• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#2363][W:#1708]Ketanji Brown Jackson Confirmed As The First Black Woman To Serve on US Supreme Court

"Merit", or not, during the Kavanaugh hearings/sexual assault claims, your posted words during the hearings were "Even if it happened, I don't care if a drunken Kavanaugh groped a 15 year old teenage female, as long as there was no physical harm." When queried as to what you deem to be "physical harm", you stated "the spilling of blood" or "permanently disabling another persons physical mobility."
Seriously? That's horrific.

We can start by taking a look at Twitter (the strongest media arm of the left) and look at examples like Trump, Project Veritas James O'Keefe, Tucker, Dr. Robert Malone, Charlie Kirk. Babylon Bee and many more.
Musk created a Twitter poll several weeks ago, asking users if they believe Twitter adheres to free speech principles - essential to a functioning democracy. There were over 2 million responses - over 70% said no.
This is an excellent example of why I think free speech in America (and most certainly in Canada, too, where it is even more than just free speech) is under attack.
While I might guess you could potentially approve of the censorship of the group currently being censored in America, I wonder how you would feel if it was liberals being censored. I don't want to see a back and forth of the other side being censored depending on who controls government at any given time (and I expect "your side" will lose some of that control in not too many months). I'd like to see free speech and I hope conservatives don't employ payback censorship tactics - despite my strong awareness of and objection to the current heavy censorship climate.
I hope conservatives will restore some of the principles that America used to stand for, like free speech.
Trump is the reason fake conservatives get "censored". Trump was in control of the government at that time. If conservatives had a leg to stand on in this discussion, Trump's administration would have swatted social media into whatever compliance you think they're lacking.

The issue is not "free speech". It never was. It's a disingenuous description to appeal to uneducated people's esteem for ideals and values.

The issue is the rampant, intentional, unceasing, unapologetic spreading of blatant lies. Democracy cannot survive in a country where a third of its people don't know the difference between up and down. The danger that lying liars and the people who parrot their lies is manifested in physical intimidation, physical threats, physical attacks, public confrontations, regressive legislation, interpersonal hatred, shootings, bombings, and an attack on the US Capitol.

So while I reject the untrue premise that the issue is about free speech and censorship, I am curious: What besides "free speech" do you think is under attack by Canada's liberal federal government?

there was no sexual assault claim of any merit lodged against Kavanaugh at any time relevant

Does anyone nominated by a G.O.P. POTUS have any ethics? Why are Justices Thomas and Kavanaugh in any position to rule on anything before the SCOTUS or Judge Bill Pryor on the 2nd Circuit?

-snip- The Pryor letter goes into more detail. “Before I hired her, I determined, after careful investigation, that Crystal had been a victim of a false accusation of racist behavior by a tabloid reporter whose central accusation relied entirely on an anonymous source in her scandalous report.” Of Mayer, Pryor states, “I was familiar with the reporter who published that initial report, and I distrusted her work.”
I included Judge Bill Pryor's comments about Jane Mayer because, considering Pryor's opinion and the background leading up to
Pryor's comments about her, the judge is no judge.

Link to cached page of this article,
https://www.newyorker.com/news/a-reporter-at-large/the-slime-machine-targeting-dozens-of-biden-nominees

The Slime Machine Targeting Dozens of Biden Nominees​

In an escalation of partisan warfare, a little-known dark-money group is trying to thwart the President’s entire slate.
By Jane Mayer
April 16, 2022

"...Nan Aron, the former head of Alliance for Justice, a progressive group that led the charge against both Thomas and Kavanaugh, acknowledged that, over the years, her group had scoured the records, finances, and personal lives of nominees it opposed. The crucial difference, she said, was that “it wasn’t the groups that were manufacturing” the scandals which plagued the nominees. As she put it, “None of the groups were looking for Christine Blasey Ford—no one made phone calls to find her.”

Ford, who maintains that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were both in high school, reached out directly to Democrats in Congress. The ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee at the time, Dianne Feinstein, sent an emissary to evaluate Ford’s claims and declined to make them public, but by then Ford had voiced her complaints to enough people that the word spread to reporters, including to me and Ronan Farrow, another writer at this magazine. Some conservatives have tried to establish a false equivalence between conventional reporting and the mudslinging directed at Ketanji Brown Jackson. But Ford testified in Congress against Kavanaugh.

A second woman who accused him of sexual misconduct on the record, Deborah Ramirez, offered to speak to the F.B.I. (Kavanaugh strongly denied the allegations against him during his own congressional testimony.) Notably, the A.A.F.’s campaigns against Biden nominees have produced no witnesses or alleged victims who have testified before Congress. And some of the group’s accusations have been summarily rejected by outside authorities. The New York Attorney Grievance Committees curtly declined a demand by the A.A.F. that they investigate Biden’s nominee for general counsel of the Navy, John P. (Sean) Coffey, whom the A.A.F. had accused of engaging in “an unethical pay-to-play scheme” when his law firm represented pension funds. In a four-paragraph response to Jones, obtained by The New Yorker, the chief attorney for the legal group declined to take action, noting, “You provide no evidence.”.."

Last edited:
If the accusations in the following are true, Jackson is a radical.

Of course it goes without saying that if you agree with her judicial positions you'd hardly admit there being anything radical about them.

Stop poisoning your brain with that bunk

Back
Top Bottom