90.

It turns out that all three are candidates for President of the Republic of Belarus: Victor Babariko , Valery Tsepkalo and Svetlana Tikhanovski citizens of Israel. In addition, Babariko is a citizen of England, Tsepkalo of the USA, and Tihanovskaya of Lithuania. "Patriots" are the same everywhere, they have 2, 3 or several motherlands!

It turns out that all three are candidates for President of the Republic of Belarus: Victor Babariko , Valery Tsepkalo and Svetlana Tikhanovski citizens of Israel. In addition, Babariko is a citizen of England, Tsepkalo of the USA, and Tihanovskaya of Lithuania. "Patriots" are the same everywhere, they have 2, 3 or several motherlands!

No citations. Kremlin disinformation.

Just as it turns out, so are America's bankers, Western media moguls, American judges, America sponsors of senators, I wonder if that too is Russian Kremlin disinformation?
The English sold off there sovereignty when they're bigotry elected Thatcher. It has only got worse since then. Boris, is American, Jewish and real name Alexander Boris de Pfeffe (they all hide there ancestry) and all the vile behaviours exhibited, that comes with his families and there degenerates banking history.
These people have only one motherland, Khazar or Ashkenazi, cults. But both have the same roots.

Angela Merkel said that does not recognize Lukashenko as Belarusian President and confirmed seeing Tikhanovskaya.
While a real war has broken out in Karabakh, and Turkey actively supports Azerbaijan, Merkel is going to meet with Tikhanovskaya when it would be worth it to meet with Erdogan.
By the way, if Turkey openly intervenes in the war between Armenia and Azerbaijan, should Russia also openly support the republics of Donbass against the fascist regime of Ukraine?

By the way, if Turkey openly intervenes in the war between Armenia and Azerbaijan, should Russia also openly support the republics of Donbass against the fascist regime of Ukraine?

That's for Putin to decide no?

Can the Russian people afford yet another concurrent war? - Ukraine/Syria/Libya/?

"War" with Ukraine? Russia can afford couple of hundreds of such "wars"

Donbas will become more expensive for the Kremlin after Biden is inaugurated.

Just as it turns out, so are America's bankers, Western media moguls, American judges, America sponsors of senators, I wonder if that too is Russian Kremlin disinformation?
The English sold off there sovereignty when they're bigotry elected Thatcher. It has only got worse since then. Boris, is American, Jewish and real name Alexander Boris de Pfeffe (they all hide there ancestry) and all the vile behaviours exhibited, that comes with his families and there degenerates banking history.
These people have only one motherland, Khazar or Ashkenazi, cults. But both have the same roots.

Antisemitic rant (the real definition of the word) noted.

Antisemitic rant (the real definition of the word) noted.
It has nothing to do with being antisemetic, it's his crimes against those people daft enough to vote for the degenerate!
So at long last, you agree they aren't Jews, and they are Eastern Europeans, thank you, my rubber boned German friend of Zion!

Caricature in the French magazine "Le Canard enchaine".
Macron:
- I admire the courage of the Belarusian protesters!
Tikhanovskaya:
"They take inspiration from the "yellow vests!"
EjY9Iz_XsAAspxD.jpg

It has nothing to do with being antisemetic, it's his crimes against those people daft enough to vote for the degenerate!
So at long last, you agree they aren't Jews, and they are Eastern Europeans, thank you, my rubber boned German friend of Zion!

Oh, Highlanders.

It has everything to do with anti semitism.

Your posts reek of it.

And what are you babbling about with the "Eastern European" bit? What do you imagine was conceded?

The EU has agreed on devastating sanctions against Belarus.
Personal sanctions will be imposed on 40 people. At the same time, Lukashenka was not included in the list.
That's it! Finita la comedia for Belorussian Maidan and "President" Tikhanovskaya.
Such is the crushing power of EU sanctions!

The EU has agreed on devastating sanctions against Belarus.
Personal sanctions will be imposed on 40 people. At the same time, Lukashenka was not included in the list.
That's it! Finita la comedia for Belorussian Maidan and "President" Tikhanovskaya.
Such is the crushing power of EU sanctions!

Not much can be done against a pariah government supported by Moscow.

But Lukashenka has been forever tarnished in the eyes of the people. A fate worse than death.

Oh, Highlanders.

It has everything to do with anti semitism.

Your posts reek of it.

And what are you babbling about with the "Eastern European" bit? What do you imagine was conceded?
No it's the crimes of Israel and zionists that gets up your nose, as you my friend, would sell out America and America in there defence as you have proven time and time again!
I remember my German friend your past statements, and abhorrence of any statements made to the detriment of your loving brotherhood. Support the goyem, not once, from your first post until now!
But don't you love that statement, "antisemitism" a catch all and supported in law, one German gentleman got 11 years jail sentence for speaking the truth about the relationship between Hitler and your Zionist cause! Between 1929 to 1941.

DNA reports your zionists come from eastern European stock, never in human history did one of your Zionist have any right to land in Palestine!

No it's the crimes of Israel and zionists that gets up your nose, as you my friend, would sell out America and America in there defence as you have proven time and time again!
I remember my German friend your past statements, and abhorrence of any statements made to the detriment of your loving brotherhood. Support the goyem, not once, from your first post until now!
But don't you love that statement, "antisemitism" a catch all and supported in law, one German gentleman got 11 years jail sentence for speaking the truth about the relationship between Hitler and your Zionist cause! Between 1929 to 1941.

Another Judenhass rant....

And please share.... We have spoken but the relationship between Hitler's Nazi Germany and the Zionists.

Hitler wanted Jews out of Germany and Zionists helped relocate them to the Middle East.

The Haavara Agreement. From 1933-1939.

What is this "Between 1921 and 1941"

In 1921 the Nazis were nobodies. Fraught with internal division and infighting. Hitler actually resigned and later rejoined the NSDAP during this year....

The program ended 1939 with the invasion of Poland.

DNA reports your zionists come from eastern European stock, never in human history did one of your Zionist have any right to land in Palestine!

Citation?

Last time I checked the "Eastern European" Jews came from expulsions from Western Europe and the Middle East and North Africa.

And their DNA is a mixture of Levantine and European.

Is this true of Sephardic Jews, African Jews, Mizrahi Jews?

Another Judenhass rant....

And please share.... We have spoken but the relationship between Hitler's Nazi Germany and the Zionists.

Hitler wanted Jews out of Germany and Zionists helped relocate them to the Middle East.

The Haavara Agreement. From 1933-1939.

What is this "Between 1921 and 1941"

In 1921 the Nazis were nobodies. Fraught with internal division and infighting. Hitler actually resigned and later rejoined the NSDAP during this year....

The program ended 1939 with the invasion of Poland.
A convenient mistake..... please note, the facts are correct, the date I gave which you changed my rubber boned germanfriend of Zion, was 1929!
I repeat for your sake, 1929, not as you stated 1921.
But I'm glad you accept all the other facts..... my German friend of Zion! Your hatred of America and Americans...thank you for that small mercy!

A convenient mistake..... please note, the facts are correct, the date I gave which you changed my rubber boned germanfriend of Zion, was 1929!
I repeat for your sake, 1929, not as you stated 1921.
But I'm glad you accept all the other facts..... my German friend of Zion! Your hatred of America and Americans...thank you for that small mercy!

What are you babbling about? Even in 1929 the Nazis were in no position to do anything about expulsions.

The program ran from 1933 to 1939.

Still waiting for citation on your DNA claim.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Discussions concerning Israel / Palestine are only appropriate in the I/P forum. If you want to talk about that, do it there.

Back
Top Bottom